Player of the half-season

Kernow

image.png.da5358642336b75e76bae99cd5cecd1f.png

After 22 games, this is how DCFCFANS Forum members rate the players. The ratings are based on 375 observations (max) depending on games player by the player. Nelson is the clear leader, followed by Cashin. Top 5 is made up of 4 defenders so you can see what our season so far has relied upon. I'll be posting more analyses over this coming weekend. Surprised not to see NML higher to be honest. 

More analyses to come including recent improvements by Wilson and Collins.  

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

After 22 games, this is how DCFCFANS Forum members rate the players. The ratings are based on 375 observations (max) depending on games player by the player. Nelson is the clear leader, followed by Cashin. Top 5 is made up of 4 defenders so you can see what our season so far has relied upon. I'll be posting more analyses over this coming weekend. Surprised not to see NML higher to be honest. 

The 'Minimum' column makes for interesting reading. I wonder what Washington did to get a 0? 😂

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

This is fascinating reading. Good work!

Still Cashin for me - my Player of the Year last season, and he remains the best defender (arguably the best player altogether) in the league imo. Just a consistently outstanding performer - wins virtually every header that comes his way (impressive given his height), distributes the ball well, reads the game superbly, always willing to put his body on the line, and has rescued us from dangerous situations countless times with his often under appreciated recovery tackles. Everything you’d want in a defender, and the key component in the leagues best defence at the half way stage.

Honourable mentions to Cashin’s CB partner in Nelson, who you could also attribute most of the above to - together they’ve formed a consistent, formidable partnership. Going forward, after a slow start, Mendez-Laing has been electric - terrorising defenders and becoming easily our most productive player, who we (probably too often) rely on for a bit of magic. He runs Cashin close imo.

I think it's clear (from this thread) that I need to stop with this whole Cashin-Crush I have, and start checking out the others! 😲

In fairness, NML's input hasn't totally passed me by, but Nelson and his performances have clearly done so... to my utter shame!

And yeah... I'm fully aware that says more about me, my lack of football nous, and my inexcusable inability to concentrate, than it does about any player herein mentioned.

I'll try to take more note of Nelson, starting this evening on Rams TV, then again live from the Cauldron of Pride on Monday.

But for now, I'll refrain from adding my vote, as it's quite an unhealthy man-crush I have on young Eiran... and he doesn't deserve that!  

#whataguy, though, eh? 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think it's clear (from this thread) that I need to stop with this whole Cashin-Crush I have, and start checking out the others! 😲

In fairness, NML's input hasn't totally passed me by, but Nelson and his performances have clearly done so... to my utter shame!

And yeah... I'm fully aware that says more about me, my lack of football nous, and my inexcusable inability to concentrate, than it does about any player herein mentioned.

I'll try to take more note of Nelson, starting this evening on Rams TV, then again live from the Cauldron of Pride on Monday.

But for now, I'll refrain from adding my vote, as it's quite an unhealthy man-crush I have on young Eiran... and he doesn't deserve that!  

#whataguy, though, eh? 

Nope!

Couldn't concentrate.

Still Cashin.
Still Obsessed.
Still #whataguy!

On 29/12/2023 at 16:55, Ellafella said:

16th place in the ratings but my player of the half-season is Collins. He is defending from the front so effectively, that he makes our centrebacks and rest of the defense look like world-beaters.

Not too shabby, while scoring once in 1,5 games.

21 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

16th place in the ratings but my player of the half-season is Collins. He is defending from the front so effectively, that he makes our centrebacks and rest of the defense look like world-beaters.

Not too shabby, while scoring once in 1,5 games.

Collo’s average ratings are increasing of late so suspect he’ll be higher soon. 

On 29/12/2023 at 14:55, Ellafella said:

Four fairly high-profile signings at the very bottom. 

One at the very top. 

A mixed bag!