Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

I’m Warne Out (sounds like an AA meeting!)

I don’t believe David will sack him and his merry entourage whilst there is still an outside chance of the play offs.

David knows the autos are probably gone now. It would take a huge turnaround in performances and results.

The problem will come in January, if we still have a chance, would David trust him with any sort of transfer budget and would David veto selling of any our younger players such as bird, cashin. If not we could end up with a team full of aging journeymen playing Div 3 style football.

I want success for DCFC, but also want a team of players and coaches that I can believe in and have more passion about than I do right now.

11 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

I’m Warne Out (sounds like an AA meeting!)

I don’t believe David will sack him and his merry entourage whilst there is still an outside chance of the play offs.

David knows the autos are probably gone now. It would take a huge turnaround in performances and results.

The problem will come in January, if we still have a chance, would David trust him with any sort of transfer budget and would David veto selling of any our younger players such as bird, cashin. If not we could end up with a team full of aging journeymen playing Div 3 style football.

I want success for DCFC, but also want a team of players and coaches that I can believe in and have more passion about than I do right now.

He will sell Cashin, only 6 months left on his contract come Jan.  I suspect nowhere near the £4m that Brighton were offering, although Birmingham are now interested, that is if Wazza lasts to January...  So that could push the price up a bit.

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

From a quick glance there’s about 11 players out of contract anyway, so whoever the manager is will have another rebuild ahead.

some of the players out of contract 

wildsmith 

thompson 
NML

hourihane 

Barkhuizen 

collins 

waghorn 

sibley 

bird 

cashin 

But how many would be even tempted to stay with PW still in place? On the flip side how many would get good deals with their current performances?

Edited by CBRammette

Having slept on it, another major concern is losing our best players in January if we're not competing for promotion. If offers come in, we'll have to sell Bird, Cashin etc. Wildsmith is one of the best keepers in the league, he might fancy being a number one in the Championship. Then it weakens the team even more.

Really big couple of months coming up and we've got a manager on the ropes in the 10th round.

I can't believe he's still here. The only hope is that someone said Clowes never makes quick decisions, but always takes a weekend to think about them. 

Before the season, and looking at the woeful quality in the division, I was of the opinion anything less than automatic promotion would be seriously underperforming, given the resources at Warne's disposal. It's only October, but automatics are already gone and people are talking about us getting into the playoffs. The magnitude of Warne's failure is staggering. And there is no indication whatsoever that the football will improve - no green shoots where fans can see a way forward.

Keeping him looks as if it will consign us to several years in Leagues One or Two, as it will simply be a case of managed decline. Given that, Clowes is likely asking himself "was it worth it?" Everyone thinks they will make good decisions and see the team they own rise up the leagues. But the adage about making a small fortune by buying a football club is a truism. Having entered the game, Clowes has put himself in a terrible position where whatever he does likely loses him and his family even more money. But by sticking with Warne, this loss looks all but certain. Twisting and rolling the dice again, at least gives him a chance.

58 minutes ago, SSD said:

Having slept on it, another major concern is losing our best players in January if we're not competing for promotion. If offers come in, we'll have to sell Bird, Cashin etc. Wildsmith is one of the best keepers in the league, he might fancy being a number one in the Championship. Then it weakens the team even more.

Really big couple of months coming up and we've got a manager on the ropes in the 10th round.

At this point, I'd not mind taking the money for them. The money would be much more valuable to us in the short term, especially if it lets us get a new manager and some players in this Jan.

I'd love the romantic idea of our academy kids bringing the club back and taking us up the leagues, but I don't think we have that luxury of time at the moment. I'd love Cash to stay with us for his whole career, but imagine how much we could do with 3m odd quid in this division. We could grab JCH and still have 2.5 million spare.

It's definitely pragmatism vs romanticism.

On 26/10/2023 at 13:30, Robram said:

After 2 games ?

The protest is against how Birmingham have treated John Eustace, in the same way that Max Verstappen was boo’d after winning the F1 race in America last week at the way he and the team have destroyed his team mate Sergio Perez psychologically.