Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

11 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

What is the point of giving a manager and his team a 4 year contract and then sacking him after just one year and paying out all that compensation? 
when will people get it in their heads that he WILL be given more time. 
we all know that this constant moaning will disappear when results improve which they will as the squad injuries clear up. 
constantly sacking managers from Nigel Clough onwards has been the problem not the solution 

Don't worry. They won't fire him. Clowes must have known Warne's style of play when they headhunted him. 

This is the way Clowes wants us to play. 

47 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't worry. They won't fire him. Clowes must have known Warne's style of play when they headhunted him. 

This is the way Clowes wants us to play. 

That is one of the particular things I wonder about. The statement from Pearce after Warne's appointment said Warnes was 'adaptable and happy with the squad'. Well if they wanted him to be adaptable it must have been for a reason. I only hope it was to do with style of play. We've heard Warne talk the talk but mostly he doesn't walk it, could be his downfall?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

That is one of the particular things I wonder about. The statement from Pearce after Warne's appointment said Warnes was 'adaptable and happy with the squad'. Well if they wanted him to be adaptable it must have been for a reason. I only hope it was to do with style of play. We've heard Warne talk the talk but mostly he doesn't walk it, could be his downfall?

Well let’s hope he proves you wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Let's hope so.  Had a year though now with few signs of improvement.  Time running out for many.

That’s fair but how many !

Is this forum a true representation of fans views or is it just the outspoken ones 

I speak to people who think it’s ridiculous the amount of criticism he’s getting 

On 25/09/2023 at 22:58, AndyinLiverpool said:

Just like Rosenior got?

In hindsight, I would probably say that Liam should have been given a go. However, Mr Clowes had invested a lot of money to rescue DCFC, and decided Warne was more suitable. My view is to support Mr Clowes and trust his decisions, for now at least. 

On 26/09/2023 at 02:44, Chris_Martin said:

whats he done in his year in charge already that makes you think he's earned another year ?

I actually don't have any fixed ideas on time limits. Just wait until the end of the season and see where we are, is my thinking. Also need to consider that the club perhaps isn't in a financial position to pay off yet another manager and all his backroom his staff. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

I actually don't have any fixed ideas on time limits. Just wait until the end of the season and see where we are, is my thinking. Also need to consider that the club perhaps isn't in a financial position to pay off yet another manager and all his backroom his staff. 

Bit like under Wazza in his first season, not great to be in the job because your employer can’t afford to give you your P45. To be fair performances aren’t quite as bad as they were under Wayne during the second half of that season 🤔

Bigger picture.

Derby County F.C has been a very poorly run club for the last 20 years and fans have to accept that it WILL take time to get back to glory days, (albeit I am of the opinion that our great clubs glory days at best would be a club challenging at the top end of the Championship).

It actually saddens me when I hear fans being hyper critical of Warne, some almost suggesting his time is running out. I cannot accept that is anything other than a small percentage who think this.

Constructive criticism is great and wow, there is SO much to be critical about with the current side and the manner in which we (try to) play.

Warne has to be given time, and I am talking another 2 seasons. We are under new ownership and we need stable management. As a shrewd business decision, Clowes wouldn't (and couldn't financially) sack Warne unless results take a huge downturn. We are playing like a bottom 5 club, but we are somewhat fortuitously managing not to lose. 

I cannot actually believe that I am speaking up for Warne, as the football being offered is simply dreadful. Lethargic, defensive, predictable. So, I forsee a season where we are challenging for a top 6 spot, but for that to happen, the football has to improve.

I will be right behind Warne and I firmly believe that if we as a fanbase were all right behind him, it would make his job easier. We can play a part in changing the fortunes of our club.

11 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Bigger picture.

Derby County F.C has been a very poorly run club for the last 20 years and fans have to accept that it WILL take time to get back to glory days, (albeit I am of the opinion that our great clubs glory days at best would be a club challenging at the top end of the Championship).

It actually saddens me when I hear fans being hyper critical of Warne, some almost suggesting his time is running out. I cannot accept that is anything other than a small percentage who think this.

Constructive criticism is great and wow, there is SO much to be critical about with the current side and the manner in which we (try to) play.

Warne has to be given time, and I am talking another 2 seasons. We are under new ownership and we need stable management. As a shrewd business decision, Clowes wouldn't (and couldn't financially) sack Warne unless results take a huge downturn. We are playing like a bottom 5 club, but we are somewhat fortuitously managing not to lose. 

I cannot actually believe that I am speaking up for Warne, as the football being offered is simply dreadful. Lethargic, defensive, predictable. So, I forsee a season where we are challenging for a top 6 spot, but for that to happen, the football has to improve.

