Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We had 62% possession today, away from home. 

When you say you're seeing kick and rush can you give a few examples of that today, as I don't remember hardly any long aimless balls.

Stats say around 100 long balls with only 44% reaching their target. 

10 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Not long got back and i wont look at comments till ive put mine. Blackpool was a blip in Warneball. Ive not much more to say. My heart sank when i saw the team. No play thru midfield...it was gonna be all wing play and cross. We were awful against a side that wouldnt finish top half in League 2!! Warne is lucky to still be in a job as you wouldnt need all the fingers on one hand to count the good performances in the last 6 to 7 months!!

A forest fan could count the good performances we had under MAC1 on one hand. 

9 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

List all the budgets in the division then

surely you don’t genuinely believe we have anything other than a top 2/3 budget? 

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

A squad with ‘the ability to play well in the Championship’ would not be this inconsistent and frustrating in League 1.

Players with ‘the ability to play well in the Championship’ would not have given a League One club a second glance.

If this group of players are genuinely above this level, surely they would put it all together more often, even in spite of the manager?

If we have players above this level, which the evidence suggests is not the case, then they are doing a fairly poor job of showing it and that can’t all be down to the manager.

This was the case 1 division above us until Bielsa took over at Leeds. They were a crap championship team and without much investment turned into a competitive (in the lower regions) premier league side. 

Obviously it’s extreme as it’s Bielsa but just showing that a team can be so so much better than their current offering. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

.....our strength is in playing on the deck through midfield utilising the best passsers in the club.

We need three in midfield to do that. 

Bird and Fornah are two, and on balance Smith is better than Hourihane as the third.

100% agree with this. Bird is as classy a midfielder as there is in L1. Utilise him in his best role and play it on the deck. Smith too can pick a pass. Fornah, Bird and Smith should be the fulcrum of our play.

I'm not in the Warne out camp  - his signing of Nyambe and Fornah buy him extra time for me - but the overall style of play needs to improve and should be better with the relative quality of our squad compared to most in this division. 

1 hour ago, WarneOut said:

I’m still fuming that we conceded a goal to a team that has been unable to score against literally anyone else.

We’re a laughing stock and the responsibility for that lies completely with Warne.

I’m not too bothered about the fact that they scored. They were always going to start scoring goals eventually and you’d have to be seriously sensitive if you think it makes us a laughing stock, I’m just disappointed we didn’t win.

Also, whilst Warne must take joint responsibility for us failing to win I fail to see how he can be completely responsible for the single incident of their goal.

Would you have still been fuming if we’d conceded a goal but run out comfortable winners?

Edited by Tamworthram

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The last bit of your post resonates for me - I am tired of reading the same post(s) over and over again 

How can you expect people’s posts to change when the football on show repeats itself? Warne’s post match pressers take the same route as well. 

I hate to say it, but we’ll be in this Groundhog Day loop until Warne is gone or turns it around sufficiently.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come one, it's been over a year and two transfer windows and we look worse than when he came in. We have a good budget and the ability to sign players for a fee. All the 'remember what happened' 'we're lucky to have a club' is loooong looong past. I remember the other times we were lucky to have a club, it happens, we got over it.

Did we get over it within 2 years?  
How long did it take for us to become massive again?

... And as for your "loooong looong past"... the past 2 years represents the most recent 1.44% of our entire existence, so some might say not that long after all, really!  

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

How can you expect people’s posts to change when the football on show repeats itself? Warne’s post match pressers take the same route as well. 

I hate to say it, but we’ll be in this Groundhog Day loop until Warne is gone or turns it around sufficiently.

I was merely quoting the last part of the OPs thoughts. 

Perhaps you should direct your question to themselves if you're looking for answers. 

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

They were always going to start scoring goals eventually and you’d have to be seriously sensitive if you think it makes us a laughing stock, I’m just disappointed we didn’t win.

Also, whilst Warne must take joint responsibility for us failing to win I fail to see how he can be completely responsible for the single incident of their goal.

That’s quite the extrapolation. I didn’t say that just conceding the goal made us a laughing stock - it’s the constant failure to meet minimum standards.

7 minutes ago, WarneOut said:

That’s quite the extrapolation. I didn’t say that just conceding the goal made us a laughing stock - it’s the constant failure to meet minimum standards.

