Player of the half-season

Kernow

Oxford will bring up 23 games and mark the half-way stage of the season. So given that, who's winning the award so far?

For me it's between NML and Curtis Nelson. I would probably give it to NML as I think he's the most effective and most dangerous player by far. But defensively, we have been excellent. You wouldn't have thought that after the first couple of games where it was mistakes galore, but we've really sorted things out at the back. There must be something with defenders named Curtis and Derby County.

There's a few other candidates who have also been pretty good this season, but those two are my stand-outs. It shows things must be going pretty well when I could see a justification for 4 or 5 players getting the award. Some years you're scraping the barrel for 1 or 2.

Curtis Nelson. Cashin was wobbly early, and Nelson was maybe for a couple of games but not as long as Cashin was. Bradley partly to blame for holding them both down. NML in with a shout, but he’s only really come on the last 2 months - coinciding with our run. 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Curtis Nelson. Cashin was wobbly early, and Nelson was maybe for a couple of games but not as long as Cashin was. Bradley partly to blame for holding them both down. NML in with a shout, but he’s only really come on the last 2 months - coinciding with our run. 

This^. NML has been back to the form that excited me so much last season before his levels dropped off. Save for his first 2 games Nelson’s standards have been consistently high. He’s developed really strong relationships with both Cash and Nyambe. Strains everything to win the ball or disrupt play and his decision-making has been more or less spot on. Must fill Wildsmith with confidence having Curtis in front of him.

39 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Has to be Nelson for me, with NML & Cashin both worthy candidates too. Consistently good performances from Nyambe & Forsyth too, both quietly efficient.

What they said.

Edited by S6 boy