Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

11 hours ago, europia said:

Really? Just another oversight by the recruitment team then? Wouldn't it be a novel idea to sign players who can actually play games??

Rooney, ward, Wilson. Are the prescribed cover yet sadly Rooney is broken as is emergency Smith so not very good at defending Ward or Wilson get the job for me it would be Ward - we have more cover at right back than anywhere but only one real right back 

11 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I'd be saying the same at Liverpool about signing Mo Saleh. Awful signing, with him being away with the Egyptian national team. 

With all due respect, Salah earns the right and doesn't really owe anything to his club. Look at his record, and the trophy cabinet. 

23 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The alternative is either Wilson (Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen then have to play the full 90) or 3 at the back (Bradley at CB or Forsyth at CB with Elder LWB).

Ward should be capable enough against Fleetwood

Vickers

Nelson.   Bradley.   Cashin 

Ward.        Thommo.          Elder 

Bird.       Hourihane

TJJ.       Collo

Subs: Wildsmith, Wilson, Foz, Fornah, Sibley, Waggy, NML.

.TJJ needs to start for me. Yes they’ve got a decent rest this week but I still think NML and Wilson would benefit from the extra recovery.

7 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Vickers

Nelson.   Bradley.   Cashin 

Ward.        Thommo.          Elder 

Bird.       Hourihane

TJJ.       Collo

Subs: Wildsmith, Wilson, Foz, Fornah, Sibley, Waggy, NML.

.TJJ needs to start for me. Yes they’ve got a decent rest this week but I still think NML and Wilson would benefit from the extra recovery.

I'd shove fornah into the thommo role, move thommo forward and drop one of bird/hourihane to the bench for a rest.

17 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd shove fornah into the thommo role, move thommo forward and drop one of bird/hourihane to the bench for a rest.

I’d tend to agree but given Hourihane had 45 mins rest on Monday I’d be surprised if Warne drops him. Likewise, if Bird’s fit he’ll play.

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not against the bottom side though 

Surely resting him against the perceived weaker teams makes more sense, so he's fresher for the challenge against better defences in a few weeks time, if we play a back 4 he just doesn't provide enough help defensively out wide, so he should be in behind/alongside Collins if that's the case, which TJJ can play, or Sibley or a returning Waghorn, again, against a perceived poorer defence it would be ideal to get one of them some serious minutes to get match fit and confidence levels up.

43 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Fornah could well be the athletic midfielder we need, but I don’t think he’s been given enough time to settle into the side. It’s either a cameo off the bench or not in the 18 at all. He needs to be given a run of consecutive starts to really see how he adapts and develops.

Unfortunately, he's just not very good, and at 24 he's unlikely to improve by much in the future. It's as if our recruitment team went searching for a "more athletic Korey Smith". Neither are good enough to play the sole DM role, and neither offer enough going forward to play further forward. Bird gets criticised for a lack of end product, but he's like De Bruyne in comparison to Fornah.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unfortunately, he's just not very good, and at 24 he's unlikely to improve by much in the future. It's as if our recruitment team went searching for a "more athletic Korey Smith". Neither are good enough to play the sole DM role, and neither offer enough going forward to play further forward. Bird gets criticised for a lack of end product, but he's like De Bruyne in comparison to Fornah.

You really have ripped one of our players to bits there. The game is all about opinions , but at least Fornah wants to be here and will be here for the foreseeable future. As for Bird , he needs to drop into Tier 3 .

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m just not sure anyone can say that yet though, we’ve not seen enough. I agree he was bought in due to his athleticism. This was fully displayed in his late game heroics when he set up NML a few matches ago. He's unlikely to play the CDM role alone, whereas in the current 442/4231 he would be an athletic upgrade as one of the 2 in the middle.

I'm not saying he is amazing, I’m saying I don’t know what he is. I don’t think any of us do

12 hours ago, europia said:

With all due respect, Salah earns the right and doesn't really owe anything to his club. Look at his record, and the trophy cabinet. 

and the quality of cover whilst he is missing,nyambe shooting off for a nothing international cap,risking injury,leaves us extremely exposed

54 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

League 3 , sorry

Is there any such thing as “league 3”?

Fornah “wants to be here” because we have offered him a contract and, presumably, there is no one from a higher league sniffing around for him as their maybe for Bird.

That’s not a criticism of Fornah but neither should Bird be hung out to dry simply for being interested in furthering his career at a higher level (if indeed he has indicated he doesn’t want to be here as you seem to be implying).

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Think your post is slightly harsh, but can't really disagree. 

Think Fornah's probably an average league 1 midfielder. Signing a well rounded centre mid must be a tough gig admittedly but we really struggle to find a balance between goal scorers (Hourihane and Sibley) who can't really defend and defensive minded players who can't score (Bird, Smith and Fornah). Maybe Thompson is the golden ticket?