I will be right behind Warne and I firmly believe that if we as a fanbase were all right behind him, it would make his job easier. We can play a part in changing the fortunes of our club.

It's ok to want a different manager (I'm in the he's on borrowed time camp) but also to fully support the team at games.

Those positions aren't mutually exclusive.

19 minutes ago, sage said:

It's ok to want a different manager (I'm in the he's on borrowed time camp) but also to fully support the team at games.

It's strange people can't see this. 

The 'Warne out' people think that getting rid of Warne will lead to more success for the club in the medium to long term than the alternative.

The 'Warne in' people think that sticking with Warne will lead to more success for the club in the medium to long term than the alternative. 

I imagine if both sets of people were suddenly granted the ability to see into the future - could see where we would be under Warne in another year or two, say - then they'd probably agree about the right course of action now.

We disagree over Warne because we disagree over whether he will be good or bad for the club going forward. We don't disagree on what we want: success, a thriving club, a return to better times. 

We all support the club, we all want the club to win. 

Edited by vonwright

3 hours ago, vonwright said:

It's strange people can't see this. 

The 'Warne out' people think that getting rid of Warne will lead to more success for the club in the medium to long term than the alternative.

The 'Warne in' people think that sticking with Warne will lead to more success for the club in the medium to long term than the alternative. 

I imagine if both sets of people were suddenly granted the ability to see into the future - could see where we would be under Warne in another year or two, say - then they'd probably agree about the right course of action now.

We disagree over Warne because we disagree over whether he will be good or bad for the club going forward. We don't disagree on what we want: success, a thriving club, a return to better times. 

We all support the club, we all want the club to win. 

Sage summed it up without the additional word spaghetti, last sentence excepted.

7 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

Bigger picture.

My thoughts are, he is here, it’s what we have got. Two seasons ago, I’d have taken anything to keep my club and because of that although I’m not all that pleased with the football on show at least we have got some football on show. 
I just hope we can slowly build up into a good team again but accept patience is needed to come back from the brink.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit like under Wazza in his first season, not great to be in the job because your employer can’t afford to give you your P45. To be fair performances aren’t quite as bad as they were under Wayne during the second half of that season 🤔

That’s an excellent point.  There are several posts on several threads about the current football being the worst they’ve ever seen.  Those posters either have very short memories or only started watching us in the last year or so because that season was dreadful.  It was almost as if we’d decided to just play how the opposition played and beat them at their own game, be that formation or style of play.  The only blessing was that due to COVID we weren’t allowed into grounds to watch it!!

Warne is the manager chosen by our literal savior to lead us during the first steps of rebuilding after disaster and near collapse.  He will not be fired any time soon, that much needs accepting.  Logically then, it makes no sense to moan about anything to do with the club presently, the best we can do as fans is give our unconditional support to the owner, the players and the management team, however bitter that last bit may be to swallow.  Less demands and entitlement, more humility and gratitude.

38 minutes ago, ramit said:

Warne is the manager chosen by our literal savior to lead us during the first steps of rebuilding after disaster and near collapse.  He will not be fired any time soon, that much needs accepting.  Logically then, it makes no sense to moan about anything to do with the club presently, the best we can do as fans is give our unconditional support to the owner, the players and the management team, however bitter that last bit may be to swallow.  Less demands and entitlement, more humility and gratitude.

We have what we have so don't complain?

Anything else? Know our place? Tug our forelocks?

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

That’s an excellent point.  There are several posts on several threads about the current football being the worst they’ve ever seen.  Those posters either have very short memories or only started watching us in the last year or so because that season was dreadful.  It was almost as if we’d decided to just play how the opposition played and beat them at their own game, be that formation or style of play.  The only blessing was that due to COVID we weren’t allowed into grounds to watch it!!

That's exactly what we tried to do, think Rooney even said so himself. I suppose it's better than having no specific tactical plan on how to combat / nullify the opposition at all though which is what we've sometimes seen under Warne - do you ever get the impression we've really gone into any games with a full understanding of the opposition's style of play and main threats and a clear idea if how to stop them getting the ball in dangerous areas? It's all just reacting in the moment 

A big difference also is that as crap as we were at the end there, we were still at least playing against Championship opposition.

Edited by Kokosnuss

11 hours ago, sage said:

I don't doubt it, but the voices of discontent at games are growing and this can only have a detrimental effect on the team.

Our fans expectations are not in keeping with the current set up at the club.

We are nothing more than a fairly average Division One side and we don't have the financial resources to improve on that anytime soon.

I find it more likely that Warne will leave of his own volition when he discovers we don't really have a pot to piss in financially and his job will be as it has been thus far, to compete with the clubs in and around us over bang average players on free transfers.

Out of interest, what are your realistic expectations for DCFC this season and what would represent a disappointing season?