Is Warne living on borrowed time?

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Any information on what the promises are/ were ?

I would hazard a guess that it’s something along the lines of promises made to those that have already signed that we had other signings lined up & in the pipeline that were going to terrorise the league, score a hatful of goals and take us back to the Championship but since signing on the dotted line said attacking personnel have not materialised. Hence why those already in the building are probs beginning to feel like they have been sold a pup. Just my assumptions though as deffo not ITK. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Without being too specific and singling the player out, it is game time and/or the position they're being played.

Oh ok, sounds like I’m wide of the mark with my presumption!! 😳

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Without being too specific and singling the player out, it is game time and/or the position they're being played.

Thommo, Rooney, Elder, NML, Vickers, Bird, Washington, Fozzy.

Could be any of them really.

It's not good.

Edited by IslandExile
Forgot Fozzy

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry to disagree but I don’t think that the “Sky is the limit”, for DCFC without a Billionaire owner . Mike Ashley spent £100 mill to get Newcastle up and they had 50k crowds , then they struggled for years. The Arabs came in and took them to the top 4 level. Luton won’t last 5 minutes without investment . It could be mid table stability in the Championship for years to come.

Fair point, but, promotion to the Championship with 25k plus gates every week and a clean slate P&S wise, what's to say Clowes hasn't already got a buyer interested, who will only do a deal for a stabilised Championship club.

I personally find some Warnism's a bit irritating - slightly gimmicky, school-teacher trying to be cool, nerdy guy proving he's popular...whatever.

But he seems a decent bloke. Has a good track record. Has been given a long term contract. Seems to have his hands slightly tied in recruitment. 

League games- 1 good win, 1 tight defeat and a poor performance.  To talk of sacking him (especially with where we have been as a club) is just so mentally knee-jerk to my mind. I'd be staggered if DC is considering it.

UNLESS there are some serious rumblings going on we don't know about (but which some people seem determined to see in anything).

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I personally find some Warnism's a bit irritating - slightly gimmicky, school-teacher trying to be cool, nerdy guy proving he's popular...whatever.

But he seems a decent bloke. Has a good track record. Has been given a long term contract. Seems to have his hands slightly tied in recruitment. 

League games- 1 good win, 1 tight defeat and a poor performance.  To talk of sacking him (especially with where we have been as a club) is just so mentally knee-jerk to my mind. I'd be staggered if DC is considering it.

UNLESS there are some serious rumblings going on we don't know about (but which some people seem determined to see in anything).

Are you happy with the football we are playing?

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just spoke to a friend of the girlfriend of one of the players. They tell a story if broken promises and bemusement of those promises not being met. Sounds like the dressing room (or at least some members of it) doesn't trust Warne anymore.

Or it could be an unhappy dressing room (as they should be after the dismal start to the season), one disgruntled player and feelings/emotions getting distorted by Chinese whispers. 🤷🏻

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Or it could be an unhappy dressing room (as they should be after the dismal start to the season), one disgruntled player and feelings/emotions getting distorted by Chinese whispers. 🤷🏻

And that's why Warne says he wants a small squad, it's because he can't handle theses sorts of situations.

I miss Curtis Davies. Not the footballer any more, although he would fit in perfectly, but the leader and the man. If there were dressing room problems he would act as a conduit and would help sort it out. If there was a disconnect between players and manager the same thing would apply. If there weren’t any off field issues he would be on the radio talking directly to the fans, reminding us where we had come from and promising to sort it out. And he would be trusted and believed. 

I don’t know about these rumours but I wonder if they would be surfacing and wonder if the players would look so dispirited at the start of the season if Curtis was still there. 

I am now going to think about his goal against Reading and the Birmingham match to raise morale. 

15 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

What frustrated me most last night, was the number of times Hourihane dropped back to take the ball off one of our 3 CBs, from no more than about 5 yards, only to smack it upfield

for quality players like hourihane the quarterback role is like working part time He looks elegant on the ball in space. He’ll  hit the distant target often enough (but the long pass won’t be controlled or the defender is all over the receiver) or he finds an easy short ball that doesn’t take us forward. He’ll seem to be playing well, looks like he’s controlling the game but it just doesn’t help:  The oppo just sit back and get doubly organised. I’d have Hourihane further up the field 

(Rooney did the same after all his lock down cake before Cocu tried him higher up.)