Can Luton beat our record?

TigerTedd

Who knows. But they don’t care. They will come back down with enough money to build their new stadium - their owners have said just that. 
What I find amazing is the Mpanzu guy. West Ham reject loaned out to none league Luton and now he’s a premier league player. Talk about personal belief and vindication or alternatively just doing things the hard way ! That is a top man 

Yes without a doubt, they remind me of Wimbledon play to there strengths. Not the prettiest football I've seen but I can see them giving some clubs problems at there home ground. I must admit I was really concerned when there captain Tom Lockyer collapsed on the pitch happy to hear that he was ok. Also happy for Rob Edwards there manager who had a loan spell with us and of course Mick Harford.

11 hours ago, jono said:

Who knows. But they don’t care. They will come back down with enough money to build their new stadium - their owners have said just that. 
What I find amazing is the Mpanzu guy. West Ham reject loaned out to none league Luton and now he’s a premier league player. Talk about personal belief and vindication or alternatively just doing things the hard way ! That is a top man 

Mpanzu thinks he's playing Football Manager.

Dreadful championship this season but they benefited from that - probably finish 20th and they would be the happiest club to do that 

the premiership will be mortified to lose two of leeds,Leicester,Everton whilst being replaced by Luton and Burnley with Bournmouth still there. It’s a hard sell for the other clubs !

Well done to Luton, amazing story really. Just makes me think though with the teams that we've had how did we not go up yet this Luton side has. It's mental. Any of those Derby sides would have walked this championship this season. Sad. But it shows what might be possible for us in the near future.

A lot will depend, a bit like us I guess, If they can find a way not to lose so many points from winning positions (worst in the Championship for it this season, I think the Sky stat said?)

No doubt Edwards has done a great job getting them promoted to the PL, but Luton's second half performance reminded me of quite a few of ours this season in the way Coventry twisted and Luton (having not capitalised on their first half dominance with more than one goal) stuck, leading to the equaliser - whether that was Edwards seeing the bigger picture beyond the 90 or whether he's not too good at reacting to changes made by the opposition only Luton fans could tell you, but in the PL the latter would be exposed more ruthlessly.

Edited by Kokosnuss