New Fan, Looking To Start Conversations About Derby

JakeDCFC

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

1 minute ago, JakeDCFC said:

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

Welcome aboard my friend

1 hour ago, JakeDCFC said:

Let me know if you are a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of a person and I will point you in the right direction for friends on the forum😀

Hello Jake!

OK, we will have to set you some deep-learning modules :))

Search and read up a-plenty on these DCFC legends for starters, and then you'll love us even more!

Steve Bloomer

The Baseball Ground

Brian Clough & Peter Taylor

Kevin Hector

Dave Mackay

Roy McFarland

Igor Stimac

The Bald Eagle (Jim Smith)

David Clowes

Then for balance, to understand the true resilience of Rams fans in adversity, look up:

Robert Maxwell

The Three Amigos

Mel Morris

Quantuma

If you are still determined to be an honorary overseas Ram after that lot, you're as crazy as the rest of us!

1 hour ago, JakeDCFC said:

Welcome Jake, glad you have seen sense and dumped Tottenham, welcome to the DCFC rollercoaster, all I can say about DCFC is that it’s never dull, anything you need to know or ask get it on here and we will do our best to help you out

Welcome young buck... or as we say in Derby, Ay up me duck (Angelina Jolie will gladly explain that one, see https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/angelina-jolie-confuses-everyone-with-ay-up-me-duck-greeting-to-derby-actor-jack-o-connell-9870300.html)

Welcome to Ramkind where lows are as deep as the highs are high. The highest high being the camaraderie between Rams fans. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few posters in real life and they all made a favourable impression. There's no finer bunch anywhere than Derbeians, especially those who had the sense to move to Amsterdam 😉

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Hi Jake, the first thing to say is it’s normally frowned upon to change your allegiance for a club this side of the pond, but we’ll put that down to inexperience, but over here it’s not like a marriage, this relationship is for life.

To be fair, Spurs are a decent choice of gateway drug to the truly hard core stuff of Derby supporting.