Prepare for defeats snatched from the jaws of victory

Prepare for failed expectations, false dawns and dashed hopes

Prepare for occasional triumphs

Prepare for having your heart broken, but loving them just the same

This is your life now

Welcome to the club

image.png.04d8dc868df56df035c9d0677bfad48a.png

Hi Jake. Wow, what have you let yourself in for 😉

Amazingly none of us are here for the glory so as with the rest of us you'll just have to get your 'wins' in whatever way you can! Derby is one of those clubs that the vast majority of fans have some direct personal connection with so its great that you have found us via our funky little club badge - we're absurdly proud of it !

We've had our moments in the spotlight of course (a couple of League titles a few decades back) but it's times like the present that I often think we're at our best - adversity often does that. It was a rough time during Covid and with the club's finances a mess, it needed everyone to pull together and our owner is an absolute legend for stepping in and saving the club. Obviously far from ideal to be down in the 3rd tier of the league but hopefully we'll bounce back soon now we have the club back on an even keel. New season coming up, new signings to discuss (hopefully!) and who knows, it might even be our year to bounce back !

Anyway, welcome to DCFCfans. Tuck into some of the threads. Enjoy 😃

Intrigues me how this kind of fan stays loyal. I mean, I’m born and bred Derby County, no other team are ever going to be close to my heart. But, it’s so hard being a Derby fan. We’ve got an amazing history, we’re full of stories of dodgy money, rich men meddling, mercurial players being snatched from us, very few trophies and fans of other clubs having a weird kind of hatred for us. But non of this ever matters if The Rams are in your blood. If they’re not and you chose this club, you must be mad! 

5 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

Welcome to the Rams Rollercoaster Jake. It can be a rough ride at times but it's one none of us will ever jump off of - if you check our history, especially the past 3 years or so, despite everything thrown at us, and properly being kicked when we were down, we all stood strong (well, there were a few wobbles to be fair).  You'll honestly not find a more loyal, supportive set of fans anywhere. 

For the record, I don't come from Derby nor live near (clue's in my name), but even so, I've supported this club through thick and thin since the glory days of McFarland, Todd, Hector, Gemmill and George in the 70s....and I'm still here. Welcome aboard. 

6 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Hello, my name is Jake and I recently created this account as I would like to make some new friends with other Derby County fans. I am from the US and have been a football fan for nearly my whole life. It is what comes with being brought up in a Latino household lol. Anyway I was initially drawn to English football, the premier league specifically, of course but never had any allegiances until around 2016. That is when I decided that I would support Tottenham of all teams LOL. Years passed and my passion as a Spurs fan died down and during that time period I became very entrenched in football. I would consider myself to be a football fanatic as I follow the 5 major leagues in Europe along with some of the other bigger leagues (Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal etc.) as well as the leagues in South America and Liga MX. As my Spurs fandom died down over the years and my knowledge of football began to expand I began to pay a lot of attention to the other 3 leagues in the English Football system and that is when I discovered Derby. I have to be honest I mainly became interested because of the badge and how much I like rams as animals haha. Anyway I began to start following Derby more recently and want to learn even more about the club as an outsider from across the pond and would love to meet fellow Derby fans who I can talk football with and learn more with. Not sure exactly how this whole website works, but feel free to leave comments about anything, I would love to have some cool conversations! 

Hello Jake, here's some youtube to enjoy

not forgetting

Welcome Jake. Although my dad brainwashed me from a young age, I also truly became a Derby fan when I first went to a match in the season we were last relegated to the 3rd tier of English football after 1983-84 also in a terrible financial position.  In that time there have been real highs, tragic lows and lots of fun but as a Derby fan be prepared for the way it grabs you and wrings every emotion out of you and spits you back out. The last couple of years have been incredibly emotional and for many of us it has shown even more just how much we love this great club. The first time last season walking out to our seats after thinking the club was gone was a special moment. 

