Films that everyone has watched, but you haven't (well not all the way through)

sage

• 2 weeks later...

None of the die hards or home alone...

But the big one is the lion King...

Back when I was in, my OC (very aristocratic female) tried to talk to me about it, I said 'never seen it', she asked why & I replied 'it's beneath me' (not really being serious)

Next day my FofS was in her office, I was in earshot and heard her say 'AND HE SAID IT WAS BENEATH HIM'!

😁

On 19/12/2023 at 19:35, Ewe Ram said:

Mama Mia - the very thought makes me nauseous. I hate Abba with a passion. 
The Greatest Showman - just sounds like it will be awful 

I agree Abba are rubbish. It's not just because it's Abba though. I dislike all musicals where they awkwardly shoehorn a plot around a group of songs that were never intended to have a connected narrative. I like the Proclaimers, but the film Sunshine on Leith is crap. It's just so lazy and pointless. If I like a band or an artist I want to hear them performing their own work, rather than a load of b list actors doing karaoke versions of the songs.

7 hours ago, Anon said:

I agree Abba are rubbish. It's not just because it's Abba though. I dislike all musicals where they awkwardly shoehorn a plot around a group of songs that were never intended to have a connected narrative. I like the Proclaimers, but the film Sunshine on Leith is crap. It's just so lazy and pointless. If I like a band or an artist I want to hear them performing their own work, rather than a load of b list actors doing karaoke versions of the songs.

I tend to agree...

Although I thought 'Rocketman' was really really good and Elton's songs fitted in very nicely. 

On the list itself, I've watched about half. With another maybe 10-20 I've seen bits of.

The biggest omissions being the classics I suppose,  eg Gone with the Wind, Casablanca,  The Third Man.

Would just never seek them out. 

Recent absences are anything I can't imagine would interest me, so I've never seen Dirty Dancing,  50 Shades....err Mama Mia itself actually, Love Actually,  The Holiday..

In fact ...almost anything the missus suggests!