11 Points

Day

10 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Every year I say the same thing - I'd have money on all the teams doubling our tally of 11 points. I think only a couple of teams have not got to 22 points since we set the record. 

You could be right , Florists have already got 13 points , so they are out the running . How about Burnley ? They still keep trying to go toe to toe in every match . If Kompany don’t wise up he will struggle to get many more points.

Not only did we lack quality we also completely lacked fight. It's one of the reasons I hate that Danny Mills and Alan Stubbs skit on being part of the 'worst team in history'. They were part of a collective who should hold their heads in shame (barring perhaps Darren Moore) for their time and taking a pay cheque while contributing absolutely f*** all. It's one thing to be crap, it's another to be crap and basically go on the pitch without even the desire to win. A while ago I looked back at some old Paul Jewell interviews from that season and he basically said the same thing. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Not only did we lack quality we also completely lacked fight. It's one of the reasons I hate that Danny Mills and Alan Stubbs skit on being part of the 'worst team in history'. They were part of a collective who should hold their heads in shame (barring perhaps Darren Moore) for their time and taking a pay cheque while contributing absolutely f*** all. It's one thing to be crap, it's another to be crap and basically go on the pitch without even the desire to win. A while ago I looked back at some old Paul Jewell interviews from that season and he basically said the same thing. 

I agree.  I see no reason why any Derby fan would find it amusing.  

We tried till February and then the new ones just made it worse and for 10 games they couldn't have gave less of a s***.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A non existent penalty in the 100 th minute last week.  A red card and an own goal this one.

Never had that luck did we, not in the first 2/3 rds of the season were they putting in some effort..  Discounting the last 10 games were it wouldn't have mattered as they couldn't have gave a s***.

image.png.f66d36e38dadd61ef9e37a3d4dc68531.png

Shef Utd are crawling towards 11 pts and Bournemouth have 9 , which shows you crowd size means Jack in the Prem. Burnley must be looking at Kompony’s job. They walked the Championship and spent £100 mill . He is now asking for another £50 m in Jan, but Burnley fans have turned on him .

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A non existent penalty in the 100 th minute last week.  A red card and an own goal this one.

Never had that luck did we, not in the first 2/3 rds of the season were they putting in some effort..  Discounting the last 10 games were it wouldn't have mattered as they couldn't have gave a s***.

image.png.f66d36e38dadd61ef9e37a3d4dc68531.png

In fairness we did have some luck but couldn’t capitalize on it.

We draw at Fulham who played with 10 men for a half. We also had a penalty when 1-0 up against Blackburn, which we missed, then they scored two and won 1-2.

We had the perfect storm to achieve 11 points. 

I think Huddersfield a few years ago was our best bet.

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

In fairness we did have some luck but couldn’t capitalize on it.

We draw at Fulham who played with 10 men for a half. We also had a penalty when 1-0 up against Blackburn, which we missed, then they scored two and won 1-2.

We had the perfect storm to achieve 11 points. 

I think Huddersfield a few years ago was our best bet.

You would’ve thought Luton were the best bet. You’re not going to get many worse teams with less investment than Luton. But even their making a decent go of it.

Over 38 games against premier league opposition, I bet most league 1 or 2 teams would win a couple. It would be interesting to see stats on that based on the last 38 cup ties between say Walsall and premier league teams. I bet if you converted them into points they’d still have more than 11.

Its embarrassing that we were supposedly premier league standard, and couldn’t even muster more than one cup set level result (which wouldn’t have been a cupset, as we were supposed to be on the same level). 

every dog has their day against premier league opposition at some point. But out of 38 attempts that season, we had one good day. That’s kind of pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Everton have joined the race now with their 10 point deduction.

Personally, I don't think a 10 point deduction will cause them much of a problem being imposed at this point in the season and looking at the other clubs down near the bottom. I think they'll easily get more than 11 points and avoid relegation too. 

43 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Everton have joined the race now with their 10 point deduction.

They stayed up by 2pts last season . Will Leicester city now claim compensation, saying it should have been deducted last season ? And Man City ? Carragher says they should be dropped 5 leagues .

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

They’ll appeal too and then appeal the inevitable result. That should take at least another season to play out. It’ll be a right mess. 

It could suit Everton to get deducted this season with the 3 promoted teams being so bad . Everton F C are said to be worth £550 million but the new ground is costing £750 million . Those sums don’t add up.