Bristol Rovers - 25 November

B4’s Sister

Happy with three wins in a row! Weren’t brilliant today but played okay, think Bristol rovers looked decent too.

Seem to have found a system that works for us, getting our striker in the game still an issue.

Fornah looked good, smith is not suited to the position at all. Fornah hopefully gets a few games there. Mendez Laing was good as well.

and like others don’t think going to give at the back ever helps.

Warne seemed a little defensive and snotty with Dom after the game there.  Is there 'a history' I don't know about?  Can't possibly be that Warne prefers Ed surely!

I've not read the thread. I'm sure its been said. A game that won't last long in the memory but a win is a win. However, performances like that - particularly in the first half - don't inspire much confidence.  

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nope, we’ve got a game in hand on Peterborough in 5th and two on Stevenage in 4th

IMG_0923.jpeg

Despite some forum users sharpening their knives with a couple of minutes to go, it ended up being a good day at the office 🙂

Yeah the performances still aren't there, but we're in the top six, 6pts off the autos and making noises about January transfers - a better transfer window than last January could see us do well this season.

And Forest scored 2 and still lost at home.  Good day all round 😛 

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Despite some forum users sharpening their knives with a couple of minutes to go, it ended up being a good day at the office 🙂

Yeah the performances still aren't there, but we're in the top six, 6pts off the autos and making noises about January transfers - a better transfer window than last January could see us do well this season.

And Forest scored 2 and still lost at home.  Good day all round 😛 

U say that… but last home game we destroyed Barnsley

some people have selective short memories 

Weve been v v average yet 6th spot, 6 points off top two and the gaffer will be able to strengthan in jan 

Were the big fish in this league and teams will be out to do us, the whole town come out when derby are in town fact… leeds had it, wendies had it 

Its other clubs big day out so its not been plain sailing , far from it especially when they come to PP (today being a perfect example) 

but despite being underwhelming were sat v v nicely ready for a second half of the season push

Edited by NottsRam77

Rubbish first half. Seriously rubbish, the only positive was the B4 applause. I heard a lot of people talking about him around me in the ground and it was actually a very emotional experience.

Second half was better, but Rovers were dire throughout which helped. I don’t want to call Korey Smith a scapegoat because my interpretation of the word is someone who undeservedly gets singled out for criticism. Cutting him for Fornah made the world of difference. We wouldn’t have 3 points without Fornah. Likewise, I thought Wilson was positive and had a good performance off the bench, so credit to Warne for the changes, but before that the entire game was dire.

Did we deserve the 3 points? Maybe, just. But only because Rovers came for a point and weren’t really very good in trying for it.

We’re six points off autos, but we are going to have to improve a lot before we  get there.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

U say that… but last home game we destroyed Barnsley

some people have selective short memories 

Weve been v v average yet 6th spot, 6 points off top two and the gaffer will be able to strengthan in jan 

Were the big fish in this league and team will be out to do us, the whole town come out when derby are in town fact… leeds had it, wendies had it 

Its other clubs big day out so its not been plain sailing , far from it 

but despite being underwhelming were sat v v nicely ready for a second half of the season push

Yeah I'm not complaining 👍

I said months ago that if we can get into the top 6 by Christmas we'll be an attractive proposition for players that want to come in for a promotion push.  Last season we lost out due to still being under EFL restrictions, all the teams around us strengthened and we ran out of stamina. 

We've got some money this season and hopefully this season we've identified some players that can get us into the top 2.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Rubbish first half. Seriously rubbish, the only positive was the B4 applause. I heard a lot of people talking about him around me in the ground and it was actually a very emotional experience.

Second half was better, but Rovers were dire throughout which helped. I don’t want to call Korey Smith a scapegoat because my interpretation of the word is someone who undeservedly gets singled out for criticism. Cutting him for Fornah made the world of difference. We wouldn’t have 3 points without Fornah. Likewise, I thought Wilson was positive and had a good performance off the bench, so credit to Warne for the changes, but before that the entire game was dire.

Did we deserve the 3 points? Maybe, just. But only because Rovers came for a point and weren’t really very good in trying for it.

We’re six points off autos, but we are going to have to improve a lot before we  get there.

Agree with that 

one thing that does intrigue me 

The number of times i see on here “derby won , but so and so were rubbish” 

not a dig at u .. but at what point do we give our lads credit for making them look rubbish.

pressing , harrying them, being physical, out running them , winning challenges, getting in tight .. for too long these were things we didnt do which makes other team look bad.

while the football is crap, there is an ugly side to the game that allows u to win football matches

obviously we all want the football to he 200 times better but i think we do the lads a little dis service sometimes