I am not sure if you can access this in the US but BBC's the Derby County story is excellent https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0c320gd

Where in the US are you from and any chance you will get to Pride Park any time soon?

10 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Welcome aboard Jake. Be prepared for wild transfer speculation, going off on tangents but nevertheless you have come to a club with a brilliant fan base 

Think I have chosen the perfect club as all of those sound like a lot of fun haha

8 hours ago, Archied said:

Let me know if you are a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of a person and I will point you in the right direction for friends on the forum😀

Depends on the day haha, more often than not I try to stay glass half full 

8 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

Hello Jake!

OK, we will have to set you some deep-learning modules :))

Search and read up a-plenty on these DCFC legends for starters, and then you'll love us even more!

Steve Bloomer

The Baseball Ground

Brian Clough & Peter Taylor

Kevin Hector

Dave Mackay

Roy McFarland

Igor Stimac

The Bald Eagle (Jim Smith)

David Clowes

Then for balance, to understand the true resilience of Rams fans in adversity, look up:

Robert Maxwell

The Three Amigos

Mel Morris

Quantuma

If you are still determined to be an honorary overseas Ram after that lot, you're as crazy as the rest of us!

I am a bit familiar with some of these, but definitely going to do a deep dive later, thank you for the learning module! haha

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hi Jake

I'm Dave, I like to keep things downbeat around here, miserable as sin, I think the whole footballing world is against us and every manager we have just isn't quite the right man. 

I flipping love Derby though, 23% than I love my wife!

I too can be a bit miserable when it comes to football haha, nice to meet you though!

26 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Welcome Jake. Although my dad brainwashed me from a young age, I also truly became a Derby fan when I first went to a match in the season we were last relegated to the 3rd tier of English football after 1983-84 also in a terrible financial position.  In that time there have been real highs, tragic lows and lots of fun but as a Derby fan be prepared for the way it grabs you and wrings every emotion out of you and spits you back out. The last couple of years have been incredibly emotional and for many of us it has shown even more just how much we love this great club. The first time last season walking out to our seats after thinking the club was gone was a special moment. 

I am not sure if you can access this in the US but BBC's the Derby County story is excellent https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0c320gd

Where in the US are you from and any chance you will get to Pride Park any time soon?

I'll be sure to check out the link, and hopefully I will be able to access it. I am from California and am planning a trip to the UK sometime within the next 2 years. Would definitely like to be able to catch a game at Pride Park when I do!

8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hi Jake welcome aboard. We once had a fan from America on here. It didn't end well though. Hope your stay fares better. 👍🏻

May I ask what the story on this American fan is? haha

10 minutes ago, JakeDCFC said:

May I ask what the story on this American fan is? haha

He was actually quite an affable chap. If I recall correctly he said he was coming over to watch a game and arranged to meet a few of the members on here. 

On the day of the game he disappeared off the radar.I think it left a few on here annoyed as they'd gone out of their way to meet up with him and make him feel welcome.  It turned out on the day of the game he was nowhere near Derby and was still in fact in the good old U S of A. 

He subsequently got banned and has never been seen again. There may be more to it than that but that's my recollection of events. Happy for anybody to fill in the blanks if I've missed anything.

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He was actually quite an affable chap. If I recall correctly he said he was coming over to watch a game and arranged to meet a few of the members on here. 

On the day of the game he disappeared off the radar.I think it left a few on here annoyed as they'd gone out of their way to meet up with him and make him feel welcome.  It turned out on the day of the game he was nowhere near Derby and was still in fact in the good old U S of A. 

He subsequently got banned and has never been seen again. There may be more to it than that but that's my recollection of events. Happy for anybody to fill in the blanks if I've missed anything.

Interesting, I wonder why he would lie about that. If something came up and he seriously couldn't make it u might as well tell everyone beforehand since that would be pretty annoying to get no showed like that. I do plan on making a trip out to Derby in a couple years, hopefully by then I can meet with some of the people on here and actually show up unlike him lol.