Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

4 minutes ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

Don't see Ward as a right back, he looks more comfortable playing wide right putting in those great crosses.

Said this before, but he struggles as a right winger as he’s slow and can’t go past anyone or in behind. He’s pretty bad defensively, so right back only really suits if we are ball dominant. He is an old school right midfielder which don’t really exist in football formations in the modern game, hence he kinda ends up as a wing back. 

1 hour ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

Don't see Ward as a right back, he looks more comfortable playing wide right putting in those great crosses.

Posh fans all say the same….he’s a wing back not a traditional right back … he can’t defend…. He’s not a good tackler and constantly mistimes challenges - reminds me of Sibley in that regard…

All the Posh say he had a habit of giving away penalties..

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Said this before, but he struggles as a right winger as he’s slow and can’t go past anyone or in behind. He’s pretty bad defensively, so right back only really suits if we are ball dominant. He is an old school right midfielder which don’t really exist in football formations in the modern game, hence he kinda ends up as a wing back. 

He may be ok in  a RM with Wilson behind him in a Coutts/Bradford style combo

48 minutes ago, sage said:

He may be ok in  a RM with Wilson behind him in a Coutts/Bradford style combo

Maybe, but that kinda falls into the modern formation part. Unless we change what we are doing significantly. We don’t play a flat 442 with a right mid who tucks in. We want our wingers more in the modern 433 or as inverted wingers. 

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

Maybe, but that kinda falls into the modern formation part. Unless we change what we are doing significantly. We don’t play a flat 442 with a right mid who tucks in. We want our wingers more in the modern 433 or as inverted wingers. 

We had a successful spell with 442 with NML central with Collins.

Wilson played RW and Barks LW.

12 hours ago, Srg said:

Poor man's David Beckham?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Match day and there’s very little discussion about the game.

Hope the team doesn’t take the game this lightly!

Here's to everyone who is travelling up this morning having a stress-free journey, a relaxing mid-morning break (around 09:58), time for a little internetting, and lots and lots of bacon.  🐏

May the bacon be with you.

#too cryptic?
#he knows who I mean 😉
#new best mate, innit
#... and so very wise, too
#etc, etc...

🐏🍻

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Here's to everyone who is travelling up this morning having a stress-free journey, a relaxing mid-morning break (around 09:58), time for a little internetting, and lots and lots of bacon.  🐏

May the bacon be with you.

#too cryptic?
#he knows who I mean 😉
#new best mate, innit
#... and so very wise, too
#etc, etc...

🐏🍻

Think we should have an away day breakfast feature. Pictures of rams fans enjoying a pre-match nosh 😉

8 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

The good lady wife has decided to take a spontaneous trip south to look after her lovely Mum and Dad for a day ( they are really like my Mum and Dad too, as mine were a generation older and passed in 1992 and 2009 respectively).

A day at home. No jobs to do. Rams on TV. What could possibly go wrong (hic) ? 👀

We’re in Aberystwyth for the weekend so the in-laws can take the kids to the panto. The early kick off plays into my hands perfectly, can watch the Rams before the family head to the panto, then while they’re at the panto I get to spend quality time with the other half. Her doomscrolling social media while I interact with you fine lot following (hopefully) a fine away day! 🐏 

I’m wondering if we’ll see a back 3 today, but think I’d rather he stick with the recent 4-4-1-1. 

Wildsmith

Wilson.  Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Ward    Bird  Hourihane  Barkhuizen

Sibley

Collins

Rest NML from the start then bring him on against tiring legs. Sibley in for his long range shooting against what may be a stubborn Fleetwood defence playing under the new manager bounce. Ward and Wilson to alternate on the right so their defence have different threats to figure out. Collins to carry on his good form and score a couple again before TJJ comes on later in the game and bags a classy third. 

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’re in Aberystwyth for the weekend so the in-laws can take the kids to the panto. The early kick off plays into my hands perfectly, can watch the Rams before the family head to the panto, then while they’re at the panto I get to spend quality time with the other half. Her doomscrolling social media while I interact with you fine lot following (hopefully) a fine away day! 🐏 

I’m wondering if we’ll see a back 3 today, but think I’d rather he stick with the recent 4-4-1-1. 

Wildsmith

Wilson.  Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Ward    Bird  Hourihane  Barkhuizen

Sibley

Collins

Rest NML from the start then bring him on against tiring legs. Sibley in for his long range shooting against what may be a stubborn Fleetwood defence playing under the new manager bounce. Ward and Wilson to alternate on the right so their defence have different threats to figure out. Collins to carry on his good form and score a couple again before TJJ comes on later in the game and bags a classy third. 

If Barkhuisen plays, he’d better put more effort in than he did on Monday. His jogs back into defence put us under pressure. He likes to cruise through games. Need more from him. I’d rather see Sibley on the left in your line up and give TJJ the chance to show what he can do.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If Barkhuisen plays, he’d better put more effort in than he did on Monday. His jogs back into defence put us under pressure. He likes to cruise through games. Need more from him. I’d rather see Sibley on the left in your line up and give TJJ the chance to show what he can do.

I've gone for barks as frgs for mozzas prediction league so that should guarantee that he's dropped from the squad.....

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Fair shout, Barkhuizen is a weird one for me, as you say his effort levels appear less than others or he doesn’t quite have the same energy levels as the rest, but he does carry a threat going forward. It’s an inconsistent threat, but a threat nonetheless 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Can't go today as I've got to take down our ridiculously looking Christmas tree and other assorted tacky decorations. No doubt I'll have other jobs to do too. 

I'll be listening to the wireless for this one so let's hope for a win. Lose or draw today and we are officially on a bad run.