Fair point and I apologise. I misread your post a little.

The crux of my post remain valid though (in my simple mind at least). I’m certainly not “fuming” that they scored and whilst I think most outsiders will consider Derby to be seriously underperforming and nowhere near preseason expectations but I don’t think we’re a laughing stock.

Edited by Tamworthram

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

He comes across in interviews and was the same in the pre-season phone in as very prickly if anyone challenges his way of thinking or doing things. I've got no idea if that's what it's like behind the scenes or if he thinks as he's a professional, he's above questioning from fans or reporters. Either way it demonstrates a potentially serious flaw in his man management and character as a coach. 

Rubbish! Name me another Manager who agrees who doesn’t get “prickly” if they get challenged about the way they do things? He behaves just like you!

So in summary… we made one individual mistake (forsah) they capitalised and we (collins) missed a big wodge of chances to win it

it happens … its football

keep saying it , get ourselves a better forward we’ll be flying

sadly we wont go too far with collins leading the line

No where near as bad as some make out

Edited by NottsRam77

11 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Knee jerk doesn’t describe peoples feelings after 13 months surely??

Aye look at the paying fans, wanting to see derby play some good football in the 3rd division of English football. Such entitlement 

There's a difference between wanting something different (aka "Better"!) and vitriolic demands for heads to be hoisted on sticks!.

How about unity?  All in it together?  Fight to the end?  Fist-pumpin' encouragement? 
How about just turning away, and counting to 10 to calm the f*** down?
How about they just walk away in silent disgust, if they feel that strongly? 

Even our most loyal band of travelling brothers (and sisters) don't have any divine right to dish out personal abuse to the club's hierarchy and/or employees (Which is what I am reading this morning?  No idea how true this is?)  
I'd even argue that such reaction does more harm than good... to the club as a whole... but I appreciate some may argue that point.

How about I turn to these "So-called supporters" and start singing "Get out of our club" to them? 
I appreciate I'd get a bloodied nose, but would I also be accused of being unfair towards them, or would I have a right to express such an opinion?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's a difference between wanting something different (aka "Better"!) and vitriolic demands for heads to be hoisted on sticks!.

How about unity?  All in it together?  Fight to the end?  Fist-pumpin' encouragement? 
How about just turning away, and counting to 10 to calm the f*** down?
How about they just walk away in silent disgust, if they feel that strongly? 

Even our most loyal band of travelling brothers (and sisters) don't have any divine right to dish out personal abuse to the club's hierarchy and/or employees (Which is what I am reading this morning?  No idea how true this is?)  
I'd even argue that such reaction does more harm than good... to the club as a whole... but I appreciate some may argue that point.

How about I turn to these "So-called supporters" and start singing "Get out of our club" to them? 
I appreciate I'd get a bloodied nose, but would I also be accused of being unfair towards them, or would I have a right to express such an opinion?

I couldn't have worded this better myself if I'd sat down and tried to craft a response to summarise the current status quo on here. 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Forsyth passes it sideways or backwards to Cashin everytime he's on the ball, do you not think Warne would drop him for not playing the way he wants?

Obviously, this is an extreme example, but there's a tipping point between how Warne wants them to play, and how they individually want to play

Yeah - Footballers need, to some extent, to be instinctive, they need to play in the style they have been accustomed. To a large extent, of course, they need to be able to follow instructions and adapt to a style of play but there is a point at which a player isn't suitable for a style of play. I don't know if that's the case here but it certainly looks like it.

I'm not a 'sack the manager' sort of person but I don't feel like we're going in the right direction, consistently, at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not off topic. I stated that people on here are dwelling in the perceived negativity as they choose to do so.

No one else is determining their outlook other then themselves. 

Clearly wrong since they are not choosing to be negative if the negativity goes away with good performances. Its stimulus - response. Those who are positive about the team regardless of performance are the ones choosing their mood. It's very rational to make negative comments about poor performances. 

You comment too much on other posters rather than just talking about the football. Some might call it preaching.

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Why don't you list all of the facilities of all the clubs in the division instead seeing as you seem to dispute my initial assertion?

I never mentioned anything about our facilities or budget in the first place