Highest wages ever

Poynton ram

With Hourihane apparently the highest wage earner at the club at the moment over the years who was paid the highest salary? Rooney perhaps although his pay was subsidised by a betting company. Who else Ravanelli, Kinkladze, Earnie, some of the dross signed towards the backend of the Prem stay?

7 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With Hourihane apparently the highest wage earner at the club at the moment over the years who was paid the highest salary? Rooney perhaps although his pay was subsidised by a betting company. Who else Ravanelli, Kinkladze, Earnie, some of the dross signed towards the backend of the Prem stay?

Top 3 are probably Rooney, Martin and Bielik.

54 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Other than Rooney, the other 2 wont even be close.  

Martin was rumoured to be on close to £40k after his new contract whilst out on loan to Fulham. A quick google suggests Ravenelli was around that figure at approximately £38k. Swap Bielik for Ravenelli and that'll be my final answer.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Martin was rumoured to be on close to £40k after his new contract whilst out on loan to Fulham. A quick google suggests Ravenelli was around that figure at approximately £38k. Swap Bielik for Ravenelli and that'll be my final answer.

Rave Ellie was a long time ago though. I wonder what that would be in todays money?

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£25k a week would be nearer the mark for his new Derby contract. His Agent was only (only!!!!!) asking Fulham to stump up £28k a week

to match the Derby offer, plus a London premium payment :-

https://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/no-wonder-chris-martin-was-confused.aspx

47 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If we are talking relatively, when we signed this man, we were in the second division but made him the highest paid player in the football league.

IMG_0160.png

fabulous picture. Bremner looks frightened. Must be some sort of weird scots mafia thing 

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Not to sure who was the Highest ever but Anya wages was the most money wasted in the entire history of Derby County

I think it worked out at £268k per game.

Bielik will be a similar sum

Edited by sage

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

fabulous picture. Bremner looks frightened. Must be some sort of weird scots mafia thing 

Mackay had just come back from another serious injury, Bremner went into a tackle as Bremner did, DM wasn’t best pleased