Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

Spain were excellent. We just couldn't get going offensively. We didn't see enough of the ball and weren't quick enough on the break. I would've liked to see some of Spain's cynical tackles to stop breakaways punished with yellows, but crying about the ref is pure cope. Great tournament from England overall, but the better team won the final.

Without wishing to come across as patronising...
Yes, I enjoyed that... as a game of football, and as a spectacle.
Yes, I'd watch 'em again... in the big games, so no different to the England blokes.
Yes, I'm more used to disappointment than joy, when it comes to watching England in these bigger games, and today has not changed that.

Nice try ladies.  Chins up, and go again.
xxx 

Deserved to lose. Not really brave enough. Even the goal came from Bronze storming forward and nobody giving her an angle. 

Particularly in central midfield we had nothing to offer either way

Congratulations to Spain. Sneaking their traditional pathetic rolling around into their women's team. Very impressive. Sergio Busquets would be proud

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Spain were excellent. We just couldn't get going offensively. We didn't see enough of the ball and weren't quick enough on the break. I would've liked to see some of Spain's cynical tackles to stop breakaways punished with yellows, but crying about the ref is pure cope. Great tournament from England overall, but the better team won the final.

Yawn. Grow up. Nobody is crying.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

We're the European Champions and World Cup finalists bud!! 😂

England that is!

Exactly right. Many people will have jumped on board today and be giving it the "typical England" 

But there's nothing typical about the England women. Hard working collective who have performed on the big stage

Just couldn't get going and some sloppiness in midfield was the difference. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It should be separated. VAR gives the officials an opportunity to correct a mistake but sadly they're invariably not up to the job, although the constant changing of the laws hasn't helped.

Because the guidelines they’re given don’t make sense or help. They’re a product of the system constructed. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Deserved to lose. Not really brave enough. Even the goal came from Bronze storming forward and nobody giving her an angle. 

Particularly in central midfield we had nothing to offer either way

Congratulations to Spain. Sneaking their traditional pathetic rolling around into their women's team. Very impressive. Sergio Busquets would be proud

Agree we deserved to lose but wouldn’t agree it was due to lack of bravery. We just were good enough to break down a good Spain team.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Exactly right. Many people will have jumped on board today and be giving it the "typical England" 

But there's nothing typical about the England women. Hard working collective who have performed on the big stage

Just couldn't get going and some sloppiness in midfield was the difference. 

I ‘jumped on board’ for the semi, not been a fan of ladies football but I did enjoy The Lionesses. Probably only watch if we get through to latter stages of a competition again. Overall it’ll be a boost for women’s football and the kids will be more interested which is terrific. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Agree we deserved to lose but wouldn’t agree it was due to lack of bravery. We just were good enough to break down a good Spain team.

I just thought in the first half the wingbacks allowed themselves to sit back a bit much. Maybe the formation was more the issue because second half we had more options. But unfortunately we were chasing the game then. 

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It should be separated. VAR gives the officials an opportunity to correct a mistake but sadly they're invariably not up to the job, although the constant changing of the laws hasn't helped.

Liverpool get a "soft penalty" yesterday against Bournemouth, BBC pundits on MOTD say "soft" also commented that Howard Webb has told his VAR officials not to get involved when the Ref gives a Pen...very strange comment to make...imo

Edited by The Last Post