Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

Just now, SKRam said:

To be fair to Bronze the ball did look way off the spot, just like Wednesdays last season to break our hea……. Arrrgghh no I didn’t mean to bring that up sorry folks 

The ridiculous laws mean the ball doesn't have to be on the spot just part of the ball as to be overhanging the penalty spot

3 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

The ridiculous laws mean the ball doesn't have to be on the spot just part of the ball as to be overhanging the penalty spot

Yeah had heard that. I had a grumble last season, may have been your good self who pointed that out! Just think it’s odd to not simply rule that ball should be placed central 

15 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Yeah had heard that. I had a grumble last season, may have been your good self who pointed that out! Just think it’s odd to not simply rule that ball should be placed central 

Its the same with lines though, or the quarter thing at the corner.

If any of the ball is directly above any of the white paint (when looked at from above, perpendicular to the ground), then it's still "good".
As in "The whole of the ball over the whole of the line" to be a goal, or throw in etc.  It's just in this case, it's a big dot, instead of a line.

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Its the same with lines though, or the quarter thing at the corner.

If any of the ball is directly above any of the white paint (when looked at from above, perpendicular to the ground), then it's still "good".
As in "The whole of the ball over the whole of the line" to be a goal, or throw in etc.  It's just in this case, it's a big dot, instead of a line.

The corners don’t start me!!! Because those extra mm make all the difference. Pushing the boundaries every time. Just place the ducking ball in the quadrant 

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The corners don’t start me!!! Because those extra mm make all the difference. Pushing the boundaries every time. Just place the ducking ball in the quadrant 

Technically, just so long as everyone follows the same rule, and the officials are consistent in their management of it, All this does is make the quadrant bigger.  I'd say it's no big deal.

Same with the peno spot.  Effectively there's an imaginary pencil-thin line effectively making the spot 2 or 3 times bigger than the actual white painted spot that is visible.  (Obviously the radius of the spot + diameter of the ball =the imaginary but effective "real radius")  I've absolutely no idea what those dimensions are, I hasten to add!)   

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, just so long as everyone follows the same rule, and the officials are consistent in their management of it, All this does is make the quadrant bigger.  I'd say it's no big deal.

Same with the peno spot.  Effectively there's an imaginary pencil-thin line effectively making the spot 2 or 3 times bigger than the actual white painted spot that is visible.  (Obviously the radius of the spot + diameter of the ball =the imaginary but effective "real radius")  I've absolutely no idea what those dimensions are, I hasten to add!)   

Maybe I have that Fast Show character thing when I see the ball placed for a corner…….(I know this isn’t it but best I could get) 

horror car GIF by Shudder

One of my East End mates lives in Sydney nowadays so went to the game. Last night he texted he was over the defeat, because West Ham had beaten Chelsea, which was much more important. It made me wonder, is there anyone on here who would rather Derby had lost against Fleetwood if it had meant the women winning the World Cup? 

27 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of my East End mates lives in Sydney nowadays so went to the game. Last night he texted he was over the defeat, because West Ham had beaten Chelsea, which was much more important. It made me wonder, is there anyone on here who would rather Derby had lost against Fleetwood if it had meant the women winning the World Cup? 

Me I’d rather Derby beat Fleetwood than the men winning the World Cup. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

No Way Minions GIF

Statement from the Spanish FA

The Spanish football federation says it will take legal action over Jenni Hermoso's comments about its president Luis Rubiales.

Rubiales has refused to resign after kissing forward Hermoso on the lips following Spain's Women's World Cup final win over England in Sydney.

Hermoso said on Friday she did not consent, but the federation has questioned her version of events.

"The evidence is conclusive," it said. "Mr President has not lied."

In a statement by players' union Futpro, which is representing 33-year-old Hermoso, she is quoted as saying "in no case did I seek to raise (lift) the president" while they embraced on the podium. 

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said: "The RFEF and Mr President will demonstrate each of the lies that are spread either by someone on behalf of the player or, if applicable, by the player herself.

"The RFEF and the President, given the seriousness of the content of the press release from the Futpro union, will initiate the corresponding legal actions."

The federation also said that, if selected, players have "an obligation" to play for the national team, after 81 female players said they will not represent Spain until Rubiales is removed from his post.

limmy-double-down.gif

4 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Statement from the Spanish FA

The Spanish football federation says it will take legal action over Jenni Hermoso's comments about its president Luis Rubiales.

Rubiales has refused to resign after kissing forward Hermoso on the lips following Spain's Women's World Cup final win over England in Sydney.

Hermoso said on Friday she did not consent, but the federation has questioned her version of events.

"The evidence is conclusive," it said. "Mr President has not lied."

In a statement by players' union Futpro, which is representing 33-year-old Hermoso, she is quoted as saying "in no case did I seek to raise (lift) the president" while they embraced on the podium. 

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said: "The RFEF and Mr President will demonstrate each of the lies that are spread either by someone on behalf of the player or, if applicable, by the player herself.

"The RFEF and the President, given the seriousness of the content of the press release from the Futpro union, will initiate the corresponding legal actions."

The federation also said that, if selected, players have "an obligation" to play for the national team, after 81 female players said they will not represent Spain until Rubiales is removed from his post.

limmy-double-down.gif

Rubiales now suspended by FIFA for an initial period of 90 days.

On 21/08/2023 at 22:33, Carl Sagan said:

yes, me

3 hours ago, David said:

Rubiales mum has locked herself in the church and gone on hunger strike now, this story is getting weirder by the day. 

https://news.sky.com/story/world-cup-kiss-row-latest-luis-rubiales-doubles-down-after-fifa-opens-disciplinary-proceedings-12948103

This is getting weirder now. 

Rubiales' mum's indulgence is perhaps part of the reason he grown up to be such a Bamford. I do concede though, that he'd probably be a Bamford anyway.