So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

I would have loved the Warnock of 10 years ago but not now. I'm also not overly sold on Moore tbh. He's done well wherever he's been but the style for Wednesday wasn't exactly great. I think we need someone who plays good football, on the floor and can commit to a project i.e., a rosenior with perhaps a bit more experience. My feeling is the ability to attract such a manager is going to be difficult. 

Those pushing to get PW and his staff the sack, a question. Can DCFC afford to sack them all and pay off the remaining 3 years of their contracts? Probably not. If we could scrape the money together, that would likely be January's transfer fund up in smoke.

Who would you replace them with? Colin W seems to be getting a fair few votes. He's probably more expensive than Warne. Who would CW bring in as his assistant and coaches. Would we have to compensate their current club?

Pinched from the BBC.

Huddersfield Town boss Neil Warnock is to leave the club after their home game against Stoke City on Wednesday.

Warnock is adamant there's been no fallout with the board, that he's in good health, and that he's definitely not retiring. If anything, his departure, after just six Championship games, seems to have further stirred the fire in his belly that he'll be back in football before too long.

………………………………..discuss😃

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Those pushing to get PW and his staff the sack, a question. Can DCFC afford to sack them all and pay off the remaining 3 years of their contracts? Probably not. If we could scrape the money together, that would likely be January's transfer fund up in smoke.

Who would you replace them with? Colin W seems to be getting a fair few votes. He's probably more expensive than Warne. Who would CW bring in as his assistant and coaches. Would we have to compensate their current club?

Clowes would have to weigh up the immediate cost of sacking Warne and his team vs the potential future financial impact on not winning promotion and the lack in development of our academy players.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure we could pay compensation for a manager currently in a job….and can’t see Colin as a long-term option.

The current 'long-term option' isn't working out.

Lets get promoted and see who fancies us then. Or if Colin fancies another promotion from the Championship, is Bryson still playing? 😄

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure we could pay compensation for a manager currently in a job….and can’t see Colin as a long-term option.

He doesn't have to be a long term option. His track record is there for all to see. He would get us sorted out and promoted and then established in the championship. He would so relish a last hurrah at Derby. He would galvanise the fans with his passion. We must go for this 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I’d have Warnock as boss in a heartbeat ..he knows how to get promoted and knows the championship he’s also take the job that I know from his comments on talksport a while back sees us a tremendous football club with great history and fan base 

He`s Leaving Huddersfield and he said

"I`m expecting a phone call February with an offer of short term contract " ?????

LOL

15 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

I wouldn't want Warnock not exactly going to be a good option to build us long term is he?  Also can't believe people would want him and complain but Warnes football,  he's not exactly Guardiola or De Zerbi. Plays direct and old school. 

Gives Warnock a free hit this season and DC time to plan our long term successor.  Warnock also good at dealing with agricultural squads. 

Don’t mind boring football if we win. Something Warne isn’t doing enough of.

34 minutes ago, enachops said:

Warne isn’t going anywhere soon. He’ll get at least the rest of this season. All this talk of names to replace him is a bit daft in afraid. I’m no fan of Warne or the football, but Clowes won’t act unless we’re bottom half in my opinion.

He was pretty decisive and quick in getting rid of Liam, be interesting to see if he is more patient with Warne. He won’t be in any rush to pay up his contract but at the same time he is a fan who won’t be liking the football we have been playing or lack of it 🤔

Warnock is the great pragmatist - much as his Colin antics infused me with a deep set mild irritation towards him, he can arrange the players he has and motivate them into something of a team regardless of the situation.

He's the "decent chip shop" of football managers - you wouldn't want to eat it all the time, you know theres more intereststing options out there, you know his sort are a declining relic of times gone by, but, there's situations where it's just the thing you need. Oh go on then, I'll have a pineapple fritter as well.