Not a top 3 team.

Charliegeorge1962

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warne got promoted with Rotherham because he inherited a squad good enough to be promoted. 

Seems a stretch. 

He only got them promoted (3 times in 5 years) because of the squad he inherited? What about the 2 other promotions over a four year period? No credit due for bringing the likes of Ogbene, Barlaser, Smith, Ihiekwe, Harding, Ladapo etc to the club in his time? 

I think it's fair to say he has his limitations but promotions aren't a given at any level, certainly not with Rotherham United in a league generally full of 'sleeping giants'. I get that he may not be everybody's cup of tea or even the right man to take us up but at least consider the whole picture, there's certainly more to PW than just luckily inheriting a squad during his time up at Rov'rum. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warne comes across as an average manager. He is a manager that meets expectations rather than exceeds them.

I’m pretty sure any manager in League One could have had Derby finishing in the top 8 last season.

If he says we don’t have a top 3 squad, then we won’t finish top 3.

Good managers exceed expectations. Warne got promoted with Rotherham because he inherited a squad good enough to be promoted. He got relegated every season because he couldn’t get that extra out of them.

Rosenior had the same players playing better football and picking up more PPG. We downgraded with Warne.

This cones across as extremely churlish and mean spirited.

At least give the guy an ounce of credit for 3 promotions. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

We ended last season badly. Pre-season made us think he had got going again. Now some fans aren't sure, many weren't anyway.

He's already had his credit for his previous Club, this is like the 'be thankful we have a Club still' meme, when does it run out?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warne got promoted with Rotherham because he inherited a squad good enough to be promoted.

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Seems a stretch. 

He only got them promoted (3 times in 5 years) because of the squad he inherited? What about the 2 other promotions over a four year period? No credit due for bringing the likes of Ogbene, Barlaser, Smith, Ihiekwe, Harding, Ladapo etc to the club in his time? 

I think it's fair to say he has his limitations but promotions aren't a given at any level, certainly not with Rotherham United in a league generally full of 'sleeping giants'. I get that he may not be everybody's cup of tea or even the right man to take us up but at least consider the whole picture, there's certainly more to PW than just luckily inheriting a squad during his time up at Rov'rum. 

And in his first promotion season 27 players left and 21 joined.

He said the team isn’t Top 3, not the squad.  And he said after being asked about injuries.  If he’d have said something like “of course it’s good enough to be Top 3” he’d still be criticised.

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Seems a stretch. 

He took over a Rotherham side in the Championship. They stayed up the year before in the Championship.

Now, I’m not pinning Rotherham’s first relegation on him. But let’s not pretend he took over a mid table League One side and got them promoted. He took over a side who were seemingly slightly better than League One level.

It’s like Heckingbottom taking over Sheffield United. Credit they got promoted. But their squad was better than 90% of the Championship so it’s not like he has exceeded expectations. 

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

And in his first promotion season 27 players left and 21 joined.

He said the team isn’t Top 3, not the squad.  And he said after being asked about injuries.  If he’d have said something like “of course it’s good enough to be Top 3” he’d still be criticised.

Okay, why say it?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He deserves credit. He matches expectations which isn’t easy to do. But let’s not pretend he took over a mid table League One club and got them promoted. He didn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He deserves credit. He matches expectations which isn’t easy to do. But let’s not pretend he took over a mid table League One club and got them promoted. He didn’t. 

The whole mood on here just smacks of pettiness now.

A poster said he doesn't like Warne because he says the word obviously too many times during interviews, he's been called out for making sarcastic comments, posters have begun to complain that his jokiness during interviews is beginning to grate, he's getting the blame for the crap incoming transfers this summer as it must have been him because they were from Rotherham and so on.

It's just really irrational. But still it persists. 

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Because he’s giving context to the conversation about depth, injuries and needing signings.  Points most people will agree on.  Is it possible to not to look to pick fault in everything that’s said?

For some it’s not possible I’m afraid. It’s become an obsession. An obsession that will not be satisfied until their wishes are granted and Warne is out the door. 

9 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Because he’s giving context to the conversation about depth, injuries and needing signings.  Points most people will agree on.  Is it possible to not to look to pick fault in everything that’s said?

You are the one picking fault here.

I am really interested in why it was necessary after 1 win in 4 games and 3 injuries for Warne to say we aren't a Top 3 team? 

5 minutes ago, Gisby said:

For some it’s not possible I’m afraid. It’s become an obsession. An obsession that will not be satisfied until their wishes are granted and Warne is out the door. 

Oooh how do we obsessional fans make that happen? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are the one picking fault here.

I am really interested in why it was necessary after 1 win in 4 games and 3 injuries for Warne to say we aren't a Top 3 team? 

I really am not picking fault at all.  I’m giving context as to why he said not, criticised at all.  I’ve given my view as to why he said it.

9 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Really don’t understand it.  It’s almost as if because we won and there isn’t a defeat to pick apart instead his post-match interview gets picked apart and psycho-analysed.

Just now, Gisby said:

Oooo Roy did I specifically mention you as one of the obsessed? Not sure I did but if you want to wear that cap it’s all yours 😎

Yes please. I admit that I am obsessed about Derby, not sure about actually wearing a cap though that's a bit Warney isn't it? 😄