Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Was meant to be going with a couple of pals still living in Cheltenham, but plans changed annoyingly. As I mentioned for this same fixture last season I hope those going have a blast, Cheltenham is a great town.

Early lineup thoughts, depending on fitness etc Warne has the opportunity to make some changes whilst still pressing home (hopefully) our “superiority”. Back 5 picks itself at the moment, think Fornah and Koriniesta Smith are automatic picks after last night, Bird continuing in the 10 and what I’d like to see is Barkhuizen and Sibley coming in as the wide players of the 3 behind the striker. They offer a bit of guile and intelligence, could swap sides during the game, and it means NML gets a rest and can come on later in the game to use his pace against a tired defence. Collins or Waggy as the central striker. 

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

JJ on the bench when fit to provide pace against tiring defences towards the end of games. Based on the Blackpool performance, who would you drop to fit Ward and/or Elder in the starting XI. IMO none of them deserve to lose the shirt although I suspect NML and Barks will continue their game of musical chairs. Barks starting this time, NML getting the last 25 to 30 minutes and starting in the following game.

23 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Fornah

Mendez-Laing   Bird   Sibley   Barkhuizen

Collins

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Wilson, Smith, Hourihane, Washington, Waghorn

He won't drop Smith ever !!

23 hours ago, sage said:

About time they dropped Smith. Rubbish player.

19 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He won't drop Smith ever !!

You two are entitled to your opinion, but I think against deeper defences we'd be better off with an attacking player (Sibley) than a defensive one (Smith).

Fornah is all we need to screen the defence against weaker opposition like Cheltenham.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

You two are entitled to your opinion, but I think against deeper defences we'd be better off with an attacking player (Sibley) than a defensive one (Smith).

Fornah is all we need to screen the defence against weaker opposition like Cheltenham.

i was joking...after his MOTM performance, i would agree that Bird and Fornah as the twin pivots with Sibley, JJ, Barks or Waghorn off Collins would be better in some games 

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth

Smith Fornah 

Wilson           Bird             Barks

Collins

Wouldn’t drop Smudge or Tyrese as they’re developing a really great partnership (although agree we probably don’t need 2 defensive mids, but we’re less cohesive with Hourihane partnering either). Barks has done more than enough to start and I’d still prefer NML to have 30mins against a tiring defence.

8 hours ago, MadAmster said:

JJ on the bench when fit to provide pace against tiring defences towards the end of games. Based on the Blackpool performance, who would you drop to fit Ward and/or Elder in the starting XI. IMO none of them deserve to lose the shirt although I suspect NML and Barks will continue their game of musical chairs. Barks starting this time, NML getting the last 25 to 30 minutes and starting in the following game.

SSSIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEYYYY!!!!! Its a no-brainer, and actually having to drop him at the slightest opportunity is the only remaining condition of administration still imposed by the EFL.