Michael Smith

DCFC1388

22 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I just don't think we are serious enough about getting out of this division.

The club need to make a statement to the fans and buy this geezer instead of buggering about trying to get him on loan

How much do they want for him? Is that amount within our budget?

It’s all very well saying go out and buy him but if they want say £5m for him then that is probably well beyond our means.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It made no sense to me, so why on earth waste time on targets never likely to come to fruition.

17 goals for a team promoted and we go and ask to take him on loan, absolite amateurs 

Do you ever have anything positive to say. 

You’re getting very boring. 

19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Andyou miss the point of what we have been through in the past three years. It's not just about writing cheques and fans who think that they are being sold short by owners who don't go down that path really need to give their head a wobble.

I'm sure we can find a couple of million from somewhere.  If that's what it takes to boost our promotion challenge, so be it.

I am not condoning, signings left right and centre, but a striker that we desperately need is a must

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It made no sense to me, so why on earth waste time on targets never likely to come to fruition.

17 goals for a team promoted and we go and ask to take him on loan, absolite amateurs 

I buy a lottery ticket every week and it's never likely to come to fruition. You don't ask, you don't get.

17 goals in a lower league with a different manager, who's to say that his new manager rates him, he's not starting him and he's looking at other forwards. We can't afford to buy but maybe we've offered an attractive loan proposition with a big bonus on possible promotion. Also, Sheff Wed will need him back next season for lg1.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Take the advice - anybody that just sees negative in everything really needs to consider whether following that subject is worth it.

I don't think I've ever seen you say anything complimentary about DCFC. 

Well maybe that says something about you then, that you only SEE the negatives.

Funny how you say you only see me posting negative yet I have posted many positive posts previously.

Not that I need to justify myself, or take advice from someone on an Internet forum.

I find it bizarre that people feel the need to attack or pick people up because they don't like what they post.  It's almost like you want the world to see things from your perspective...slightly narcissistic if you ask me.

21 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I'm sure we can find a couple of million from somewhere.  If that's what it takes to boost our promotion challenge, so be it.

I am not condoning, signings left right and centre, but a striker that we desperately need is a must

I was very grateful to David Clowes when he stepped in, because he saved our club. He made it pretty clear that his objective was that it should not die. He also made it pretty clear I felt that he was a reluctant owner, and certainly not one with deep pockets, and that during his tenure he would have to run it as a sustainable business model. There isn't a couple of million that can be found from anywhere, unless its from his pocket. I dont expect him to dig deeper than he has, and no one else should either. He has given Warne what looks a resonable budget to compete in League 1. He has put his faith in the League 1 Guardiola.

Notes:

1) A sustainable business model will never satisfy the average football fan. 

2) Not getting out of League 1 quickly will create issues as to attendances, goodwill, etc.

3) I wonder how much work is being done by Clowes in terms of finding his future successor. I suspect he would very much like to find someone in his 5 year plan that has the deeper pockets to take the club forward.

57 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There’s nothing wrong with your post (IMO) until I reach the last two words. If you’d said something like “but no harm in asking I guess” you might not have faced some of the stick that came your way.

55 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

What do you mean 'desperately need'? We've had Collins banging them in for fun in the pre-season, I might not be the biggest fan of Washington but he's 1 in 3 at this level. There's still a month till the transfer window shuts plus the loan window.

As for your comment "I'm sure we can find a couple of million from somewhere" you just show your complete lack of understanding on how lower league football works, even for the supposed bigger clubs like ourselves.

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I was very grateful to David Clowes when he stepped in, because he saved our club. He made it pretty clear that his objective was that it should not die. He also made it pretty clear I felt that he was a reluctant owner, and certainly not one with deep pockets, and that during his tenure he would have to run it as a sustainable business model. There isn't a couple of million that can be found from anywhere, unless its from his pocket. I dont expect him to dig deeper than he has, and no one else should either. He has given Warne what looks a resonable budget to compete in League 1. He has put his faith in the League 1 Guardiola.

Notes:

1) A sustainable business model will never satisfy the average football fan. 

2) Not getting out of League 1 quickly will create issues as to attendances, goodwill, etc.

3) I wonder how much work is being done by Clowes in terms of finding his future successor. I suspect he would very much like to find someone in his 5 year plan that has the deeper pockets to take the club forward.

What is to say we are not allowed to make those transfers.  Even if Saudi Arabia decides, madly, to buy us, we might be limited to what we are doing now until the end of the season.

We were told the restrictions against us had been loosened, note: not removed.