Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

What a painful watch… very little quality at all with no obvious game plan from us other than hope…

I can honestly say I’ve played in far better Sunday League games than what I’ve just witnessed.

Utterly depressing 😢

Edited by HectorsHouse

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

This is what worries me the most at the moment. Currently Wildsmith, Cashin, Fozzy, Nyambe, Bird, Thompson, Robinson, Sibley, Hourihane, Smith, Barkhuizen, NML, Collins and Waggy are all out of contract at the end of the season. A good chunk of those will likely have offers elsewhere from clubs that will be above 11th in League One. Any progress we make this season, which so far is looking minimal, will immediately be wiped and we'll be starting fresh again. Based on what Warne has dished up so far I do not trust him with that rebuild and if we get that one wrong, we might be down here for a few years.

Exactly, this season feels like the last season that we will think our squad is capable of promotion. Next year if we’re still in this league it will be weaker without a doubt.

Sounds like he’s about to burst into tears. Also sounds like he’s trying to convince himself it wasn’t that bad. 

He’s also pointed to us not being able to bring in players for fees… a shambles really. He chose to go chasing championship players on big wages rather than league 2/1 players on the up (gambles) for a small fee and lower wages