Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

32 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

and the quality of cover whilst he is missing,nyambe shooting off for a nothing international cap,risking injury,leaves us extremely exposed

Nyambe going to play for his country in a cross-continent tournament doesn’t strike me as a “nothing international cap”, it’s equivalent to the Euros for African nations, why wouldn’t he want to play and why should we begrudge it?
We have options to play at right back, not the standard of Nyambe but they can do a job. Or the potential to change shape and use Ward/Wilson at rwb.  
I think this is a really odd take on international recognition for one of our players by you and the other poster. 

“How dare this very good player who has been recognised for his talent and form by his country take up the option to play in a prestigious international tournament?!”….. weird 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Can see this being a tester for Warne's preferred three at the back formation.

Wildsmith

Nelson - Bradley - Cashin 
Wilson - Thompson - Hourihane - Forsyth
                            Bird
                      Collins - TJJ

Think NML needs a well deserved rest.
Hourihane surely won't be dropped after a 45 min rest at the weekend.

I dont think too may players will be rested for this game, they will more than likely get rested for the Bradford game next midweek with abit of a longer rest til the Monday night game vs Burton.

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

Fornah could well be the athletic midfielder we need, but I don’t think he’s been given enough time to settle into the side. It’s either a cameo off the bench or not in the 18 at all. He needs to be given a run of consecutive starts to really see how he adapts and develops.

It’s the Derby way - get a player who has something to offer, then only let him offer it in fits and starts, then drop him or play him out of position. Just how many players gave we seen this happen to?

Wildsmith

Smith.     Nelson.    Cashin.    Elder

Thompson.  Fornah.   

Ward.             Waghorn           NML

Collins

Vickers Forsyth Hourihane Wilson TJJ Barkhuizen Sibley

This is the team I would go with but it is unlikely to happen.

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Personally the 3/5/2 that plenty don’t want us playing is something we really need to be looking to get working , we need to be able to have extra man / legs in midfield in certain games and periods of games , even more so second half of a long season

As I see it, we don't have the right players in the squad yet.

We don't have a natural midfield 2, so with the current crop would like a third in there.

But we don't have a prolific striker for the lone role so need 2 up top....

.....nor do we have CBs who can play in a 3. Maybe Bradley was hoped to be the guy, but it hasn't really worked so we need 4 back there.

Perhaps it will depend on what type of signing we can find?

With Nyambe away at the African Cup of Nations, we will again try the switch to three at the back. Given that, we should make our fullbacks wingers, and I think NML should have a well-deserved rest.

Wildsmith

Nelson    Bradley     Cashin

Wilson          Fornah    Bird           Forsyth

Sibley

John-Jules   Collins

Bench: Vickers    Ward    Elder    Hourihane   Thompson    Barkhuizen    NML 

There's an argument for starting Thompson who I don't think is fit (understandably) instead of Fornah and replacing him when he runs out of gas. I'd like to see John-Jules start, but you can't drop Collins after two goals, so why not try them both together? Sibley brings oh so much more to the set piece table than Hourihane, yet it's what Hourihane is meant to be in the team for. Wildsmith has had two poor games in a row so there is an argument for Vickers, but I would retain the keeper as we're mucking about with the rest of the defence somewhat. If Fozzy hasn't got it in his legs, then Barkhuizen or Elder are good options.

3 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

and the quality of cover whilst he is missing,nyambe shooting off for a nothing international cap,risking injury,leaves us extremely exposed

When we signed him, the club was aware he's be absent during the 2 international breaks in the last 1/3 of 2023.

When he was offered an 18 month extension on his contract, PW and his staff knew, barring injury, he'd be off the represent Namibia at AFCON. Maybe they know something you don't. Maybe missing him for January is deemed by those whose opinion counts to be well worth what he can deliver over the next season and a half.

Maybe PW is happy as it will allow him to revert to his, apparently, preferred back 3.

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

You really have ripped one of our players to bits there. The game is all about opinions , but at least Fornah wants to be here and will be here for the foreseeable future. As for Bird , he needs to drop into Tier 3 .

... not sure if you missed the news...... but Derby ARE in Tier 32 of the English footballing pyramid 🙂    and, as a Derby player, so is Max Bird.

3 hours ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

Wildsmith

Thompson.  Fornah.   

Collins

Absolutely unlikely to happen! Starting with 6 players that haven't played 90 minutes for months, maybe against Bradford in the 'not interested until we at Wembley Cup' but not away from home in a league game we really need 3 points from to stop a complete meltdown by half the (so called) support!

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unfortunately, he's just not very good, and at 24 he's unlikely to improve by much in the future. It's as if our recruitment team went searching for a "more athletic Korey Smith". Neither are good enough to play the sole DM role, and neither offer enough going forward to play further forward. Bird gets criticised for a lack of end product, but he's like De Bruyne in comparison to Fornah.

You’ve surprised me a bit there it seems a harsh fast judgement on the lad, personally I rated him on his first few appearances and then he dropped off a bit but has shown glimpses of there being a player in there🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

Wildsmith

Thompson.  Fornah.   

Collins

Waggers and Smithy still injured aren’t they 🤔