Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Long may both continue 😅👍🏼

Luck ran out. To be fair, purely on BBC stats it looks very one sided towards Bolton and somewhat likely they would score.

Final score: Cambridge 1 Bolton 2

image.thumb.png.272c54581376fdc6f649c4754c90a645.png

You can see from this we're still a fair way behind. But also, as I posted in the match thread for the coming weekend, win away at Barnsley and they are effectively out of it and it's a three-horse raise for the automatic places.

Edited by Carl Sagan

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Final score: Cambridge 1 Bolton 2

image.thumb.png.272c54581376fdc6f649c4754c90a645.png

You can see from this we're still a fair way behind. But also, as I posted in the match thread for the coming weekend, win away at Barnsley and they are effectively out of it and it's a three-horse raise for the automatic places.

The biggest problem for Bolton might be the fact that they have to play all of the top sides. Equally, it could also work to their advantage - no time to relax.

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

The biggest problem for Bolton might be the fact that they have to play all of the top sides. Equally, it could also work to their advantage - no time to relax.

The only other thing is potentially the rescheduled games - they have more midweeks than us still so that has the potential - and I think some injuries to key players still returning. There will be good and bad weeks before seasons end.

I watched the second half of the Bolton game, they looked decent going forward and solid at the back. Did what they had to to win the game without ever being spectacular. Just what you'd expect really. They've got a good front line. 

5 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Bolton’s defeat and Pompeys draw weren’t too bad for us , but losing to Barnsley has really gave them a massive boost, I fear them more than Bolton

Barnsley have a much easier run in than Bolton and seem to be having some good fortune this season.

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

Barnsley have a much easier run in than Bolton and seem to be having some good fortune this season.

As well as Bolton at home, Barnsley have three tricky away games to navigate (Stevenage, Portsmouth and Blackpool). 

I have this funny feeling that it might well be decided by teams dropping unexpected points rather than how they perform in their tougher games.