Films that everyone has watched, but you haven't (well not all the way through)

sage

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nothing to see in the second two but ET? Come on, do yourself a favour...😀

I went out with a girl when I was sixteen and we agreed at the time we wouldn't watch ET (it was released that year) due to the endless media kerfuffle about it all. Couple of years ago we bumped into each other at a mutual friend's do (some forty years later). Neither of us has ever seen ET - it seems love dies but stubborn intransigence is forever....

Bambi

Dumbo

Snow white and the 7 little men

Cinderella 

El Cid

The 10 Commandments 

My Mum worked as an Usherette at the Gaumont on London Road Derby which then became the Odeon when that closed down, We'd get 2 complimentary tickets every week to watch the latest film releases 👍

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I went out with a girl when I was sixteen and we agreed at the time we wouldn't watch ET (it was released that year) due to the endless media kerfuffle about it all. Couple of years ago we bumped into each other at a mutual friend's do (some forty years later). Neither of us has ever seen ET - it seems love dies but stubborn intransigence is forever....

There is a joke in there about ET's finger but i'll leave it 

26 minutes ago, Alpha said:

There's so many films I've not seen all the way through but they're inappropriate to name. 

You're missing out on some crucial character development. Some of the plot twists leave you on the edge of your seat. I'm pretty sure that's where the term edging comes from.

Far too many to mention.

I'd imagine I've yet to see at least 80 of any respectable top 100 all time classics.

I didn't see Shawshank redemption (1994) until lockdown, and now rate it as my No1.

Similar timing for the Godfathers (x3), Goodfellas, and Fight club (The latter rated as "utter rubbish".)

Superheroes, galactic battles, and fantasy stuff interest me not, so they'll never get a look in.  Same with screaming hysterical kids (Home Alone/Matilda etc) and anything slapstick and/or with Jim Carey in it. 
I can cope with gore and giblets, but I don't trust my heart, so jumpy "Scary/Horror movies" are a definite no-no!  🤣

Not a fan of period drama's either, hence why Muckerette watches 'em alone, and I just come on here!  🤣

I'll give anything a go with Morgan Freeman in it, basically.

EDIT, as a test...

From this specific top 100 list...
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055592025/

I've not seen 73 of 'em!  

I appreciate that won't be everyone's "Top 100"!  

Edited by Mucker1884

59 minutes ago, Anon said:

You're missing out on some crucial character development. Some of the plot twists leave you on the edge of your seat. I'm pretty sure that's where the term edging comes from.

I once saw Thora Hird T Bagging in...A Kind of Loving 😁