Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

It would be hypocrisy if I were the same in my professional job. Otherwise, it's not hypocrisy because I don't expect the standard to apply uniformly and in all contexts. 

Lol trying to have a debate with you is like building a house on quicksand - I could hear the goalposts shifting as you wrote that reply. 

33 minutes ago, alram said:

I think warne is lucky in general, I don’t think we deserve the amount of points we have got so far this season

but better to be lucky than good I suppose

Apart from a few exceptions (for example Liverpool didn't "deserve" to have their goal ruled out and we didn't "deserve" to have Wildsmith sent off at Bolton), you get what you deserve. We deserve to have as many points as we've got because, quite simply, that's how many we've got and I don't think any of them have been earned as a result of a bad decision by the officials or a fortunate/unfortunate ricochet or deflection.

We're currently not playing well enough to justify a play off spot and certainly not got enough for top two. But equally, we're not bad enough to be any lower.

48 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Nice to hear from you again, I was quite worried when you were absent from the pages of our recent victory.☺️

That's okay, whilst Warne and his awful style of football are smashing teams like Blackpool and Cheltenham what is there to be said.

17 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Collins fluffed his lines again had enough chances to walk away with the match ball with a bit of composure can't blame warne for that move on 

Warne had the opportunity to get a replacement for Collins in the summer so it is partly on him surely?  I used to think it was the players letting Warne down but after the umpteenth time I concluded that Warne must share a significant amount of the blame cos it doesn't matter what players he picks the outcome is very often not good enough.

Edited by Blondest Goat

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think the point people are making about yesterday is that although we didn't do too badly playing the way we were set up, some of us feel we could have done so much better with a midfield three and playing football on the ground more. 

Cheltenham are poor. 

Why is it that those of you who go to all matches are aware of this...yet the manager isn't?, I get the feeling once PW has picked the team then gives his motivational team talk there's players that go...🙄

55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No the context is only completely different as you choose it to be as it doesn't fit your narrative. 

I choose the context to be exactly the same - you advocate quantitative analysis but you then talk about purely subjective criticism on the other.

Seems like you want things all ways 

I remember the days when fans said to each other...shut the f*** up you know nowt, Now we're getting an analysis of Political speech...the worlds gone effing mad😁 

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Apart from a few exceptions (for example Liverpool didn't "deserve" to have their goal ruled out and we didn't "deserve" to have Wildsmith sent off at Bolton), you get what you deserve. We deserve to have as many points as we've got because, quite simply, that's how many we've got and I don't think any of them have been earned as a result of a bad decision by the officials or a fortunate/unfortunate ricochet or deflection.

We're currently not playing well enough to justify a play off spot and certainly not got enough for top two. But equally, we're not bad enough to be any lower.

not sure i agree, you dont always get what you deserve in football. we know this very well.

i dont think our performances have merited being as high as we are, we barely have a shot on target each game.

20 minutes ago, alram said:

not sure i agree, you dont always get what you deserve in football. we know this very well.

i dont think our performances have merited being as high as we are, we barely have a shot on target each game.

How would you calculate how high we “deserve” to be other than points accumulated (baring the two examples of luck I gave which we haven’t benefited from)? Do you think any of the teams below us “deserve” to be above us? If so, which ones and why?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

No it's called hypocrisy I believe that you advocate one standard to criticise someone but you then don't apply that same standard yourself. 

You throw around the word hypocrisy quite a bit when often referring to two quite different situations TD. Would be asking Santa for an Oxford dictionary if I were you. 

Similar accusations of hypocrisy aimed at me when I had more patience and time for Clough than Warne despite me explaining how the situations were very different 🤷🏼‍♂️

56 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Why is it that those of you who go to all matches are aware of this...yet the manager isn't?, I get the feeling once PW has picked the team then gives his motivational team talk there's players that go...🙄

I have been trying to give Paul Warne the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks now. I estimate that about 1/3 of our fan base have had enough. I was a little concerned about his attitude in interviews recently . But I tell you now - if the players turn on him , he is Toast.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not too bothered about the fact that they scored. They were always going to start scoring goals eventually and you’d have to be seriously sensitive if you think it makes us a laughing stock, I’m just disappointed we didn’t win.

Also, whilst Warne must take joint responsibility for us failing to win I fail to see how he can be completely responsible for the single incident of their goal.

Would you have still been fuming if we’d conceded a goal but run out comfortable winners?

If anything Warne should bear no responsibility for their goal. Fornah (I think it was) gave away possession at the back and, I'm reliably informed, that Warne does not want us playing football and just wants us to hoof it down the channels, so must be Fornahs fault for failing to obey instructions.

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Once Cheltenham scored they were happy with the point they turned their home game into a “home game” problem for us.

Cheltenham, once they that scored, played in the same way that Cambridge did in our last home game and we find very difficult to break down teams that just sit back and defend.

Our good away form is based on counter attacking teams not breaking down packed defences, we need to find an answer to breaking down defences. 

Answers on a postcard to

Mr P Warne , Derby County, Pride Park, Derby

😂😂😂

I haven’t got a postcard, but the answer nay well be:

SIBLEY AT NUMBER 10

Edited by DavesaRam

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I have been trying to give Paul Warne the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks now. I estimate that about 1/3 of our fan base have had enough. I was a little concerned about his attitude in interviews recently . But I tell you now - if the players turn on him , he is Toast.

Small sample size I know, but of the 5 season ticket holders that I go with, we are all disappointed with performances but none of us want him sacked.

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Small sample size I know, but of the 5 season ticket holders that I go with, we are all disappointed with performances but none of us want him sacked.

Why do they think things will change, given he has been here for (in managerial terms) a decent amount of time?

2 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm currently writing my thesis on why Paul Warne isn't doing a very good job. Once it's peer reviewed I'll let people on here read it.

We'll need a full list of your peers please so we can decide whether or not we agree with it. (I'm not planning to actually read it.)

😜