Films that everyone has watched, but you haven't (well not all the way through)

sage

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Far too many to mention.

I'd imagine I've yet to see at least 80 of any respectable top 100 all time classics.

I didn't see Shawshank redemption (1994) until lockdown, and now rate it as my No1.

Similar timing for the Godfathers (x3), Goodfellas, and Fight club (The latter rated as "utter rubbish".)

Superheroes, galactic battles, and fantasy stuff interest me not, so they'll never get a look in.  Same with screaming hysterical kids (Home Alone/Matilda etc) and anything slapstick and/or with Jim Carey in it. 
I can cope with gore and giblets, but I don't trust my heart, so jumpy "Scary/Horror movies" are a definite no-no!  🤣

Not a fan of period drama's either, hence why Muckerette watches 'em alone, and I just come on here!  🤣

I'll give anything a go with Morgan Freeman in it, basically.

EDIT, as a test...

From this specific top 100 list...
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055592025/

I've not seen 73 of 'em!  

I appreciate that won't be everyone's "Top 100"!  

Wow, I haven't seen 63/100 of those.

So many old ones though. I've probably seen most of the listed films made in the last 40 years but hardly any of the pre 1960's ones - and there are a lot of them!.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Far too many to mention.

I'd imagine I've yet to see at least 80 of any respectable top 100 all time classics.

I didn't see Shawshank redemption (1994) until lockdown, and now rate it as my No1.

Similar timing for the Godfathers (x3), Goodfellas, and Fight club (The latter rated as "utter rubbish".)

Superheroes, galactic battles, and fantasy stuff interest me not, so they'll never get a look in.  Same with screaming hysterical kids (Home Alone/Matilda etc) and anything slapstick and/or with Jim Carey in it. 
I can cope with gore and giblets, but I don't trust my heart, so jumpy "Scary/Horror movies" are a definite no-no!  🤣

Not a fan of period drama's either, hence why Muckerette watches 'em alone, and I just come on here!  🤣

EDIT, as a test...

I've not seen 73 of 'em!  

I've seen 90 of them, and I've still not seen ET

49 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Far too many to mention.

EDIT, as a test...

I've not seen 73 of 'em!  

From that list there are 68 I haven't watched all the way through or not at all.

I haven't watched these all the way through: Godfather (x3), Schindler's List, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Singing in the Rain, Goodfellas, Fargo

And these at all: Raging Bull, Lawrence of Arabia, Vertigo, On the Waterfront, Sunset Blvd., West Side Story, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Chinatown, Dr Stangelove, Some Like It Hot, Ben-Hur, Amadeus, From Here to Eternity, Unforgiven, A Streetcar Name Desire, The Philadelphia Story, An American in Paris, The Best Years of Our Lives, My Fair Lady, Doctor Zhivago, The Searchers, Patton, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Apartment, Platoon, High Noon, Dances with Wolves, The Pianist, The Deer Hunter, All Quiet on the Western Front, Bonnie and Clyde, The French Connection, City Lights, It Happened One Night, A Place in the Sun, Midnight Cowboy, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Annie Hall, Giant, Shane, The Grapes of Wrath, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Nashville, Network, The Graduate, American Graffiti, Terms of Endearment, The African Queen, Stagecoach, Mutiny on the Bounty, The Great Dictator, Double Indemnity, The Maltese Falcon, Wuthering Heights, Rear Window, The Third Man, Rebel Without a Cause, North by Northwest, Yankee Doodle Dandy

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

From that list there are 68 I haven't watched all the way through or not at all.

I haven't watched these all the way through: Godfather 1 and 2 (x3), Schindler's List, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Singing in the Rain, Goodfellas, Fargo

And these at all: Raging Bull, Lawrence of Arabia, Vertigo, On the Waterfront, Sunset Blvd., West Side Story, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Chinatown, Dr Stangelove, Some Like It Hot, Ben-Hur, Amadeus, From Here to Eternity, Unforgiven, A Streetcar Name Desire, The Philadelphia Story, An American in Paris, The Best Years of Our Lives, My Fair Lady, Doctor Zhivago, The Searchers, Patton, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Apartment, Platoon, High Noon, Dances with Wolves, The Pianist, The Deer Hunter, All Quiet on the Western Front, Bonnie and Clyde, The French Connection, City Lights, It Happened One Night, A Place in the Sun, Midnight Cowboy, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Annie Hall, Giant, Shane, The Grapes of Wrath, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Nashville, Network, The Graduate, American Graffiti, Terms of Endearment, The African Queen, Stagecoach, Mutiny on the Bounty, The Great Dictator, Double Indemnity, The Maltese Falcon, Wuthering Heights, Rear Window, The Third Man, Rebel Without a Cause, North by Northwest, Yankee Doodle Dandy

I'd recommend all these

I only counted 10/100 I have watched in  their entirety, even some of them weren't really through choice but just because they were on the Tele and either someone else was watching or I was incredibly bored 

The Wizard of Oz. Psycho. Forrest Gump. ET. Lord of the Rings. Titanic. Jaws. Jurassic Park. The Exorcist. Rear Window..

Only 1 of them (Jurassic Park) at the cinema and none of them (or any film for that matter) twice.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

On 18/12/2023 at 06:32, Ghost of Clough said:

I haven't watched these all the way through: Godfather (x3), Schindler's List, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Singing in the Rain, Goodfellas, Fargo

Wow, so many great films you have missed, I think I've seen them all. 

You must see Network, but first you've got to get mad.

On 18/12/2023 at 15:00, AndyinLiverpool said:

I haven't watched Avatar all the way through. I went to the cinema to see it, so the intent was there but slept through a good deal of it and never felt the need to see it again. See also Gone Girl and Tenet (though these last two were on my own telly).

I slept through Thd Kings Speech. 

I actually didn’t hear any speech for a day or two, he stopped speaking to me for embarrassing him 

Not seen: 

Any Star Wars, Fast and Furious or Transformers films

Films starring either of The Rock or Stephen Siegal 

Mama Mia

Dirty Dancing

Dr Zhivago 

Every Rambo after First Blood

and probably quite a few more.

Films I've never seen all the way through:

Gone With The Wind

King Kong (2005) - fell asleep after a "long lunch"

Edited by Crewton