Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

7 hours ago, David said:

Women's football is not for everyone, which means this topic won't be for everyone either which is fine.

Would be nice to let those that wish to watch and discuss it have this space to do so, without it being dragging into any debate over where it stands v the men's game.

Started off like that female referee thread all over again.

Predictable and depressing.

Are people genuinely passionate about the women’s game, or are they there just because it’s an event and to be supportive?

I mean, the Aussies packed out their 75,000 seater stadium. But were the fans there genuinely passionate fans who would pay top dollar to follow the women’s side?

Or were they there because tickets were dirt cheap and it was just an event to be at with friends?

I mean, you know when Derby play, 95% of those in attendance are passionate Derby fans. Like when the women play, do you think 95% of the crowd could recognize and name all the players? 

Do you think there would be a turnout of 75,000 in a stadium for the men’s U17 World Cup?

I highly doubt it.

But that quality is better than the women’s game.

The huge popularity for the women’s game is assume then is being pushed by women, and then their spouses jump along, which is great.

I can’t see why men outright would favor the women’s game over U17 men’s football.

I think it’s great young girls have proper role models.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do you think there would be a turnout of 75,000 in a stadium for the men’s U17 World Cup?

I highly doubt it.

But that quality is better than the women’s game.

The huge popularity for the women’s game is assume then is being pushed by women, and then their spouses jump along, which is great.

I can’t see why men outright would favor the women’s game over U17 men’s football.

I think it’s great young girls have proper role models.

Look at the crowds - it's much more families. Great to have an event whole families with daughters want to go and see.

I've been to a few women's games... completely different atmosphere to men's games. Way more families. If I had kids I know where I'd be taking them first... women's football is good too. Got a few mates who go regularly.

I'm going to England's game tomorrow not sure what the turnout will be.

7 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I've been to a few women's games... completely different atmosphere to men's games. Way more families. If I had kids I know where I'd be taking them first... women's football is good too. Got a few mates who go regularly.

I'm going to England's game tomorrow not sure what the turnout will be.

What day and time are most of the women's league games? Might be something to take my niece to when she's older, but there's no way I'm missing a Derby men's game for it!

On 20/07/2023 at 18:13, Bris Vegas said:

Are people genuinely passionate about the women’s game, or are they there just because it’s an event and to be supportive?

I mean, the Aussies packed out their 75,000 seater stadium. But were the fans there genuinely passionate fans who would pay top dollar to follow the women’s side?

Or were they there because tickets were dirt cheap and it was just an event to be at with friends?

I mean, you know when Derby play, 95% of those in attendance are passionate Derby fans. Like when the women play, do you think 95% of the crowd could recognize and name all the players? 

At Chesterfield on Wednesday night l was lucky if I recognised 40% of the 22 players on the pitch. By the end of the game that was probably down to less than 10%.

Should I stop thinking of myself as a passionate Rams fan? 

48 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

At Chesterfield on Wednesday night l was lucky if I recognised 40% of the 22 players on the pitch. By the end of the game that was probably down to less than 10%.

Should I stop thinking of myself as a passionate Rams fan? 

Did you recognize the Derby players? I’m not talking about the opposition.