Season tickets on sale

Foreveram

51 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

For EFL league games, I believe a minimum of 10% of capacity has to be available to the away club, which would be 3,000.

For FA Cup games the minimum for away clubs is 15% of capacity.

There also has to be a percentage available for walk-up's, which if Derby have, say a limit of 22,000 season tickets + 3,000 away, which would leave approx. 5,000 available for non-season ticket holders/walk-up's.

Actually, it’s a minimum of 2,000 or 10% if the ground capacity is less than 20,000 I believe.

Its amazing, truly wonderful. Over 20k, probably top 4 outside of the Premier, probably top 20 all in. After all the pain, after all the reasons to walk away, during a cost of living crisis, still we return in numbers. There will be many more who would love to go but can't commit to it. We are very lucky with our fan base, hopefully that'll give us that extra 1% in the coming season that will get us over the line.

2 hours ago, Scott129 said:

That's a great effort.

In theory, that's nearly 2/3s of the ground full for every home game (of course, not every one of those ST holders will attend every game).

And then you've got ones still to buy, half season tickets, and single tickets as well!

FFS!  It was one effin' game!  Let it go, will yer! 🙄
Anyway... I've treated myself to some fancy merino thermals, so I should be ok this winter!  😁

9 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Truly fantastic support. Pretty sure we've sold more season tickets than forest's average home attendance last time they were down here

Not quite. There average home attendance last time they played in the championship was 27,000.

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I meant league 1 but understandable misunderstanding 🙂

In 2007/8 when F***** and the dirties were in Lg1, their average attendances were 20k and 26.5k, respectively.

14 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

For EFL league games, I believe a minimum of 10% of capacity has to be available to the away club, which would be 3,000.

For FA Cup games the minimum for away clubs is 15% of capacity.

There also has to be a percentage available for walk-up's, which if Derby have, say a limit of 22,000 season tickets + 3,000 away, which would leave approx. 5,000 available for non-season ticket holders/walk-up's.

I don’t understand why there has to be a percentage for walk ups. Who would make such a rule? I can understand the regulations regarding the FA cup etc but other than that I see no reason why a club, as a business cannot sell all of the rest as season tickets if it wants. I think it’s much more likely that the club itself sets a limit knowing that it will sell walk up tickets at a higher price than season tickets on a per game value

23 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I don’t understand why there has to be a percentage for walk ups. Who would make such a rule? I can understand the regulations regarding the FA cup etc but other than that I see no reason why a club, as a business cannot sell all of the rest as season tickets if it wants. I think it’s much more likely that the club itself sets a limit knowing that it will sell walk up tickets at a higher price than season tickets on a per game value

They are marked up, but the cost of sale is much higher - all that posting, needing staff on duty etc.  The fewer available the more expensive it becomes per ticket.  I suspect the club would move to a Season Ticket only model if it could guarantee it would sell them all.

18 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Obviously, our season tickets are sensibly priced but not everyone can afford them.

I'm sure there are also some die-hard fans who can't afford on or can't make it to every game because of family/caring commitments etc.

Also, thinking of the future.......how many of us remember our first game at the BBG or at Pride Park.........and how many first games were with a season ticket?

Making it a closed shop with an all-or-nothing season ticket decision could be a poor long-term business decision. 

This isn't a pop at you at all @Gerry Daly as this next comment isn't a reply to yours..........I'm off on a grumpy tangent.......but can we all try to avoid all the "I'm a better fan than you" stuff this season. I've got a season ticket and go to a fair few away games but it doesn't make me any better whatsoever than some poor sod with little money, young kids and ill parents who goes to a solitary Papa John's game.

22 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

They are marked up, but the cost of sale is much higher - all that posting, needing staff on duty etc.  The fewer available the more expensive it becomes per ticket.  I suspect the club would move to a Season Ticket only model if it could guarantee it would sell them all.

I don’t get that the cost of sale of an individual ticket is much higher, to buy a ticket you must have a customer number, to get a customer number you have to open an account. 
After that you can buy tickets online.

A handling fee and postage fee is charged separately.

Plus, obviously the price of the match day ticket will be higher.

41 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

This isn't a pop at you at all @Gerry Daly as this next comment isn't a reply to yours..........I'm off on a grumpy tangent.......but can we all try to avoid all the "I'm a better fan than you" stuff this season. I've got a season ticket and go to a fair few away games but it doesn't make me any better whatsoever than some poor sod with little money, young kids and ill parents who goes to a solitary Papa John's game.

No but DCFC have a system in place where loyal fans are treated differently by how many away matches they attend, Super fans 1st, Semi super fans 2nd, Fans 3rd, Then the poor sods who are the general public 4th or summat like that 😁

I get the argument that there are some fans who can only afford to go to a few games so therefore selling all tickets as season tickets would be unfair. However I think there are 3 points

1. I think if you want a season ticket you should be able to buy one(and see point 3 below)

2. If we can sell all seats as season tickets then still have walk ups the ground isn't big enough. The South stand in particular is over subscribed. that needs extending

3. The walk ups really only want the 'plum' games. Having a season ticket means you don't have to compete with the those people for those games

32 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

3. The walk ups really only want the 'plum' games. Having a season ticket means you don't have to compete with the those people for those games

Can only speak for myself and my family but that’s not true. My uncle lives in the states, when he’s over he goes to any game he can, whoever the opposition and whatever the competition, he’s been a Ram all his life and used to stand on the BBG terraces with my Grandfather in the 60s and 70s.

I’m stuck living in South Wales through circumstance, with work commitments and a young family, when I get the rare opportunity to visit family in Derby I’ll go to whatever game I can. Or will make the effort to visit for any random game I can.
Not everyone who “walks up” does so for the “plum games”, it’s a poor assumption on your part.

49 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I get the argument that there are some fans who can only afford to go to a few games so therefore selling all tickets as season tickets would be unfair. However I think there are 3 points

1. I think if you want a season ticket you should be able to buy one(and see point 3 below)

2. If we can sell all seats as season tickets then still have walk ups the ground isn't big enough. The South stand in particular is over subscribed. that needs extending

On the third point, that really isn't true. I've not had a season ticket for 10 years because of financial circumstances meaning I'm not that comfortable making a regular payment or a large one-time upfront payment. However, I've never dipped below 10 games a season and regularly make around 18-20 games. Some months I'll go to every game, other months I'll maybe do 1 at most.