Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, I wonder if there was a bid in for either of these two that the replies would be the same? You could ask why there aren't bids in for Smith and Hourihane but there is for Bird?

As an Academy graduate I think that Max is very under appreciated by the average Derby fan. Even overheard one  say that Korey Smith is a better player!

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Well it seems we have settled on our scapegoat, glad it didn't take 5 or 6 games, why waste time. 

I'm not basing my opinion just on today's performance. Hence the use of the word again. I am basing it on watching him over several seasons.

Edited by Yoxoram
Additional information

23 minutes ago, sage said:

Yet you mentioned today. When he was played out of position. Like NML was , who was also poor. What was Smith's excuse? Or Bradleys? or Wildsmiths? 

I did say today but then added again to indicate my opinion was based on more than just today. I agree with you on NML. I don't think NML fits with the way Warne wants to play. Wildsmith made a bad error and this can happen. Unfortunately, when it's a keeper, it often leads to a goal. We've seen enough of Wildsmith to know he's a decent keeper at this level.

Smith was not at his best today and has played better. As for Bradley, if I ignore the back pass, I thought he did ok but I will not make any judgement on him based on one match.

5 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I did say today but then added again to indicate my opinion was based on more than just today. I agree with you on NML. I don't think NML fits with the way Warne wants to play. Wildsmith made a bad error and this can happen. Unfortunately, when it's a keeper, it often leads to a goal. We've seen enough of Wildsmith to know he's a decent keeper at this level.

Smith was not at his best today and has played better. As for Bradley, if I ignore the back pass, I thought he did ok but I will not make any judgement on him based on one match.

How much would you take for Bird?

17 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yes and let’s play him in a different position that obviously doesn’t suit him and play Smith in his position who is bang average at best.

For me Smith is nowhere near good enough, he waves his arms around a lot but achieves very little. If Warne seriously thinks that Smith is better than Bird in CM, and that Bird is a number 10 then I am really concerned about his ability to manage our football club.

28 minutes ago, chadlad said:

For me Smith is nowhere near good enough, he waves his arms around a lot but achieves very little. If Warne seriously thinks that Smith is better than Bird in CM, and that Bird is a number 10 then I am really concerned about his ability to manage our football club.

Totally agree

Just now, Yoxoram said:

I'm not the person to be asking that question of. It should be clear I don't rate him. If I was a club manager he is not a player I would be looking to sign.

but you wanted to sell him and bring in 2 players with the proceeds, so asking you to explain that process is reasonable