Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

what are you on about? injuries are just a part of football, the manager isn't responsible either way

again, iv'e already explained the results were not very good, especially 2nd half of last season, you don't seem to be able to see that.

Re. Cashin, don't know what your trying to say, i said he had a good season.

Your saying anything bad is down to warne and anything good is not him? Well what are those good things? And don't just say Cashin & Didzy again as i've already explained thats not warne.

You said name any other player that had played decent under warne apart from didzy ,,,,, remember 🤔

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Away results 😂😂😂😂😂😂,

you do realise that just because you believe something and tell people you’ve explained it doesn’t mean people go ohhhhhh he must be right , better move on , you’ve explained your opinion nothing else and to be honest your opinions are not aging well 😂😂😂

its a fact, look at the away results from february onwards. They are down on paper, thats not my opinion🤣

how can you say that PW is responsible for Didzy doing so well last season? You can't rule out the fact that it could quite easily be because of the league he was in. Therefore your the one just giving opinions!

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

200.gif

I would be asking for a bit more sense in your position but hey 🤷🏻‍♂️
don’t tell me ,,,,,,,, you’ve already explained all we need to know😂

Edited by Archied

Has he improved (or maybe adapted), his managing style?

We seem to look much better with 4 at the back, like we did last season too. Any time we have reverted to a 5 seems to result in stagnant performances so hopefully he is growing as a coach.

Players like Waghorn were not wanted by Warne either, yet he’s been one of our most effective players and Warne admitted to being surprised by how he was won over. I think Warne hindered himself through tunnel vision on a certain style and certain type of player he wanted to fit into that style.

There are early signs of a manager who is developing himself in philosophy and approach (which is an unusual thing to say about someone managing for their 7th season).

Edited by Kernow

Paul Warne has given us what would have been the club's best ever start to a season away from home, were it not for the three proven wrongful refereeing decisions at Bolton that were given against us. But for those mistakes, we would now have a 100% away record from the first five games, surpassing the previous best of four.

I consider his overall away record in the past year as a major improvement on what we suffered before but I fully understand that many will disagree 😂.

He now has to turn around the diametrically opposite sequence of home performances over the last 11 League games at Pride Park. That should be possible with the same squad of players that are doing so well away. For that reason, I hope we can just cut him some slack over the next month or so, suspend these ridiculous polls that spring up every game and then consider what the rest of this season might bring. If we can restore Pride Park to its previous fortress status then a return to the Championship sooner rather than later may be very much on the cards. Then we'll all be saying, I hope, that actually he's improved quite a lot; but then again, maybe not.

On 04/10/2023 at 13:35, Guest said:

Paul Warne has given us what would have been the club's best ever start to a season away from home, were it not for the three proven wrongful refereeing decisions at Bolton that were given against us. But for those mistakes, we would now have a 100% away record from the first five games, surpassing the previous best of four.

I consider his overall away record in the past year as a major improvement on what we suffered before but I fully understand that many will disagree 😂.

He now has to turn around the diametrically opposite sequence of home performances over the last 11 League games at Pride Park. That should be possible with the same squad of players that are doing so well away. For that reason, I hope we can just cut him some slack over the next month or so, suspend these ridiculous polls that spring up every game and then consider what the rest of this season might bring. If we can restore Pride Park to its previous fortress status then a return to the Championship sooner rather than later may be very much on the cards. Then we'll all be saying, I hope, that actually he's improved quite a lot; but then again, maybe not.

I'm not so sure we'd have beaten Bolton, even without the mistakes made by the ref. We'd gone ahead against the run if play, before the red card on 43 mins.

Allowing for the 2 minutes at the end of the half with 10 men, we had 31% possession that half. We made 58 successful passes in those 45 minutes. We had 4 shots to their 10.

People are hanging their coats on that awful refereeing performance, but before that red card we were still absolutely dire. 58 passes in 45 minutes has to be close to a club record of awfulness, surely. Bolton managed 187 in the same period.

We were absolutely dreadful.

30 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm not so sure we'd have beaten Bolton, even without the mistakes made by the ref. We'd gone ahead against the run if play, before the red card on 43 mins.

Allowing for the 2 minutes at the end of the half with 10 men, we had 31% possession that half. We made 58 successful passes in those 45 minutes. We had 4 shots to their 10.

People are hanging their coats on that awful refereeing performance, but before that red card we were still absolutely dire. 58 passes in 45 minutes has to be close to a club record of awfulness, surely. Bolton managed 187 in the same period.

We were absolutely dreadful.

On that performance basis, we were punching above our weight in achieving a 1 goal defeat.....

• 6 months later...