Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 30+ years and never wanted to miss a match. 

I’ve decided today that until Warne has gone I won’t be attending any more games. I left on 72 minutes today, something I’ve never done before. 

It was awful, no direction and wasting my Saturday afternoon. 

The football he plays and the way he treats the academy (something that is close to me and my family) I can’t give him any more support. 

Call it mardy, but in all these years I’ve never felt like this about a manager. 

12 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Actually think this was a step in the right direction. We played some football this time and only one team could realistically win it based on how the game was played. Much more control and finally a game when we ran the show. 

A bit better in the final third and we would be a decent team if we keep playing like this. Cambridge created as much as I expect almost any team in this division should be able to create att PP. COYR  

Unless you're vehemently Warne out I think thats a fair assessment. 

Thats another clean sheet, another game in which the opposition hasn't laid a glove on us. We were set up well, put in the effort and controlled the match.

On the other hand, crossing, corners and free-kicks were awful - how many times did we hit the first man?  Subs maybe a bit too late but immediately prior to that we created 2 good chances. 

The amount of goals we are scoring is a concern but I'm not too sure what we can do about that without spending a lot of money.

1 minute ago, norwichram said:

Apologies I’ve not read any comments in the thread as yet.. how did Smith stay in the pitch with bird on the bench? 
love Nyambe but for this game surely Wilson would be the better option? Half time change? 
two cdms when we are dominating possession at home? Nah. Not good enough Paul. Fair enough if you want to set up that way but after 30 mins it was clear that smith was off it and surplus to requirements for this game. 

football was much better and Barks continuing fitness and NML played better. 

Love nyambe - sign up for 2.5 years please 

How I saw it: Smith has put in better performances but started this one in a somewhat iffy manner. He improved a bit as the game went on, but overall not a particularly good performance. Like you, I would have had Bird on for Smith much earlier (not just because of Smith's performance). I would like to give PW the benefit of the doubt that maybe he wanted to be extra careful with Bird. But then why say so emphatically that he will definitely be involved this weekend because he's one of our best players... only to give him 5 minutes? (Unless for the first time ever we actually tried to fool the opponent by revealing false team news in a Rams TV interview?! 🤣)

NML wasn't too bad today but right now I'd use him for the last 30 minutes. He's way off the heights he hit early on last season. 

Agree re Nyambe - absolutely solid.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Unless you're vehemently Warne out I think thats a fair assessment. 

Thats another clean sheet, another game in which the opposition hasn't laid a glove on us. We were set up well, put in the effort and controlled the match.

On the other hand, crossing, corners and free-kicks were awful - how many times did we hit the first man?  Subs maybe a bit too late but immediately prior to that we created 2 good chances. 

The amount of goals we are scoring is a concern but I'm not too sure what we can do about that without spending a lot of money.

Remember we were at home to Cambridge 😉

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne: We played through the middle and I want the team to play it out wide more (paraphrasing)

I must have watched a different game.

Me: We played out wide without much effect. Then to vary it a little, we hit the ball long to even less effect.

I think you and I watched the same game.

19 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

65% possession, 12 shots, 83% passing success, 0-0.

The performance police:

Partying Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift

Everyone else:

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

f****** clueless if you think that was acceptable.  Passing round the back and then getting it out wide to hopefully punt it in the box isn't acceptable ,when the football is that bad and the results at home are as they are don't think many people could do worse than Warne.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Why on gods earth are we putting up with this garbage.

I accept that we have to be humble in that “we are grateful to survive” but for how long do we have to be grateful and go through this purgatory of absolute dross.

I am beginning to wonder if it’s all been worth while.

Surly I’m not alone, it’s absolutely appalling what we are being subjected to.

Warne really can’t win with this fan base.

Last week we win 2-0 but that wasn’t good enough because of the way we won. We didn’t have enough possession, enough control and didn’t keep the ball and so on.

This week we try to implement that and it doesn’t quite come off and it’s a frustrating 0-0 and still Warne is dragged across the coals.

We are only three points from the play off places. We are likely to be in the top 6 if we win our game(s) in hand.

Why not let the manager and the team work out these teething problems before we come down so hard on them?

3 hours ago, mike93rh said:

No Sibley, no party.

He must be thinking about leaving asap. Can't develop as a youngster without a decent run of games, in your best position. 

Is his best position wide? Or wingback?

One lovely move after he came on with NML, showed what we don't do enough of.

So predictable, so ordinary. They were as good as us, is that good or bad?!

it's pure mid table

and it isnt even about the results it's about what we are being served up. it's absolute crap, there is nothing to get behind apart from them playing in a derby shirt. that's enough for almost everybody to turn up week in week out but we need something back from the club because this is absolute drivel

remember when we were told league one is a good chance to rebuild, some nice new grounds - should be fun! it was absolute rubbish, terrible grounds, awful teams and worst part is now we are no better.

we had our chance to rebuild the club from scratch and we blew it with poor signings and backed a poor manager. Clowes needs to act decisivly, sacking LR for Warne was a poor decision, he needs to rectify it and bring in a manager we can get behind, not a alan partridge / sam allardyce tribute act.

Edited by alram

The tactic’s for this team are so one dimensional and that is the problem.

Set pieces: Why do our players stand in a line? Their defenders were actually holding 2 or 3 of ours at a time to stop them moving.

I think we will be more incisive with Bird and Hourihane in the middle and Sibley at 10, Waghorn is not McGoldrick. 

Yes it’s early days still but Warne has got to stop setting us up like Rotherham and more like a side with one of the best squads in League One.