New Fan, Looking To Start Conversations About Derby

JakeDCFC

22 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

Whereabouts in the U.S. are you from? Who are your local MLS team?

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Whereabouts in the U.S. are you from? Who are your local MLS team?

I am from California. Closest MLS teams to me would be LAFC and LA Galaxy. I really dislike LAFC though so I would say I am an LA Galaxy "fan" on the rare occasion I do tune in to the MLS. The league is really improving though, lots of young talent, not just a retirement league anymore so I might be tuning in more. 

15 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Quite surprised that @HuddersRam and @loweman2 haven’t been on to sell anything yet. Come on Lads, that American market is vast and you have a possible distribution gateway here.

10.6k posts and nothing of any meaningful contribution over the years apart from snipes at others, you are one of the main reasons that I don’t read the forum so much as you are very boring and seem to pop up everywhere with an opinion.

maybe get some other interests in your life and lay off the internet so much ! ❤️

6 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

10.6k posts and nothing of any meaningful contribution over the years apart from snipes at others, you are one of the main reasons that I don’t read the forum so much as you are very boring and seem to pop up everywhere with an opinion.

maybe get some other interests in your life and lay off the internet so much ! ❤️

Sorry about me coming on here with opinions. I really am easily avoided.

IMG_0634.png

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

Might stick you on there just for not using dark mode. Heathen. 

It took me 5 minutes, and the Mrs help to find and take a screenshot of the ignore page. I will leave dark mode for you youngsters, and put on sunglasses if the glare gets too much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 10:46, JakeDCFC said:

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

Just dive in to threads and join the conversations. I don’t know if you can get Rams TV but I am pretty sure there will be a way to see some matches on the net and add to your knowledge. There’s a good crew here.

11 hours ago, jono said:

Just dive in to threads and join the conversations. I don’t know if you can get Rams TV but I am pretty sure there will be a way to see some matches on the net and add to your knowledge. There’s a good crew here.

I have gotten Rams TV, it's a bit more expensive in the states sadly but definitely worth it. I have been watching a lot of classic matches recently!

welcome to the forum @JakeDCFC It's great you were drawn in by our famous ram! Having been following derby for 20 years I can attest it's full of frustration, disappointment, heartbreak, and the odd brilliant moment. In fact, in the 20 years I've been following derby rarely has there been a dull season. But you'll be joining a club with possibly the most loyal fans in the country who are full of passion and will join you for your rollercoaster ride of being a derby county fan!! 

43 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

welcome to the forum @JakeDCFC It's great you were drawn in by our famous ram! Having been following derby for 20 years I can attest it's full of frustration, disappointment, heartbreak, and the odd brilliant moment. In fact, in the 20 years I've been following derby rarely has there been a dull season. But you'll be joining a club with possibly the most loyal fans in the country who are full of passion and will join you for your rollercoaster ride of being a derby county fan!! 

Just hoping I've joined at the low of the roller coaster and it's all up from here for at least a little while hahaha

On 14/06/2023 at 10:46, JakeDCFC said:

I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha.

That’s why my favourite American football team is the rams. Honestly I don’t even know what city they represent.

And we do have the coolest emblem of any club. You’re not the first foreign fan to have become a fan for no other reason than how cool our emblem is. But, obviously, there’s a lot more to love when you learn more about us. 

You made a good choice switching from spurs. You’re going ti get the same thing every season with spurs. Middling to quite good performance, with no end product. We don’t have any end product either, don’t expect to taste the glory of winning any cups any time soon (except maybe a league one championship title if all goes according to plan), but wow what a rollercoaster ride it is. And similar to a rollercoaster, we often end yo right back where we started.