January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

aren't we limited to 12k a month wages,an addict is an addict,whether they have a penny or a pound.warne has gambled with his budget

It’s a tenuous analogy at best, having made signings for the club, with the alleged input of other senior employees at the club you can say he’s gambled on some of the signings, but how has he shown the behaviour of an addict? 

28 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

The Bolton game is huge in March will NML be available for that as I think it's international break and I don't think we will hit the quota of 3 call ups for a postponement unless Washington is back fit for a call up then?

International Break is following weekend - I know as I'm missing the Bolton loss, I mean Bolton game.

15 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

aren't we limited to 12k a month wages,an addict is an addict,whether they have a penny or a pound.warne has gambled with his budget

Not everyone that gambles in an addict plus, if you’re saying Warne is a gambler because he has signed players that may or may not prove to be a success then surely every football manager is a gambler. Given it’s impossible to sign certainties what would you rather he did, not sign any one?

12 minutes ago, Papahet said:

You know what will happen don't you?

We'll miss out on Gregory or Smith, either will go to Charlton after missing out on Clarke Harris and they'll end up in the play offs ahead of us.🙄

CHARLTON !!! Like the team in 18th who are 19 points off the playoffs. A team who have 1 league win since October (2 after Saturday). I doubt very much they will even sniff the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Doesn't feel like we are going to sign anyone.

I just hope we can avoid another long, drawn out, slide out of the playoffs.

Hopefully but like any transfer window you need to have a pulling factor when trying g to sign players. Clubs in the prem will look at style of play, how many minutes there players get etc and also previous management club improving there players. Exactly why clubs look to loan to a Bolton or Peterborough. Both have great styles of play and in the case of Bolton have improved players and given them minutes. Look at the Liverpool connection and also the players willingness to join that management team.

If I was a player would I look at derby as a place to develop as a young pro - no 

does the manager have a track record with us of giving young players minutes - no 

is the style of play easy on the eye - no I wouldn’t say so 

it’s not just the club but the manager who has to look attractive. Look at hull if Rosenior wasn’t there manager would they have signed who they have I highly doubt it 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Can't wait for the meltdown tonight from some of the babies that don't realise that deadline day is tomorrow.

11pm tomorrow. Might have to stay up late to suffer the disappointment.

7 minutes ago, SSD said:

In the grand scheme of things, there's plenty of time left. How many deals get done on the last day (tomorrow)? Happens every bloody year, like last minute Christmas shopping.

True but how many deadline days have we smashed? Not since Mac 1 believe. Even Rowett we got gazumped on Lookman and missed out on Grosicki who later signed for Hull and was class.

I reckon we'll get Gregory or some old codger of that nature and that'll be it.

Restrictions lifted for next season when the league will be three times as tough.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

True but how many deadline days have we smashed? Not since Mac 1 believe. Even Rowett we got gazumped on Lookman and missed out on Grosicki who later signed for Hull and was class.

I reckon we'll get Gregory or some old codger of that nature and that'll be it.

Restrictions lifted for next season when the league will be three times as tough.

The budget won’t change unless we get promoted 

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Warne admitting that last years January killed us off. Repeats trick.

But its the fans fault for being entitled. 

I think the big realisation from this window is that we're not as flush as first thought, either through EFL restrictions or our own frugality. The message this time has been very clearly the club cannot put much money into signings. I'm guessing the restrictions we're still under are quite harsh but for some reason we're reluctant to throw the EFL under the bus by saying this explicitly. 

Having tight restrictions that massively limit our transfer dealings is absolutely not Warne's fault.

My main issue is the complete lack of tempering expectations from the club. Why did we ever come out and make comments about having a 'good budget', when in January we'd be having to do weird dealings like doing a permanent transfer as an initial loan? If the restrictions were still tight we should have been subtly warning fans that we likely still weren't able to spend transfer fees- everyone assumed Warne was being coy when he inferred this, turns out he was closer to the truth than we thought.