Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If signed on a 3 year deal for £300k, £100k would be amortised per year. However, if we paid a £300k loan fee and signed him in the summer, we would take the full £300k hit this season, allowing us to spend more in future seasons.

Saved me the bother, though turns out that wasn't the reason anyway 😂

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Some of the posts from the weekend are hilarious. This one a particular highlight. 

Think someone's hacked into his account- he's predicted 4-1 win for us tomorrow night   😄

Well that puts to bed any rumours we get in the next 9 days about permanent signings... We can only have 5 loanees in the matchday squad, TJJ and CBT are two down, I think we'll probably end up with Smith and a CM (Embleton replacement) as well, so it leaves one more space for a "surprise" if we need it.

I wonder if this deal structure also helps us out in the sense that, by signing him permanently in the summer and out of any EFL restrictions/business plans, we can then give him a longer contract and protect his value a little more.

Just now, Boycie said:

I wonder if Charlton are liable to pay a sell on fee if they off load him before his contract expires.

He joined them on a 6 month contract initially after a trial, so wouldn’t think so. 

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I want to be excited but having read this thread the last hour I will be going to bed worrying that the EFL still have it in for us, Pearce is playing amortisation tricks again, we have a transfer signing pot with nothing in it, and Dom Dietrich is sleeping rough tonight. This forum is exhausting at times.

You're worrying unnecessarily... it's Leigh Curtis that's sleeping rough

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Well that puts to bed any rumours we get in the next 9 days about permanent signings... We can only have 5 loanees in the matchday squad, TJJ and CBT are two down, I think we'll probably end up with Smith and a CM (Embleton replacement) as well, so it leaves one more space for a "surprise" if we need it.

I wonder if this deal structure also helps us out in the sense that, by signing him permanently in the summer and out of any EFL restrictions/business plans, we can then give him a longer contract and protect his value a little more.

Someone is optimistic 👍😎

Tee strange way it's been done may also have something to do with the 3 year deal?

Entirely conjecture, but if CBT wanted 3 years, his agent was all "grass isnt always greener" and starting to flog his wares to other clubs and if we are still, until the summer, restricted to 2 year deals this could be a way around that?

Either way so pleased it's done, and hopefully relieve some pressure on Nate. Anything to mitigate the risk of burnout in the squad is great news.