v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Alright billy u can have the job

The guy has one tactical set up: press the hell out of the opposition, get it out the flanks and whip it in. Except we've got a midfield and a forward line which can't do what he wants. Instead of adapting to the players, he's trying to force them into his 'way' of playing.  He's got all the subtlety of a bulldog and unless he sells off the team as spare parts and rebuilds with a bunch of dynamo cloggers i can't see the experiment working

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Cant win can he

leaves them on and youll moan hes too soft and not prepared to drop certain players no matter how badly theyre playing

take them off and its a s*** signing and waste of money.. even though he was a freebie

Nobody’s saying he shouldn’t take them off. It’s indicative of the mess we’re in, the mess that Warne has overseen.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

See that’s how I know you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Speaking about Jim Smith and Brian Clough as if football hasn’t changed. You need to get to the 21st Century.

For a manager to stay at a club for years, they must show some actual success. All Warne has done so far is fail.

A good manager can get the best out of what he’s got. Warne has had the whole pre season to work with his players, and this is what he delivers.

It’s genuinely scary that there’s still fans as backward thinking as you out there. Hate to break it to you, but Woolworths went bust, Freddos and no longer 5p, and Paul Warne ain’t gonna survive much longer.

“All Warne has done so far is fail”

- you mean at Derby, right? (Given that he was targeted, hired and is presumably being given time on the strength of his record and, apparently, management style)

”For a manager to stay at a club for years, they must show some actual success”

- how soon?

I’m not appearing as Warne’s advocate. The last 145 minutes of football have not been impressive, and a lot of our football last year wasn’t great either. But we do seem to want to hit the ejector seat and/or the panic button in situations where a calmer outlook and (dare I say) a lesser sense of entitlement might be more appropriate.

4 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

I dont understand why for some Paul Warne is immune from any criticism, its bizarre 

Hes not 

but some people here are relentless and almost itching for us to lose to make their point 

its tiresome quite frankly rather they just fd off and watched forest if theyre just going to bitch and moan at every turn 

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Hes not 

but some people here are relentless and almost itching for us to lose to make their point 

its tiresome quite frankly rather they just fd off and watched forest if theyre just going to bitch and moan at every turn 

Or maybe those people have a valid point? Do you consider that? 

Personally this formation looks better suited to the team. 

Swap out who you want. Smith in midfield etc , nelson for Bradley. Mendez for someone? 

Think we would be more solid with four at the back and just two central defenders, still with crossers coming from the wings for the two attackers. Who knows this 352 might click at somepoint

Screenshot_20230808-210113~2.png

Called him a football terrorist last season when we plummeted with relegation form out of the play offs but was willing to give a fresh slate with his own players. 

Dragged off his marquee signing at half term after 135 rocky minutes of football. 

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

See that’s how I know you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Speaking about Jim Smith and Brian Clough as if football hasn’t changed. You need to get to the 21st Century.

For a manager to stay at a club for years, they must show some actual success. All Warne has done so far is fail.

A good manager can get the best out of what he’s got. Warne has had the whole pre season to work with his players, and this is what he delivers.

It’s genuinely scary that there’s still fans as backward thinking as you out there. Hate to break it to you, but Woolworths went bust, Freddos and no longer 5p, and Paul Warne ain’t gonna survive much longer.

Ur a joke pal

i know u have no idea what your talking about 

u cant see that changing manager every season for 10 years has got us exactly where we are today ??

why do u think we got ourselves into a mess? To the brink of extinction

u really that stupid? Good fking grief

If u cant see that then ur an absolute fool

God help this club with morons like that “supporting” it 

Edited by NottsRam77