Liam Thompson

jono

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just weird. Sibley was made for McLaren's 4-3-3 as one of the two attacking midfielders.

We didn’t play with two attacking midfielders. We had a holder, and a box to box. Just weird. 

On 12/07/2023 at 16:36, NottmRAM said:

I'm a big fan of Thompson, I think he could be a very good player. I hope we see more of him.

his passes often go astray because he’s a step ahead of his teammates. But they go astray a lot. If he settles in and we see fewer mistakes then he could be an important player this year

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

his passes often go astray because he’s a step ahead of his teammates. But they go astray a lot. If he settles in and we see fewer mistakes then he could be an important player this year

You've described the passing accuracy for every player in the squad under Warne's tactics. Back when we knew how to pass it, Thompson was the most reliable in the squad.

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You've described the passing accuracy for every player in the squad under Warne's tactics. Back when we knew how to pass it, Thompson was the most reliable in the squad.

Hold on a second.

Warne has tactics?

Edited by Rev

I've always said since the very first time I saw him that there was a player in there.

I was very pleased he signed a new contract last summer but knew he needed to step up. It's taken 12 months but he is shining as he is something different to the rest.

Another good option that we didn't expect

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

I thought he was MOTM today despite Waghorn's hat-trick.

He was so good that I don't want to disagree with you... but I'm going to anyway because Waghorn's finishing was top drawer and then there was his (Waggy's) general energy and directness. He was fantastic.

But Thompson did enough to win MotM in most other matches. Very pleased for him.

Lucky with the assist. The cross was going for the first man before the deflection.

Otherwise though a good game. I want to see goals though - our striker won’t score a hat trick every week and with him and Smith, that’s two midfielders who won’t score in a brothel. Really puts a reliance on the other to four attackers.

Obviously Waggy fully deserved his MoTM for today - he was different gravy in the first half. 
However Thommo was simply brilliant today from start to finish, he never stops running, is tenacious in the tackle, is tremendously strong for a little chap and he’s got a trick or two in his bag as well. He’s got that little edge to him too. 
Considering he was only playing park football a couple of years back, his rise is an absolutely fabulous. There’s one hell of a player there in him and I’d be looking to get him under a much longer contract asap if possible. 
im gonna stick my knock out here, but I think he brings more to the team than Knight did and will be a better player than Knight in the future. 
A complete pocket rocket and I love him !! 😃🐏

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

want to see goals though -

think we’ll see the old screamer from him He lurks in space on the edge of the box at corners etc - scholes like - looking for scraps and his already shown he’s willing to try his luck from distance. But he’s doing so much good work wide out left that I don’t think we will see a lot of goals from him