Birmingham Sack Eustace

GangwayD

It's merely a post to highlight the utter madness that goes on in Football not me advocating anything other.

Eustace has turned that club around and has them 6th.  They sack him to replace him with Rooney who as much as I love, I don't wish any success on Birmingham after their last visit to us and some of the chants they came with. 

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

Just now, GangwayD said:

It's merely a post to highlight the utter madness that goes on in Football not me advocating anything other.

Eustace has turned that club around and has them 6th.  They sack him to replace him with Rooney who as much as I love, I don't wish any success on Birmingham after their last visit to us and some of the chants they came with. 

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

Should be on the football thread or ex-rams. Crazy decision that i think Eustace knew was coming.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe it's a "Steve McClaren loves the Toon" situation?

Sounds like Rangers are sniffing around Eustace (Tapping?), so Brum have "let him go" (With or without their best wishes?)  🤷‍♂️

Quick, nip in before the Gers get him. Seriously though, utter madness.

Slightly off topic, one think I did notice, is Krystian Bielik has almost made more appearances for them than he did for us in 4 years - God we've been unlucky with injuries to key players over the years, or at least if feels that way.  If only ...

@Mucker1884 I didn't think of that and a possible scenario.

Gangway D from the terrace.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

He’s a bit old now, where would you play him.

Beat me to it.  He's 43 and some fans are going mad at all the over 30's we've been linked with or bringing in !  In fairness he'd probably do a job...

Gangway D from the Terrace.

Edited by GangwayD

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Sounds like Rangers are sniffing around Eustace (Tapping?), so Brum have "let him go" (With or without their best wishes?)  🤷‍♂️

Or that has been leaked to keep the Brum fans happy.  

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sounds more like Garry Cook and Rooney have some dodgy relationship within football. Rooney stayed with us through all sorts of problems, but as soon as the Kirchner takeover (which was set to involve Garry Cook joining as CEO) fell through, he decided to leave and pop off to America despite his wife hating the place. Garry Cook is then appointed at Birmingham and within months Rooney is being brought in to replace a manager performing well. For whatever reason, they both appear desperate to work together.

Seems some fans think Eustace's style was boring and negative and the new owners are playing on that to justify the change of manager they were always going to make as soon as possibly after Rooney left DC, with their statement conveniently mentioning 'ambition' wanting to bring someone in to implement a  "no fear" approach throughout the club.

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Get Eustace in now.

So what’s his record in management ( honestly don’t know ) 

is he producing the so called pure possession football some on here crave 

has he been at Birmingham long ? Has he had success or is he just having a good run at the start of the season?
where was he before brum and was he successful, promotions ect ect ?

does he fit our budget and is he ok with our spend budget ?

is he as garuanteed successful as is possible for the financial outlay to out warne and bring him in ?

these are honest questions I don’t know the answer to rather than I don’t like or fancy warne so just get eustace in 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eustace gets a payout and his reputation well and truly in tact. He will probably end up at Rangers where expectation is high, but if you do an above average job there you’ve got a direct pathway into a good Premier League job. 

Meanwhile Birmingham have a pretty expensive risk which only really pays off if they get promoted. Rooney is a bigger name than Birmingham, like he was with us. He knows that whatever he does there will still result with him getting another job pretty soon afterwards any way.

Looks likely that everyone is a winner in this situation except Birmingham City. Which is a real shame…

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Genuinely can never remember if his name is Cook or Crook

Some people have an odd mental block when it comes to names.

For example, I always forget Freud's first name. I know it's either Sigmund or Penis, but I forget which.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Eustace gets a payout and his reputation well and truly in tact. He will probably end up at Rangers where expectation is high, but if you do an above average job there you’ve got a direct pathway into a good Premier League job. 

Meanwhile Birmingham have a pretty expensive risk which only really pays off if they get promoted. Rooney is a bigger name than Birmingham, like he was with us. He knows that whatever he does there will still result with him getting another job pretty soon afterwards any way.

Looks likely that everyone is a winner in this situation except Birmingham City. Which is a real shame…

Birmingham seem to have got lucky with their new ownership group. Eustace as you say leaves with reputation more than firmly intact, I’d say considerably enhanced. They were a basket case when he stepped in.

Eustace is the sort of coach I’d love to see at Derby one day. Talks very measured too if you listen to his press soundbites.