Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

Despite the result an enjoyable game to watch, the best football I have seen this season. Both teams came out to win the game, and they probably just deserved it with their attacking play. They were fast, neat and creative. We defended very well but lump a ball into a crowded box, take set piece quickly and chances happen if you’re lucky and they were. Their forward line was excellent and their No 14 very impressive.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I would vehemently disagree.

He was up against 3 athletic CMs today, with initially just Hourihane with him, then with Sibs and Tommo both playing as 8s.

He ran himself into the ground playing every minute of the last 3 games in 6 days.

Wasn't amazing today, but played pretty well and to suggest a poor work ethic is bizarre 

You are obviously watching a different match if that’s your analysis of Birds contribution. He was bypassed all day long and made no real effort to at least be difficult to pass. Basically he was a passenger 

58 minutes ago, sage said:

Last season he had a bad game at Barnsley and never looked quite the same again. I hope the Oxford error doesn't set him off on a bad run again.

I did say early in this thread that I wondered if Vickers might come in after Wildsmith had had a couple of wobbles recently.Wasn’t at the game but listened on RD and sounded like Joe made 2-3 decent saves when boro were on top in the first half. Should he have come for the ball for the third?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Please elaborate. I listened to his interview on the drive home and didn’t hear anything justifying such a response.

Apparently he swore on air during the Dom Dietrich post match interview. In response to a question about the subs and hindsight, didn’t hear it, but not swearing “at” Dietrich but as part of his conversation with him. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Apparently he swore on air during the Dom Dietrich post match interview. In response to a question about the subs and hindsight, didn’t hear it, but not swearing “at” Dietrich but as part of his conversation with him. 

Oh yes, I heard that. I thought he was being critical of what Warne had said about the game. Apologies @Seaside Ram

5 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

You are obviously watching a different match if that’s your analysis of Birds contribution. He was bypassed all day long and made no real effort to at least be difficult to pass. Basically he was a passenger 

Tripe

8 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Despite the result an enjoyable game to watch, the best football I have seen this season. Both teams came out to win the game, and they probably just deserved it with their attacking play. They were fast, neat and creative. We defended very well but lump a ball into a crowded box, take set piece quickly and chances happen if you’re lucky and they were. Their forward line was excellent and their No 14 very impressive.

The biggest compliment I can give Posh is to say that’s how I would like to see us play. Great football, quick, neat and threatening; a bit like Stevie Macs Rams team 😊

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Please elaborate. I listened to his interview on the drive home and didn’t hear anything justifying such a response.

Paul did slip an effing in, during the post match interview. He would have been fuming at seeing a team pass the ball out from the back , like they did . That style is not for us Rams fans . We hated it when Cocu and Rosenior did it .

Just back in

The closest game of the season and we were closely matched..they had their athetisim and we had experience and a bit of guile.

A draw would have been fairest but we had our chances at the end,as did they but it eventually dropped to them at the death and they took it.

Not worried about this result at all,we have still collected a lot of points over Christmas which will stand us in good stead.

We carry on,COYR

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

With better officiating we might have got a point but that doesn’t detract from Peterborough who were easily the best footballing side to visit us this season. Some great interplay on the right flank throughout the game, they worked in groups with skill and eager athleticism. I was also impressed by their lack of gamesmanship. Both teams stood up most of the time and played like men. If I wasn’t a Ram that would have been a great advert for football. Effort, pace and skill from both sides. Our older legs exposed our weaknesses but not for want of effort or desire. Warne was right to introduce younger legs at HT he saw what we all saw but it wasn’t quite enough. Yes there were some defensive errors but in many ways it was more Peterborough’s attacking flair than any gross errors or lack of ability on our part.

Have to take this on the chin. We are in a strong 4th place with half the season to play. It’s no disaster. All the players can hold their heads high in my opinion.

My choices for our standouts.

Cash, excellent again but he was up against some serious pace and got stretched and forced in to errors more than once, but his ability to simply do old fashioned well timed clear tackles is top drawer

Wilson was exceptional , his strength, speed and tenacity to keep or win the ball 1 V 1 was exemplary. He worked his man time and time again and came out on top in duals with ease. He’s growing in stature and in reading the game. 

Collins. For a man of his age to run like he did, score 2 goals and on occasions reveal deft one touch lay offs, he deserves an MOTM. He isn’t a deadly rapier of a striker that we all dream of but he is a consistent trooper with skills that aren’t always recognised. Half way point in season and 10 league goals ? Not bad you know. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just back in

The closest game of the season and we were closely matched..they had their athetisim and we had experience and a bit of guile.

A draw would have been fairest but we had our chances at the end,as did they buy it eventually dropped to them at the death.

Not worried about this result at all,we have still collected a lot of points over Christmas which will stand us in food stead.

We carry on,COYR

They were worthy winners.

We were way off our best today and Peterborough were allowed to control the game. I thought it was a mistake keeping the same side to be honest, we definitely needed to have an extra pair of legs in the middle to allow us to control possession and stem the inevitable flow of runners. Felt like it was one hand too many in quick succession for a lot of the lads and they just looked a half years off the pace all game.

It's a shame we couldn't take the kind of performances from Wigan and Oxford into this one but we were going to lose at some point. They were the better side and comfortably one of the better sides in the league, so it is what it is. 

We have to respond to this now and bounce back. Lots of games to play and autos now well within reach after this incredible run. I'm very positive about our chances. 

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Best team won Wildsmith shaky again. Think we were lucky to get the peno . 

The only luck was that he didn't get a second yellow.

They still deserved the win, and they might still have got a goal, but I don't think they would have won if they were down to 10 men from that point.

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Best team won Wildsmith shaky again. Think we were lucky to get the peno . 

I was 70 yards away in the east stand and even I saw the desperate and deliberate raised hand. 100% peno. 

51 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

Sorry but I don’t accept your view. If his standard is according to you cracking then we have little chance of promotion 

U don't have to accept anything… but whilst i hope we do it I honestly don’t think we will be near the top two - Bolton and Posh 

Edited by caymanram