Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Well?

60 mins Wigan, 45 mins Burton, 60 mins Peterborough. 

OK vs Fleetwood. 

Poor vs Oxford, poor today. Teams play poorly though, would have happily snatched a draw today and been content with the days work with a two week break now up. Not to be. 

I always thought rose tinted specs was just an expression but clearly you’ve got connections at specsavers.

Can you get me a pair? f*** it, if we’re going to keep playing football this way get me two and I’ll PayPal you the money over. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But we didn’t deserve anything out of today did we 🤔

We didn't deserve anything at Wembley in 2007 but didn't ruin our day and turn us all into misery guts did it?

There's games in a season when you're crap and deserve nothing, part and parcel of it. The bigger issue here is the lack of improvement since the start of the season but it's still early days, I'm not at panic stations yet. 

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Apart from the ref not having a good game in the first half.

I thought he kept the scrappy game going in the first half compared to the usual dross we get, then his second half performance brought him right back to level terms with the usual EFL dross we keep getting.

For me, and my glass is always half full, watched it on tv, and believe me we could not pass or hold the ball up, our tactics today was hit and hope load the box and hope something drops, needs to start playing through midfield more, and at least mix it up, even I have to admit that was poor today, if you was a neutral, you would have turned that game off. 

NML is a good player when played out wide unfortunately when his role requires him into a “wingback” position he works hard at his defending and then doesn’t have the legs for his attacking role.

I think I would rather see NML left  in an attacking role, he isn’t a natural defender and we lose his attacking threat when we use him as a defender. 

Using NML as a wingback we have an adequate defender and a tired attacker. 

A few enormous, glaring tactical errors in the first half. Fornah looked lost at times trying to play as the 10 (but had a really encouraging 2nd half playing deeper), sitting so deep after we scored was absolutely criminal. Very clear Thommo was the link between midfield and attack and we really missed him today, hopefully Embelton can fill that role.

Looked better with 10 men, although the chasm between the midfield and attack was still enormous. TJJ and Fornah looked like good players, and Vickers was solid. Bizarrely, that was still one of Bradley's best performances for us. Other than the f*** up, he defended strongly and caused errors in their box instead of ours for a change.

All in all, we'd probably have taken 3 points from the last two games, and we've lost to a deflection. The performance was poor, at times inexcusable, but at least we've got some time to bed the players in and get the injuries healed.

I have mixed emotions on the season so far, one being we are ebbing and flowing like 95% of teams do for the first 10 games of a season do, but the counter side is the total dross that emanates from our managers mouth. 
Surely he doesn’t believe in what’s happening and I would prefer him to not to show his ineptitude by saying what he does.

If however he genuinely believes in what he’s doing I do have definite concerns on our likelihood of leaving this league anytime soon.

During the Radio Derby interview Warne must have said that Bolton are a "possession based side" three times. Said like that it sounds as though we're set up to not be, which is mad. Why wouldn't you want to keep the ball? I know he probably meant that they pass the ball a lot, but that's what we should be doing as well.

3 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

I always thought rose tinted specs was just an expression but clearly you’ve got connections at specsavers.

Can you get me a pair? f*** it, if we’re going to keep playing football this way get me two and I’ll PayPal you the money over. 

I know right, outrageously rosey. 165 minutes of decent performance out of a total of 450 available. Unbelievably positive! 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

We had 45 mins with 10 Men you expect 60% to us? The football isn’t the best but fed up of people expecting us to win every game how many big clubs been stuck in league 1!? People need to get a grip 

Nobody expects us to win every game. 

Just tired of watching our opponents play really decent football with a coherent plan whilst we do pass pass hoof to the channel until something drops our way or we earn a set piece. 

Not sure I can get get through a season of this ,,,,,, Warne s football ? Erm no ,these bloody match day threads 

reading how it’s beyond belief Bolton are so much better than us ,, really ? Really ? They fiddle arsed around ,created hardly anything and only scored with the help of a gift wrapped homer ref giving a disputed penalty and a flukey deflection and that’s against a ten man derby who had at least two real pens not given , one of which could have seen they’re player sent off and countless odd decisions, won’t be rushing to swap my season ticket for one at Bolton so I can watch that superior football 😂😂😂,

we wernt great and we lost 2/1 away at a promotion rival , it’s a long season in div 3 and it’s going to be even longer given that there’s some spewing so much bile to our manager win or lose