Not a top 3 team.

Charliegeorge1962

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I concur. Yes Warne is partly responsible for the poor performances but the recruitment team is to blame for the squad being in it's current state. Warne has said many times he wants to sign players in the younger 23-28 age bracket, he wants more pace, he wants more creativity, basically all the things we've been saying. These comments don't match up with our business so far. Add to that the comments about it not being a top 3 team and it's clear to me that Warne is as frustrated as us with the transfer window and hasn't got what he wanted.

I disagree with your first part entirely, but anyhoo why hasn't he got what he wanted?

He's had all summer to search and research for players. He's said he wants certain types of players, which he's now changed slightly to stress the pace angle. Why hasn't he gotten what he wanted? My opinion will be totally different to yours I think. We're a big club with a good transfer/wages budget, even the ability to spend on transfer fees (Warne said so too), so why haven't we got what Warne NOW says he wanted?

Could using the academy players not shore up the squad more? Brown, Robinson, Bardell- why can’t they be trusted? 
I’m pro-Warne but that is one thing I miss about Rooney/Rosenior (and to some extent Lampard). They were willing to give some of our own a chance. 

Knight, Bird, Cashin possibly our three best players (obv Mcgoldrick) over the last 12 months. Has the club not learned that trusting youth can work?

Were not asking them to come in and score week after week in the prem like other cat 1 academies 

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I concur. Yes Warne is partly responsible for the poor performances but the recruitment team is to blame for the squad being in it's current state.

Warne has said many times he wants to sign players in the younger 23-28 age bracket, he wants more pace, he wants more creativity, basically all the things we've been saying. These comments don't match up with our business so far. Add to that the comments about it not being a top 3 team and it's clear to me that Warne is as frustrated as us with the transfer window and hasn't got what he wanted.

who else is to blame then ?

Warne has signed a lot of players he wanted and the squad as it is now is definetly strong enough to make play offs minimum. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I disagree with your first part entirely, but anyhoo why hasn't he got what he wanted?

He's had all summer to search and research for players. He's said he wants certain types of players, which he's now changed slightly to stress the pace angle. Why hasn't he gotten what he wanted? My opinion will be totally different to yours I think. We're a big club with a good transfer/wages budget, even the ability to spend on transfer fees (Warne said so too), so why haven't we got what Warne NOW says he wanted?

I have no idea why. It's puzzling given the size of club you would expect it would be easy to sign players. I seem to remember earlier in the summer Warne said it's dead easy to sign players for Derby county, he could sign loads of players but they might not be the right ones. So maybe Warne is being very picky. Could be a good thing could be a bad thing.

Warne probably gives the recruitment team a profile of the type of player he wants. It's their job to then go and find the player that matches with the club's ethos, budget etc. They present Warne with the player, he then meets with the player and makes the final say. So really there's only one explanation, the recruitment team haven't been able to find the right players.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

who else is to blame then ?

Warne has signed a lot of players he wanted and the squad as it is now is definetly strong enough to make play offs minimum. 

The players themselves of course. Some really stupid errors in those first couple of games and embarrassing defending.

Yes Warne has signed players he wanted but it's clear that he wanted a lot more. Hopefully we can do something in the next couple of weeks.

Warne comes across as an average manager. He is a manager that meets expectations rather than exceeds them.

I’m pretty sure any manager in League One could have had Derby finishing in the top 8 last season.

If he says we don’t have a top 3 squad, then we won’t finish top 3.

Good managers exceed expectations. Warne got promoted with Rotherham because he inherited a squad good enough to be promoted. He got relegated every season because he couldn’t get that extra out of them.

Rosenior had the same players playing better football and picking up more PPG. We downgraded with Warne.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The answer to all of this, is because Warne doesn't control transfers...

As head coach, his primary role isn't to seek out transfer targets, that's what a recruitment team and scouts are for. He may well have specified exactly what and who he wants and the recruitment team have completely failed to deliver. There is an element of the unknown at play here. Warne teams NEED pace and legs, I highly doubt this has become a recent requirement from the players he wants.

You could well here be unfairly laying all of the failings of the recruitment team at Warne's door?

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warne comes across as an average manager. He is a manager that meets expectations rather than exceeds them.

I’m pretty sure any manager in League One could have had Derby finishing in the top 8 last season.

If he says we don’t have a top 3 squad, then we won’t finish top 3.

Good managers exceed expectations. Warne got promoted with Rotherham because he inherited a squad good enough to be promoted. He got relegated every season because he couldn’t get that extra out of them.

Rosenior had the same players playing better football and picking up more PPG. We downgraded with Warne.

I want to dislike this but I am gradually realising that I probably agree with it 😞

22 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

...Warne probably gives the recruitment team a profile of the type of player he wants. It's their job to then go and find the player that matches with the club's ethos, budget etc. They present Warne with the player, he then meets with the player and makes the final say. So really there's only one explanation, the recruitment team haven't been able to find the right players.

Lol, or they meet Warne and say no. 😄

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Here yer go...

This link is neither broken, or infested with screen-gobbling adverts... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66568676

This bit?

"Warne made it clear before the injuries that his squad needed to be strengthened, and said the club were giving him "full support" and were "close on a couple".

"Hopefully we'll have that midfielder in soon, [and] try and get another one," he said.

"We need another right wing-back, which is disappointing, so we're trying to get that and we still need something else up top."

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was merely offering a link to the article that wasn't broken (unlike the OP's link), or directed to the notoriously annoying Derbyshire Live site, as per your link.

Tis all.   🍻  👍

Ta. I always use the browser 'reading' view which automatically cuts out the crap and just loads the text. 👍

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

Even with the departures, this squad on paper should be cable of finishing top 6. If it doesn’t, then what? Can’t get rid of the manager apparently as we can’t afford too. So does that mean another two seasons of this?

If you mean another two seasons of the same posters rehashing the same existing threads on a daily basis then God help me

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ta. I always use the browser 'reading' view which automatically cuts out the crap and just loads the text. 👍

no-time-busy.gif

Seriously, that sounds awfully clever, but way beyond my capabilities.  I'm not even sure I have the faintest clue as to what you are saying, so massiff r'spek, bro.  😁👍