We are a fickle bunch

davenportram

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

For context the reference to the fickle fans which started this thread was to forum members on here specifically around wanting Warne gone after a couple of games:-

Warne sacked? After two games this season. Get real guys some of these threads just show the entitlement culture of current UK society. 

I've never really appreciated whether the forum members on here are a true reflection of Derby fans as a whole in terms of their opinions etc and it's obvs that Warne as a manager is a very divisive topic.

I totally accept your comments regards the club in general and loyal fans, this thread was started specifically though to highlight the disproportionate reaction in my opinion by some posters to losing 2 games of football. 

yes and after extensive research, we found one poster...wooooo

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

the word ‘tacitly’ is doing some pretty heavy lifting in your sentence.  Perhaps you’re inferring more that they are implying.  

PS I’m not saying he should be sacked but I’m not yet convinced he’ll last 4 years. 

Presumably you realise my post was in response to this?

4307C618-AC93-4769-A686-9F51DDF2C608.jpeg

image.thumb.png.cbd3f36a6892956056c187077485e34f.png

Most make no real commitment either way at the moment. After nearly a year of Warne, if you thought it would be acted on what would you say? But it isn't a comment that has any effect so no-one says other than 'I'm not saying...' 😉

Edited by RoyMac5

Every fan base is fickle, but that’s the nature of the sport. I don’t think we’re any different to any other side, ok expectations fluctuate from season to season, but the mindset is usually a collective and anything above is great, anything below is the end of the world. It’s just this season our expectation is very high as we’re clear favourites for the league - it’s not to say we’re going to win it, of course, but objective viewers from the outside looking in said we were the team to beat. Not just us, but it was fairly comprehensive. 

Back to back wins, a few goals and dare I say it: a couple of signings. It will be alright in the world going into September. It’s how quickly it can change. Of course, a couple more losses and it’s truly a crisis and the club needs blowing up. As extreme as that sounds, and is, it’s only 5 days away for us to find out. I guess that feeds into the fickle nature of it all! 

12 hours ago, Mr. P said:

For me the season don’t start really till about mid September. By then the transfer window is shut, new signings are getting up to speed, any less serious injuries from pre season are clearing up. And isn’t October usually where we start to click? 

If we wait till October before we start to click, we will be playing catch up and we would have played nearly a quarter of the season's league games. Plus the first game in October is Blackpool away !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Only @Millenniumram has so far said Warne should be fired, but he has not yet reached voting age of consent. So no, I think we are still at nil, none, zip, zero, nada, zilch.

For what it’s worth, I said he should’ve been sacked at the end of last season. We can’t sack him now we’ve given him the transfer window 

We desperately need a good win to get people on board.

And I’m not talking about a comfortable 4-0 win against some rabble like Carlisle.

A win away at a Barnsley, Posh, Pompey, Bolton, Reading… Someone of that ilk. We need a big psychological boost.

We actually play Posh and Bolton away successively at the end of August. I feel those games will be key going forward.

Edited by Bris Vegas

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

There was plenty giving it about him, i was in “discussion” with plenty

Im not at the age just yet where i sit arguing with myself 😂😂… not far off .. but not just yet 

How many on this forum said they wanted him sacked...come back when you can give examples of 'plenty'

I'll be kind and suggest plenty means 5

I won't hold my breath 

7 hours ago, sage said:

How many on this forum said they wanted him sacked...come back when you can give examples of 'plenty'

I'll be kind and suggest plenty means 5

I won't hold my breath 

Right u do know i have a life out side this forum dont u, so i aint scollong back just cos u cant be arsed

ill give u a clue and make it ill make it easy for u

against burton if we’re 1-0 down by half time pop ur head in the matchday thread for 5 mins u wont struggle to find em

good day sir

Edited by NottsRam77

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Right u do know i have a life out side this forum dont u, so i aint scollong back just cos u cant be arsed

ill give u a clue and make it ill make it easy for u

against burton if we’re 1-0 down by half time pop ur head in the matchday thread for 5 mins u wont struggle to find em

good day sir

So you defend an accusation by saying I haven't got time to prove it but I think it will happen one day.  

The Daily Mail school of football discussion.

I was so fed up, I did scroll through, there was no one, then one poster later did say it. 

38 minutes ago, sage said:

So you defend an accusation by saying I haven't got time to prove it but I think it will happen one day.  

The Daily Mail school of football discussion.

I was so fed up, I did scroll through, there was no one, then one poster later did say it. 

Do you think the poster called WarneOut (deliberately not tagged them) could be another?.

Either that or they're just so tired, they can't spell properly.

21 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Do you think the poster called WarneOut (deliberately not tagged them) could be another?.

Either that or they're just so tired, they can't spell properly.

We do have some cockney fans

Never seen this poster before. Is it Millenniumram in disguise?

Edited by sage

12 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

WarneOut is most likely a pithy comment about the players fitness levels at 60 minutes onwards 😉

Lol. No that would be GasOut! To be honest I've never understood how you can afford to run your best players into the ground so that they can't complete a game and are off the pitch for maybe a quarter of it?!