Birmingham Sack Eustace

GangwayD

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Eustace gets a payout and his reputation well and truly in tact. He will probably end up at Rangers where expectation is high, but if you do an above average job there you’ve got a direct pathway into a good Premier League job. 

Meanwhile Birmingham have a pretty expensive risk which only really pays off if they get promoted. Rooney is a bigger name than Birmingham, like he was with us. He knows that whatever he does there will still result with him getting another job pretty soon afterwards any way.

Looks likely that everyone is a winner in this situation except Birmingham City. Which is a real shame…

Karma for them wishing us dead perhaps...

5 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Seems some fans think Eustace's style was boring and negative and the new owners are playing on that to justify the change of manager they were always going to make as soon as possibly after Rooney left DC, with their statement conveniently mentioning 'ambition' wanting to bring someone in to implement a  "no fear" approach throughout the club.

A lot of Brum fans have compared it to the time when they sacked Rowett and brought Zola in.

lets be honest whatever way they paint this its a ridiclous decision.

not only is the timing stupid, its not like they are even replacing him with a top manager where you can say okay i can see what they are planning.

birmingham found another idiotic ownership, you cant treat fans like idiots like they do in the states

On 09/10/2023 at 13:39, Anon said:

Some people have an odd mental block when it comes to names.

For example, I always forget Freud's first name. I know it's either Sigmund or Penis, but I forget which.

Penis envy on your part possibly 🤷‍♂️. Do you suck your pen ever? 👀

Birmingham City chief executive Garry Cook has written a letter to fans which says John Eustace was sacked because of a 'misalignment' between the manager and the club's bosses - which decoded means that they want Rooney and Eustace isn't Rooney.....tinpot club who deserve all the failure they're likely to get with this move.....

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Who would’ve ever thought there’d be a time in my life where I’d take John Eustace over Wayne Rooney in a heartbeat…

Thinking about it actually, Eustace was miles better for us as a player than Rooney 😂

Bit harsh - Eustace the first time wasn’t very good and neither were the other players yet when signed again the other players were better and he fitted in perfectly.

Rooney might not have been able to run around a lot but he is the last player we have had who can control and instantly pass the football 

There's nowt so fickle as football fans, I have a big dislike for BCFC which was more so after the "party song", Then I sought of mellowed as I thought Eustace was doing a pretty good, Now I can go back to disliking them even more, I've no axe to grind with WR, As he was our manager who prised himself into the job, Bailed out due to advice I believe, Walked into manage DC United and failed, Then gets a job with the 2nd city club, A name can paint a 1000 pictures and a past reputation goes a long way in the game 🙄