Twitching

i-Ram

It’s only July 1st. We’ve been in pre-season for a few days. We’ve not even played a friendly.

We have made four signings, all of whom will strengthen the squad and give us more depth and flexibility and all of them have a good track record in this division and experience of the division above.

Knowing how quickly deals can come together, why would anyone be twitching?

We need to judge Warne and this squad with the fullness of time. We have to see how the team looks on the pitch and how it performs in relation to the rest of the division.

Warne is looking for a winning blend. It’s not necessarily always big names and big reputations that deliver the best teams. Last year’s champions Plymouth were not laden with star names, but what they did have was a group of players that bought into the manager’s vision and executed it on the pitch.

Let’s wait and see if Warne can assemble a group in a similar manner and let’s not let our assumptions hold us in a vice-like grip. We could be one of the best footballing sides in the division come August 5th.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

If Michelle Keegan whispered something in my ear that would get me excited.

Time will tell David whether Warne can excite me. I fear he is building a functional squad that simply suits his basic skill set. He should get us up, but I thought that last season, but l fear it is going to be hard on the eyes. You can take the boy out of Rovrum, but there is an awful lot of Rovrum still in the boy. 

What if it was “you’re starting the season with James Collins as your main striker” 

would still get excited lol

i mean she hot but theres a limit lol

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I sense you haven’t watched anywhere near enough Rotherham to make the assumptions you do. 

I watched a video of all their goals in the last  promotion season earlier. Probably about 65% came from crosses, 15% long range strikes 10% balls over the top and 10% semi decent passages of passing play to create an opening.

It became a tiring watch about a third of the way through.

It didn't particularly resemble what we saw last season but signs so far point toward us playing more in that style than the one which saw us get results last season... except as yet we haven't got anyone to get on the end of the crosses, or the balls over the top.

This could all change.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

I watched a video of all their goals in the last  promotion season earlier. Probably about 65% came from crosses, 15% long range strikes 10% balls over the top and 10% semi decent passages of passing play to create an opening.

It became tiring a tiring watch about a third of the way through.

It didn't particularly resemble what we saw last season but signs so far point toward us playing more in that style than the one which saw us get results last season... except as yet we haven't got anyone to get on the end of the crosses.

It’ll be three centre backs, Ward and Elder, three solid no frills midfield options, a big guy and a little guy up front.

Think Barkhuisen will go and NML will be an impact sub if Plan A isn’t working.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It’s only July 1st. We’ve been in pre-season for a few days. We’ve not even played a friendly.

We have made four signings, all of whom will strengthen the squad and give us more depth and flexibility and all of them have a good track record in this division and experience of the division above.

Knowing how quickly deals can come together, why would anyone be twitching?

We need to judge Warne and this squad with the fullness of time. We have to see how the team looks on the pitch and how it performs in relation to the rest of the division.

Warne is looking for a winning blend. It’s not necessarily always big names and big reputations that deliver the best teams. Last year’s champions Plymouth were not laden with star names, but what they did have was a group of players that bought into the manager’s vision and executed it on the pitch.

Let’s wait and see if Warne can assemble a group in a similar manner and let’s not let our assumptions hold us in a vice-like grip. We could be one of the best footballing sides in the division come August 5th.

Ahh, the Cocu hating, Rooney hating, Rosenior hating, Warne loving, supporter is suggesting we need to take circumstances into account, and allow a little more time.

it crowd news GIF by NowThis

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Ahh, the Cocu hating, Rooney hating, Rosenior hating, Warne loving, supporter is suggesting we need to take circumstances into account, and allow a little more time.

it crowd news GIF by NowThis

Not exactly an original response, or a particularly relevant one.

Let’s focus on the present.

We’ve had two days of pre-season. We haven’t played our first friendly. How many clubs have finished their transfer business at this point? None.

Most if not all clubs still have deals to conclude after they are several games into the season and some will be working on deals right up until the deadline.

To question the manager’s ability to attract good forwards would be fair and valid after we have lost a few games to nil and missed out on a few realistic and attainable signings.

But now? 

You’re assuming there’s a problem before any genuine evidence of one exists.

Fuelling the Warne doubt before we’ve even lost 1-0 to Matlock? You’ve really outdone yourself.

Warne did well with Smith and Ladapo up front, Rotherham just lacked the muscle to keep them at the club.

Ladapo had a decent record and was bought in for a moderate fee (about £500k), and Smith was picked up from Bury where his stays weren't great.

I think PW is taking his time to get it right and land a player (or 2) he can use as first choice for the next 3 years. I'd guess he wants something or someone specific and we are waiting for Bielik/Knight money to hit the bank so he can grab that, rather than settling for a freebie who may be square peg/round hole or just not as good.

I have no doubt if he wanted the frees mentioned, apart from someone who has specific geographical issues or has significantly better offers, eg a Blackburn rather than a Gillingham, then we'd have them. We are favourites for promotion, have the biggest abd best facilities in the division and I'd imagine the ability to match or better any offer on the table.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Warne seems a very wary guy. 

The player has to tick 100 percent all the boxes.  

Hope he’s not too meticulous 

Well the stick he gets for just breathing, he perhaps has to be. Not having a go just saying!

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well the stick he gets for just breathing, he perhaps has to be. Not having a go just saying!

I thought he got the least stick of any Derby manager.  
He has good faith on his side but somehow a gamble is needed.  
Craig Bryson was a gamble as was George Williams but they worked. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I thought he got the least stick of any Derby manager.  
He has good faith on his side but somehow a gamble is needed.  
Craig Bryson was a gamble as was George Williams but they worked. 

As you’ve used him as an example… what in the name of B4’s hatred of pink makes you think Paul Warne wouldn’t sign someone like Craig Bryson?

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

As you’ve used him as an example… what in the name of B4’s hatred of pink makes you think Paul Warne wouldn’t sign someone like Craig Bryson?

Has he raided Scotland yet lol

Joking apart he needs a few bargains 

Edited by Curtains

For every Williams and Bryson there will always be a dozen Jonathan Clarks & Jonathon Hunts . 

A mixture of gambles and solid proven established performers is needed right now . We can save the lavish millions for when we are challenging at the top of the division above ... this time with a properly structured club. 

5 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

For every Williams and Bryson there will always be a dozen Jonathan Clarks & Jonathon Hunts . 

A mixture of gambles and solid proven established performers is needed right now . We can save the lavish millions for when we are challenging at the top of the division above ... this time with a properly structured club. 

Clarke and Hunt were good players .

Properly structured is an also a gamble. 
No certainties in Football 

Edited by Curtains

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Clarke and Hunt were good players .

Properly structured is an also a gamble. 
No certainties in Football 

Surely its preferable to reckless ? Whilst reckless may get us up… the consequences as we should really still all know (madness that we even have to be reminded quite frankly) are quite literally harrowing

19 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

And as a fanbase we need to be prepared and ready to accept that 

no one can get it 100% right … especially when shopping lower down