Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I dunno Ithink the site could be quite creditable based on a pre existing rumour that Charlton want 500k and it would be the most Derby thing ever to then offer 600k. 

Seriously though, if (and it's a giant, kipling sized if) we are in negotiations for him I'd imagine we'd stay below 500k and hope to hit that asking price with incentives, namely through promotion.

We’re no longer owned by Mel. 

It's probably a case of Charlton want 500k, but we can't pay or justify that amount in this year's figures. So, we offer about 300k this year plus another 300k after June providing we get promotion, which will come out of next season's higher revenue. 

Basically, we could be tempting Charlton with a possible higher figure than they're asking for, on the gamble that we get promotion. 

It'll help if they let us beat them in the two games that we've got with them.😉 Can you imagine the fuss if that was to happen though?

46 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I dunno Ithink the site could be quite creditable based on a pre existing rumour that Charlton want 500k and it would be the most Derby thing ever to then offer 600k. 

Seriously though, if (and it's a giant, kipling sized if) we are in negotiations for him I'd imagine we'd stay below 500k and hope to hit that asking price with incentives, namely through promotion.

You’ve explained the exact reason the account exists. Knows the pre-existing rumours, adds a light sprinkling of b******* on the top and sends it out. Then you think it’s credible. And because we will never know the fee the if and when it happens, they look like geniuses. 

Popular player L1 clubs are looking to sign? Add Derby County to the list to drive more engagement and clicks.

No chance we spend more than probably 350k on a single player IMO.

Edited by tomsdubs

25 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Popular player L1 clubs are looking to sign? Add Derby County to the list to drive more engagement and clicks.

No chance we spend more than probably 350k on a single player IMO.

I think you’re right but add ons related to promotion will be in the mix. That said we are all speculating, it’s pure guess work and that includes the journalists. 

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Are we actually skint or we just being mindful of how we spend after the MM fiasco?

There's surely a difference, just struggle to see where the Knight money went (?)

Knight money went in to the running of the club. Its quite lame and boring and doesn't bode well for an exciting future but that's where we are at.

Believe if we offloaded this month a proportion would be put in the kitty but we don't appear to want to sell this month.  

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Are we actually skint or we just being mindful of how we spend after the MM fiasco?

There's surely a difference, just struggle to see where the Knight money went (?)

We still have a set budget which we are sticking to. It also costs a lot to run a club our size. The Knight money will have gone towards reducing our losses.
Roughly speaking, minimum costs (excluding players) won't be far off:
Rates, utilities, insurance, police, etc.. - £5m
Non-playing staff - £4m
Stadium and training ground upkeep - £1.5m

With wages (plus tax and NI) around the £12m mark, those are total costs of £22.5m
I estimated our revenue for this season to be roughly £20m, plus the cash from Bielik and Knight means we'll be very close to breaking even, before we've spent anything on transfer fees.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We still have a set budget which we are sticking to. It also costs a lot to run a club our size. The Knight money will have gone towards reducing our losses.
Roughly speaking, minimum costs (excluding players) won't be far off:
Rates, utilities, insurance, police, etc.. - £5m
Non-playing staff - £4m
Stadium and training ground upkeep - £1.5m

With wages (plus tax and NI) around the £12m mark, those are total costs of £22.5m
I estimated our revenue for this season to be roughly £20m, plus the cash from Bielik and Knight means we'll be very close to breaking even, before we've spent anything on transfer fees.

Don’t think you’re far off with those numbers.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Knight money went in to the running of the club. Its quite lame and boring and doesn't bode well for an exciting future but that's where we are at.

Believe if we offloaded this month a proportion would be put in the kitty but we don't appear to want to sell this month.  

I thought the Knight money went on paying the Jozwiak balance.

We settled the dispute with Poznan in August, around the time of Knights transfer.

37 minutes ago, U.M. said:

We settled the dispute with Poznan in August, around the time of Knights transfer.

Great shout. Either way we've missed out on key funds in the summer. Hopefully there's no more skeletons in the closet. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Great shout. Either way we've missed out on key funds in the summer. Hopefully there's no more skeletons in the closet. 

1 hour ago, U.M. said:

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65039,30045467,swiat-zachwyca-sie-gestem-lecha-uratowali-moj-klub.html

They waived the majority of the fee still owing. And it appears Arsenal came to a similar deal regarding Bielek.