We are a fickle bunch

davenportram

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

After that superb win against quality local opposition and in keeping with our measured response to all things Derby, it's time to extend Warnes contract!

... Launch the ship, and announce promotion.  🐏

#Fickle my arse!  

I think the problem is now everyone is so quick to label each other for opinions where the game generates such a diverse nature of them. Everything is slightly more rosy after 3 points regardless of the opponent and if your team winning doesn't make you happy then why bother.

If you were concerned after Wigan and Blackpool and didn't exactly get the champagne out after yesterday, describing my personal feelings, I don't believe that makes me a pessimist or mood hoover or whatever. There always has to be one person that starts the 'manager out narrative and the pile on of condemnation could be replaced by a simple I don't agree without making out its some kind of polarising political issue

How do you define fickle?

At Burton, I was standing next to a group of about 12 who saw fit to berate Derby players with the c-word from the kick-off until we went 2-0 up; the manager regularly got an honourable mention. These are people who go to all or nearly all of the away games. They were in ecstasy (or perhaps on it) when they seized the opportunity to join in the lung bursting toxic frenzy to welcome Mason Bennett onto the pitch. I found it embarrassing and I'm far from being a prude.

Some could label them fickle I suppose but they'd just see themselves as fanatical. Not all of them were youngsters by the way.

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

At Burton, I was standing next to a group of about 12 who saw fit to berate Derby players with the c-word from the kick-off until we went 2-0 up; the manager regularly got an honourable mention. These are people who go to all or nearly all of the away games. They were in ecstasy (or perhaps on it) when they seized the opportunity to join in the lung bursting toxic frenzy to welcome Mason Bennett onto the pitch. I found it embarrassing and I'm far from being a prude.

Some could label them fickle I suppose but they'd just see themselves as fanatical. Not all of them were youngsters by the way.

Derby fans?

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Probably the same ones outside the Beech Hotel before the match singing the Billy Sharp songs.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Probably the same ones outside the Beech Hotel before the match singing the Billy Sharp songs.

There were four lads in front of us, came in at 2.59, went downstairs at 3.22, came back in 66th minute, left again about 75th minute. 

31 minutes watching game, missed two out of the three goals. What was the point when real fans can't get tickets for these small grounds?