Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but I also hate the idea that people can't criticise Warne without the assumption that they want him to fail.

On the contrary, I want him to prove me wrong 

I'm all for constructive criticism.

Think I've made my point.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve quite enjoyed Korey Smith pinging a couple of passes around, and using his body well to swerve and wrong foot his opponent then moving forward through midfield. Maybe the absence of Hourihane along with a couple of more mobile team mates in the middle of the park is a benefit 

Said Saturday him missing for a couple of weeks might not be a bad thing. Green shoots from Embleton. Fornah played really well and Smith much more involved tonight.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but I also hate the idea that people can't criticise Warne without the assumption that they want him to fail.

I agree - nothing wrong with criticism that's constructive. Equally annoying though are the posters who use every thread possible to work in their obvious anti-Warne diatribe - it's tedious and boring.

That's the most enjoyable PPS experience I've had this season. Good football, easy on the eye, attempting to pass to each other and keep the ball on the ground led to, surprise surprise, good possession and good chances being created.

Both goals had excellent build up play and great fininshes.

Caveat - it looks like it was a young Lincoln team and other than the last 10 mins, when we just tailed off, looked a little out of their depth. They allowed us far too much time and space on the ball - we won't get that in league games but it would be nice to try and play the same type of football.

Good performances from Wilson and Fornah particularly. Embleton nice and tidy. Sibley and Barks add some quality. Bradley still looked nervous but hopefully tonight will do his confidence some good. 

Crowd, 2700. Shame there weren't more to see that Derby can actually play football.

16 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

I’ve just been to a Derby game and a football match broke out!  Albeit a against a poor Lincoln team. Wilson and Fornah my picks for MOTM.

Just got back myself , Warne says that’s how he wants to play. If Fornah and Sibley could keep that up I would not worry if Bird still wants to go in January.

A bit flat in the first half, with rare flashes of good play (mostly from Wilson). 

We got better as the 2nd half progressed. Barks goal probably a key factor. It was good to see a nukber of players returning from injury making an impact - Wilson, Sibley and Barkhuizen all playing important roles in the win. All 3 deserve to start vs Carlisle.

It was a weak Lincoln side so it'll be interesting to see if we can carry the improvement through to the gane at the weekend.

Enjoyed the game, especially the second half, Kane Wilson always looked to get on the front foot, loved his positive attitude, Fornah also looked good, definitely a player in there, should do our confidence a world of good, would deffo start, Wilson, Barks Sibley and fornah away to Carlisle. Team I would probably pick for Carlisle away is Wildsmith, Wilson, Nelson, Cashin Forsyth, Fornah, Smith, Mendez, Barks, Sibbo and Waghorn. Sibbo playing behind Waghorn, with Barks and Mendez outwide, and Fornah and smith in the middle, i feel that team would get us 3 points away to Carlisle. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A bit flat in the first half, with rare flashes of good play (mostly from Wilson). 

It was a weak Lincoln side so it'll be interesting to see if we can carry the improvement through to the gane at the weekend.

When you say improvement do you mean in playing style or chances created or what metric were you alluding to?

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Some good points in there, Warne seemed unhappy with one or two things and pleased with others.
Injury updates said Bird back in training with the team from next Monday, TJJ has had a scan and likely to miss 4 weeks, Hourihane should only be a couple of weeks, said Thompson progressing well but don’t think he gave a timeframe and no mention of Ward. 
Mentioned the signing of Nyambe, said he can cover across the back 4 and is an athletic and aggressive defender (which I like the sound of). Again, hopefully some positives to build on 🤞