We are a fickle bunch

davenportram

Last season we came close

Close to playoffs

Close to top 2? Questionably. Had we been able to hold onto leads we would have gone up.

Warne sacked? After two games this season. Get real guys some of these threads just show the entitlement culture of current UK society. It’s going to be a hard slog to get promoted following administration. No matter what division you’ve just come down from.

defensively we’ve always been frail. I can’t remember many seasons where I was confident we’d not concede when noses in front. Even in promotion seasons. 

I know we need goals, but we also need to stop gifting chances to the opposition. 

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

Last season we came close

Close to playoffs

Close to top 2? Questionably. Had we been able to hold onto leads we would have gone up.

Warne sacked? After two games this season. Get real guys some of these threads just show the entitlement culture of current UK society. It’s going to be a hard slog to get promoted following administration. No matter what division you’ve just come down from.

defensively we’ve always been frail. I can’t remember many seasons where I was confident we’d not concede when noses in front. Even in promotion seasons. 

I know we need goals, but we also need to stop gifting chances to the opposition. 

How many people have called for him to be sacked? 3? 4?

Plenty more are concerned by what they seen and heard, but have been told we aren't allowed to point out any issues.  

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Plenty more are concerned by what they seen and heard, but have been told we aren't allowed to point out any issues.  

Not like you to do as you’re told. 
If there’s issues then they need to be voiced - 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It was obvious from the matchday thread last night that there were posters on here whom would take great delight for us as a club to lose the next x amount of games to:-

(a) justify their own personal predujices against Warne and

(b) make him more likely to be removed from his job, see previous point above. 

Could never get my head around why a so called supporter would want their team to lose a game. Weird. 

Just now, davenportram said:

Not like you to do as you’re told. 
If there’s issues then they need to be voiced - 

Oh I didn't say it had any effect on me 😀

I would add that not everything has to polarised opposites. You can criticise Warne without calling for him to be sacked. You can question our budgets without wanting to spunk £6m on Bradley Johnson. You can suggest we have bought very slow. CB without personally trying to melt him down for glue. Most people are putting together constructive criticisms and are being met with scorn and personal attacks.

The main issue is we have a manager who wants to play a high tempo pressing game and we have bought slow, ageing players to add to an already slow ageing squad.

If anyone has a convincing solution to that quandary, which involves a slow back line and a pedestrian CM supporting slow CFs in a successful and cohesive high press, I'll have more faith.

Till then I'll remain a sceptic.   

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It was obvious from the matchday thread last night that there were posters on here whom would take great delight for us as a club to lose the next x amount of games to:-

Could never get my head around why a so called supporter would want their team to lose a game. Weird. 

Name and shame with evidence please.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

1 hour ago, sage said:

Name and shame with evidence please.

Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods

1 hour ago, sage said:

I would add that not everything has to polarised opposites. You can criticise Warne without calling for him to be sacked. You can question our budgets without wanting to spunk £6m on Bradley Johnson. You can suggest we have bought very slow. CB without personally trying to melt him down for glue. Most people are putting together constructive criticisms and are being met with scorn and personal attacks.

The main issue is we have a manager who wants to play a high tempo pressing game and we have bought slow, ageing players to add to an already slow ageing squad.

If anyone has a convincing solution to that quandary, which involves a slow back line and a pedestrian CM supporting slow CFs in a successful and cohesive high press, I'll have more faith.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

I can remember the great bald Eagle having a terrible start to the season, I was at Tranmere away, Stimac debut, he scored we lost 5-1, I think we won 1, drew 1 and lost 3 of our first 5 games that season thats 4 points from 15 , fans screaming for Jimbo to do one, then come May we are promoted, we move to PP, and played some of the best football for years, lets all get behind our club, it's to early to panic, but after what Mel did to us, we must give our club time to recover, and we will. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

9 hours ago, sage said:

What are your constructive criticisms then? What are your solutions to our current position?

18 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

What are your constructive criticisms then? What are your solutions to our current position?

I've laid them out. 

You can't play a high tempo pressing game with slow players in all 3 departments. That's the constructive criticism.

The solution is buy quicker players, though that will be difficult now, which is why I'm so concerned.

Alternatively change how we play only pressing occasionally when an opportunity arises.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

The vocal minority 

They are such a minority they are invisible. I searched the matchday thread and couldn't find any.

If you can find any, please quote them. I've now asked 3 posters this. No response so far.

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The sanctimonious few always use this ( wanting one's own team to lose) as what they see as a "trump card" without any evidence. Whereas  life long supporters know that wanting derby to win always kicks in, even if after a loss, that loss is used to justify one's own opinions. You take it to a whole new level in claiming some want the Rams to lose a whole load of games. I can't imagine going to a game and wanting us to lose - much easier to stay at home if I felt like that.

Do explain re (b) how merely wanting Derby to lose  can magically  make it more likely the manager will be sacked.

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Think this is an odd thread as surely by suffering a lifetime of angst as Derby fans we are as opposite to fickle as it is possible to be? 

Yes, we are clearly self-sadistic! 😉

7 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

I can remember the great bald Eagle having a terrible start to the season, I was at Tranmere away, Stimac debut, he scored we lost 5-1, I think we won 1, drew 1 and lost 3 of our first 5 games that season thats 4 points from 15 , fans screaming for Jimbo to do one, then come May we are promoted, we move to PP, and played some of the best football for years, lets all get behind our club, it's to early to panic, but after what Mel did to us, we must give our club time to recover, and we will. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

I too was at that Tranmere game and remember feeling there was a positive change even though we’d lost 5-1. I was laughed at when I got home and told friends that this central defender was different class after such a heavy defeat!
My younger self wanted Jim Smith out prior to Tranmere - how wrong I was! My older self is prepared to give Paul Warne plenty of time to get things right. 

1 minute ago, Loftyhites said:

I too was at that Tranmere game and remember feeling there was a positive change even though we’d lost 5-1. I was laughed at when I got home and told friends that this central defender was different class after such a heavy defeat!
My younger self wanted Jim Smith out prior to Tranmere - how wrong I was! My older self is prepared to give Paul Warne plenty of time to get things right. 

What Smith did was switch to a back 3 after that game. That's was changed things.

Will Warne change things?