New Fan, Looking To Start Conversations About Derby

JakeDCFC

5 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

Interesting, I wonder why he would lie about that. If something came up and he seriously couldn't make it u might as well tell everyone beforehand since that would be pretty annoying to get no showed like that. I do plan on making a trip out to Derby in a couple years, hopefully by then I can meet with some of the people on here and actually show up unlike him lol. 

It was a strange one and only he can explain his train of thought. I presume it was ruled out that there was a genuine reason for his no show. @David is probably the best one to fill in the blanks but I suspect he probably can't go into too much detail.

Welcome Jake, always good to welcome new folks.

I think the joining ritual has remained unchanged since i joined the forum in 2010. Basically you're expected to score a few points by infringing some of the many random forum norms that are enforced by David and his private militia of jackbooted moderators. Then join in some random punning, tolerate i-ram sniping from the comfort of his leatherette recliner and generally muck in.

At the moment we're all wetting our pants because in our UK version of the draft (called the "transfer window") we have not yet done any deals so we barely have a team to put out. Hence we're dividing into pro and anti-Warne camps and in the early skirmishing staging before all out civil war.

Think Trump and MAGA but with warm beer and funny english accents.

Enjoy....🤣 

45 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think the joining ritual has remained unchanged since i joined the forum in 2010. Basically you're expected to score a few points by infringing some of the many random forum norms that are enforced by David and his private militia of jackbooted moderators. Then join in some random punning, tolerate i-ram sniping from the comfort of his leatherette recliner and generally muck in.

At the moment we're all wetting our pants because in our UK version of the draft (called the "transfer window") we have not yet done any deals so we barely have a team to put out. Hence we're dividing into pro and anti-Warne camps and in the early skirmishing staging before all out civil war.

Enjoy....🤣 

Excited to be a part of it haha, will have to see if I become pro or anti-Warne tho lol

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

As long as you give him a fair chance its all that can be asked - a few fellow posters can't even do that!

Figure I have no choice but to give him a fair chance to begin with haha, can't be that cynical this early on into my fandom

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Enjoy....🤣 

Because of your poor linking I nearly missed my mention, as it is quite rare for me to foray beyond your opening sentence. However, the read was quite enjoyable, and I didn’t need the 🤣 on this occasion to know what you wrote was supposed to be witty.  However, this post is neither to snipe at, or praise, you. It’s just to let Jake know that I am not over keen on Americans, but I will give him a fair chance. Have a nice day y’all.

18 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

Hello Jake!

OK, we will have to set you some deep-learning modules :))

Search and read up a-plenty on these DCFC legends for starters, and then you'll love us even more!

Steve Bloomer

The Baseball Ground

Brian Clough & Peter Taylor

Kevin Hector

Dave Mackay

Roy McFarland

Igor Stimac

The Bald Eagle (Jim Smith)

David Clowes

Then for balance, to understand the true resilience of Rams fans in adversity, look up:

Robert Maxwell

The Three Amigos

Mel Morris

Quantuma

If you are still determined to be an honorary overseas Ram after that lot, you're as crazy as the rest of us!

U missed out jake buxton #footballgenius lol

19 hours ago, SKRam said:

Welcome aboard Jake. You could be our first contact for talent from across the pond. We don’t tend to talk about John Harkes these days though

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Not incredibly knowledgable on the MLS ironically enough, but if Derby ever want to shop in Liga MX I'm the man to come to for info haha

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Because of your poor linking I nearly missed my mention, as it is quite rare for me to foray beyond your opening sentence. However, the read was quite enjoyable, and I didn’t need the 🤣 on this occasion to know what you wrote was supposed to be witty.  However, this post is neither to snipe at, or praise, you. It’s just to let Jake know that I am not over keen on Americans, but I will give him a fair chance. Have a nice day y’all.

I do not blame you for not being over keen on Americans. As an American myself I am not too over keen on Americans lol. Hope I can come off as "one of the good ones" haha.

As a an overseas Derby fan of fifty something years i say welcome Jake, you must be mad.  Our extra cool badge also drew me in, but it is bait Jake and now you're hooked for life, but fear not, you will learn to love the pain.  There is no better club to support in England, it is an honor and privilege to be a fan, in a masochistic sort of way.

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Enjoy....🤣 

This Is Real Justin Bieber GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Welcome Jake. A slight warning: Brits have a well developed sense of irony and sarcasm in their humour which I know from long experience often completely passes Americans by and can be read as an insult.

So never take as malice that more easily explained by cultural divergence. It's just banter!

42 minutes ago, ramit said:

As a an overseas Derby fan of fifty something years i say welcome Jake, you must be mad.  Our extra cool badge also drew me in, but it is bait Jake and now you're hooked for life, but fear not, you will learn to love the pain.  There is no better club to support in England, it is an honor and privilege to be a fan, in a masochistic sort of way.

I keep hearing a lot about how I must be crazy or mad, and honestly I may be haha. But for the short time I have already been on this website I have had a lot of fun interacting with other fans, and I'm happy I chose Derby, even if it comes with lots of pain from time to time lol.

Just now, FindernRam said:

Welcome Jake. A slight warning: Brits have a well developed sense of irony and sarcasm in their humour which I know from long experience often completely passes Americans by and can be read as an insult.

So never take as malice that more easily explained by cultural divergence. It's just banter!

I appreciate the warning, thankfully I myself tend to be quite sarcastic and I have experienced a lot of banter from some of my British friends I have made so I think I'll fit right in haha.