Max Bird

FlyBritishMidland

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think he was being sarcastic about the news an offer had been received when he made that comment.

I think if fee was right then they would look at it 

He mentioned Man U coming in with the right amount then Max would have a say ! 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

We haven’t replaced McGoldrick, Bielik or Knight, so I wouldn’t be too confident that Bird would only be sold if a replacement is already lined up.

Bielik and Knight fees may not have gone on direct replacements, but were probably used to cover the wage bill of new signings at a guess, and McGoldrick is pretty much impossible to replace on a free. If we sold Bird there is not a chance we wouldn't use it to strengthen the squad. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol are selling a CM for over £20m, having alreqdy rejected 1 bid matching that amount. He's 19 and got only 1 goal and 5 assists from a more advanced position than Bird played last season. 

TBF, Alex Scott is a superb player and will be wanted by Top 6 clubs in about 2 years when he does well at Bournemouth/Wolves and has won the U19 Euro's. £20m is a lot, but it's a good investment for any prem club.

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bielik and Knight fees may not have gone on direct replacements, but were probably used to cover the wage bill of new signings at a guess, and McGoldrick is pretty much impossible to replace on a free. If we sold Bird there is not a chance we wouldn't use it to strengthen the squad. 

Seems they're split over a number of years.  Not upfront.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol are selling a CM for over £20m, having alreqdy rejected 1 bid matching that amount. He's 19 and got only 1 goal and 5 assists from a more advanced position than Bird played last season. 

Due to his worth to us with regard to our current CM options and difficulty getting other players in and our aim for promotion, I wouldn't accept anything below £5m.

Hefty money when Scott Twine went to Burnley for less than that

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

still makes his point relevant that we havent replaced them though.

maybe their wages have been spread around the team but it hasnt made us stronger on paper

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Seems they're split over a number of years.  Not upfront.

no transfer fees are really upfront nowadays, any player we bring in will be in similar installments it shouldnt make a difference if it isnt all upfront as long as there isnt a cash flow problem which i dont know why their should be

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Due to his worth to us with regard to our current CM options and difficulty getting other players in and our aim for promotion, I wouldn't accept anything below £5m.

TBH I'd want more than that, but currently with only a year left I could imagine that's what we'd want, and if we went up and then had to sell I reckon we'd easily get more.

When asked tonight about Bird being on a free (yes I know about compensation due to age) or taking a fee now his answer was

" Promotion to the champ is worth he thinks 12mill so is it worth keeping Bird to maybe get that and a new contract discussions at a higher level or sell now for a smaller amount....that is what you have to decide"

Also if he stays plays well then better clubs than Hull will be interested.

Edited by Rambalin

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

We haven’t replaced McGoldrick, Bielik or Knight, so I wouldn’t be too confident that Bird would only be sold if a replacement is already lined up.

Depends on how you’re defining “replaced”.

In terms of numbers as yet we haven’t signed senior midfielders in the squad to replace the two senior midfielders you mentioned. We have signed a senior striker to replace the senior striker who left. 
The argument about replacing the number of goals/the quality is a little more complex.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

47 minutes ago, alram said:

still makes his point relevant that we havent replaced them though.

maybe their wages have been spread around the team but it hasnt made us stronger on paper

That's your opinion. I think it's made us stronger.